Nintendo leaks continue, this time featuring N64 development repositories and source codes

9xCVsvl.png

Someone clearly left the faucet on, because we've got even more leaks. Yesterday's "Gigaleak", which contained in-development betas and source codes for Super Nintendo games has been added upon in a "Gigaleak II". Supposedly, a new file being distributed contains source codes for Nintendo 64 titles, including Super Mario 64, a corrupted version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Animal Forest, and much more, which is yet to be fully discovered.

A direct source/download link to the contents of this leak cannot be shared, as they are warez.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 08.22.04.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 08.22.04.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by shaunj66,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok this is making tomorrow epic
Much as I want to be excited, I don't want to get myself disappointed, so I'm going to expect nothing.

However, if it does happen, and the full source code files for OoT are on there that would allow us to potentially access every BETA element, I will possibly faint in happiness.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Was watching a vid discussing them leaks, one guy in the comments claims to be friends with someone working there, Ninty is pissed af and has sent a note regarding these leaks:
In an unexpected addition, we have been sent reports by several of you detailing source code gained via unauthorized access to our partner, iQue's, development servers. We thank you for your various reports in their content and the IT dept. is investigating the content and means it was accessed in. We ask that you not access these files should you come across them, and delivery any links or services providing these files to: xxxxxxxxxx@noa.nintendo.com. Distributing these files or discussing their content will lead to consequences, if, and when we find out. Thank you."

Take it with a grain of salt, might just be made up crap, but if it's true, them assfuck, threatening their emplooyes, lol, they're no different than any other triple ay company, those dickheads.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's made up crap.

are you 12 years old? LeL YoUtOOB commMEnter I aM NintENdO EmplOyEes frIeNd.
iQue is totally owned by Nintendo. Its not nintendos "partner"
Think you missed the part where I said "Take it with a grain of salt, it might be made up crap" :v
Tho, I'd totally believe Ninty threatening their employees, lol

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What the flip? No they don't.
And a person with a legitimate law degree is not at all an "average Joe".
I am a professional software engineer that works closely with the security sector (also a pentester..) and thus I am required to have education about my local law as well as having a grasp about basic international copyright laws, otherwise I couldn't do a fair share of jobs I am/was contracted for.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People who work as programmers tend to know a lot more about copyright law than your average Joe with a law degree.
What the flip? No they don't.
And a person with a legitimate law degree is not at all an "average Joe".
I would expect the average lawyer to be able to conduct a case (assuming they do the whole trial law bit anyway), tell me about tort law, file the relevant documents, write contracts, make sure said contracts are filed, do depositions, and all that goes with that.

If I lined up 50 people that passed the bar in the last 5 years and 50 programmers of similar experience levels (never mind any kind of veterans, though we could do that too -- while people do switch fields in law from time to time it is rather rare) I would bet everything I own that the programmers would be better able to tell me about the investigative techniques people might use, the trap stuff I mentioned above, notable cases of people and companies being sued for copyright infringement and what caused it, probably the different types of IP and cases there, what copyright entails for them, how it is usually handled within businesses, how it is handled within their field, possibly have a more than cursory familiarity with software licensing, possibly be able to be dragged up to some form of expert witness, tell me about the DMCA, tell me about the librarian and their increasing list of DMCA exemptions.
Everything there is their life and livelihood -- they are the ones that get called to implement and ensure compliance (and in good companies maybe even have a say at the purchasing level) with software they buy in, and if they sell software or what is effectively access to the software it is copyright that underpins the lot. Anyone that came up in that world likely has met it for years where I would take a similar bet to the one above that most lawyers are only going to say "I want to do this, how much is it going to cost me to be able to do it?", mainly as that is what every non computer person doing the whole business thing asks.

If one of said lawyers is a dedicated copyright, trademark or patent (such that it is for computer programs -- Japan and US being about the only places that have software patents, everywhere else considers them an utter abomination and affront to all that patents are supposed to be about) then outside of maybe trivia (and even that is not assured) they would likely mop the floor with most of the computer peeps but if they are a family law, employment law or tax law then they would know such things are assets and to be priced accordingly but struggle to do anything like explain the four factors.
What the computer peeps would be able to do in lawyer world is also a fun one that is hotly debated (see any number of jokes about representing yourself, much less representing yourself as a mere mortal). That said where computers wiped out the bottom rungs of many jobs they also appear to be coming for the lawyers -- how many lawyers want to do discovery/disclosure without ctrl and F, at the same time you get the delivery of source code you think your competitors stole (or more likely to the independent third party analysis firm) do you think they could not make sense of a "this fragment is clearly lifted from your code because of this error if you run it" type report?, and similarly if a company popped up offering prebaked contracts that you have a box to fill in relevant parties how much would that really account for (as a hint have you had a personalised EULA or preorder lately? Unless you are paying me 6 figures for my software you are probably not getting one either).

Shape

Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing is, if any of this is used to further emulation development, it would technically be illegal. Hopefully, that doesn't happen, as I want emulation to stay legal.

Twist: this wasn't a leak. This was a strategy. Someone just figured out Nintendo's masterplan...

Ecchi95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the games only have a handful of .c files. I guess they are the files where changes needed to be made for iQue.

But the games do have .h files and .o files, so we are able to get the original function names for almost every function. (certain functions are excluded?)

This my N64 hacking tool (load_symbols.exe) using the real function names on the debug version of Ocarina of Time Master Quest:

(The debug version of the game actually tells you what C file you are looking at. It's not reading the leaked source.)

fishingsymbols.jpg

These function names specifically were taken from the leaked source, though: (don't seem to be present in the .o file)

fishingsymbols2.jpg

Empty02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Someone clearly left the faucet on, because we've got even more leaks. Yesterday's "Gigaleak", which contained in-development betas and source codes for Super Nintendo games has been added upon in a "Gigaleak II". Supposedly, a new file being distributed contains source codes for Nintendo 64 titles, including Super Mario 64, a corrupted version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Animal Forest, and much more, which is yet to be fully discovered.

A direct source/download link to the contents of this leak cannot be shared, as they are warez.

Source?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see it often, can someone explain me the chad meme? I don't get it.
I am not sure I have heard it used as a verb before but generally it was a name associated with young men that work out a lot, wear a popped collar shirt and otherwise act all alpha male, this particularly in the US. The sort of guy that might swoop in, get all the ladies and go from there, if given a surname it will usually be something ridiculously macho like Thundercock.
There are a few variations (see its use among the incel set and other uses among the MGTOW stuff) but mostly similar to the mainline stuff and differences for the ones there being more in terms of worldview.
It then gets compared and contrasted with the opposite of that (continuing with male stereotypes then think nerds -- no physical strength, poor posture, no particular game with the ladies), possibly with the counterpoint being dubbed the virgin.
One of the more notable examples of the concept.
chad.png

In this case it would presumably be that Nintendo can't handle their security/business and got smacked down and made a fool of by some hackers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work