Nintendo pulls out WiiU from GamesCom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are people not getting tired for being so negative towards Nintendo? Literally everything is being transformed into something (horribly) negative. Why are people being so dramatic about everything?

DukeDizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear it's not comin' to GC! I have totally no interest in lil' swarming fanboys. The assigned Zelda-Flashmob on Thursday may even be more than I can take. What's so wrong about just presenting games and a creepy show with "Mario's original voice" like last year?
And yes, the 3DS won't make it.
Anywhere.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
i remember somebody talking about this sometime ago... but what if nintendo found a way to actually put the 3DS and the WiiU together? I don't mean take two consoles and smash them together and see what you get.. no. I mean using the 3DS as the controller.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
Are people not getting tired for being so negative towards Nintendo? Literally everything is being transformed into something (horribly) negative. Why are people being so dramatic about everything?
Because a lot of people were disappointed with the Wii when it was first released, and decide that disappointment should be applied to all things Nintendo. Of course, that's not why everyone doesn't like Nintendo, it's just a common reason.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
BlueStar said:
The fuck are "adult" games? I thought the problem for some people was the Wii had too many adult games that people's parents played? Oh, wait, you mean the kind of games aimed at teenagers.
Don't make posts that contribute nothing to the conversation. "Adult"="not for little kids" when it comes to games. Now let's get back on topic.
No, it tends to mean "stuff with space marines in". Professor Layton and Picross are more "adult" than Gears of War and Killzone, but they don't get incorporated into the "adults games" quota when talking about a console's library.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Slyakin said:
If Nintendo scraps the WiiU entirely and makes a new console that actually works (maybe better graphics and a better controller) I would seriously just abandon Sony and Microsoft for good.
Doesn't make the console have great games like the PS3 and 360 does though.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
If Nintendo scraps the WiiU entirely and makes a new console that actually works (maybe better graphics and a better controller)

So basically make a console that will be exactly the same as MS and Sony's next offerings? You've already got two companies making almost identical systems, why do you need another?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would not be surprised if they delay WiiU.
What makes the WiiU special? The big, fat, ugly looking controller o.o? Which, just by looking at it makes me feel uncomfortable..

I am not a big fan of the Wiimote, but it worked. Most games had fun controlls.

Seriously now, security o.O? Its more like they are concerned that they failed yet again.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Zerosuit connor said:
This is a family orientated console and always will be. That's what ninty needs to fix
More like people need to stop seeing every Nintendo console as family orientated instead see it as everyone orientated.

That's what people need to do.

/serious

Do you know why? Because this next console is definitely for wii and u.
tpi.gif

Adult targeting games?

But if those same games would come out for another console, I would end up buying it for said other console. For 3 reasons. 1.The wii mote is too difficult to use for many games. 2. the other consoles have achievements and trophies. 3. Nintendo's online service still has a lot of work to do. The 3ds and the eshop's poor growth rate shows nintendo is far behind in that area.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
KingVamp said:
More like people need to stop seeing every Nintendo console as family orientated instead see it as everyone orientated.
Isn't family "everyone"? Or does "family" mean "everyone at the same time, all the time"? Is a PC family oriented or "family" oriented?

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand WHY there is SO MUCH hate towards this system that isn't released yet.
People thought the Wii's motion controls were a gimmick and now people are saying the SAME exact thing about this controller.
Its like saying PSMove is innovative. (WHICH IS NOT!) I mean don't get me wrong but which two companies tried to copy Nintendo?
Nintendo is a family oriented company huh? what about this E3 when Microsoft was reaching towards the kids with Elmo and friends
and Kinectamals? Nothing wrong producing games to the casual market, hardcore gamers just take the advantage to make fun of them.
The WiiU may seem like a dumb maybe stupid idea, but didn't we expect the same thing with the Wii in 06?
we thought it was gonna flop but it didn't It sold more than PS3 AND 360 tenfold.
About the 3DS not selling well:
Its because SOME ignorant news publishers like, THESUN are make BLATANT lies about the system. Clearly they are twisting Nintendo's word
thus making it a "hot topic". The 3DS was a bit too overprice and should of been around 180$. Now can we PLEASE stop judging Nintendo
with its failures and stop assuming that WiiU is a gimmick? We all fail sometimes, its natural.
EDIT: Nintendo is giving you an HD Wii with great online AND Amazing 3rd party support...isn't that what you wanted?

P.S INB4 TL;DR
rolleyes.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry your miss informed, but Microsoft didn't copy shit. Kinect is a licensed tech. Nintendo turned down the offer to use/get it. Microsoft was offered the same tech and accepted the license for it. Would you turn down a potential money maker, you competitor turned down? Especially when the only reason they rejected it was because of hardware limitation, limitations your product doesn't have?

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
Sorry your miss informed, but Microsoft didn't copy shit. Kinect is a licensed tech. Nintendo turned down the offer to use/get it. Microsoft was offered the same tech and accepted the license for it. Would you turn down a potential money maker, you competitor turned down? Especially when the only reason they rejected it was because of hardware limitation, limitations your product doesn't have?

Yes, and about the WIi U getting the same hate as the Wii?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Modifications are the sole reason
closedeyes.gif

Or they are just planning on how to showcase the WiiU properly unlike the broken presentation they gave at E3 Lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [checks my batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D