Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
JoostinOnline said:
@Slyakin: The Wii U already has better graphics that the PS3 and 360, and TV's have a maximum resolution of 1080p, so they can't really get much better.
why dont you actually wait to there is actual games out first instead of using tech demo's as benchmarks
unless you mean the stolen gameplay footage from the 360 and PS3
rofl.gif
I mean hardware stats. I wouldn't compare graphics from a demo.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS was a flop. I've always hated 3D technology, it's just a phase. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

I honestly think the WiiU sounds great, tablets are all the rage right now. I hope they don't scrap it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haloman800 said:
3DS was a flop. I've always hated 3D technology, it's just a phase. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

I honestly think the WiiU sounds great, tablets are all the rage right now. I hope they don't scrap it.
Actually, the 3DS is basically the opposite of a "flop". The sales are guaranteed to rise after the price drop, and it has some awesome games that actually use the 3D for gameplay (depth perception to judge distance).

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Slyakin said:
Haloman800 said:

Actually, the 3DS is basically the opposite of a "flop". The sales are guaranteed to rise after the price drop, and it has some awesome games that actually use the 3D for gameplay (depth perception to judge distance).
They said the same for Starfox, but look what happenned...
I prefer to be negative in this kind of situations, so if it does better, you will be: "it did better than I expected"

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haloman800 said:

Why the past tense? The 3DS isn't dead yet.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Haloman800 said:

Nor was it a flop.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
machomuu said:
Haloman800 said:

Nor was it a flop.
That too.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Haloman800 said:

Must mean it isn't anymore.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the current situation with the 3DS not selling well, they need to careful consider all possibilities surrounding the success (or not) of the Wii U that includes; marketing, design, developers, strengths, weaknesses, target audience e.t.c.

Nintendo thought the 3DS would sell like hotcakes but after the rather dismal launch of the 3DS they CANNOT balls up the Wii U if they do it could cause big problems for Nintendo in the future.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first joined the GBAtemp forums, I made a thread describing how nintendo can run a service like netflix with their games. Allow downloading of NDS games for a subscription per month. Of course, people thought I randomly thought this without thinking about it and I got flamed to high heaven because of it.

However, I created a thread months ago (pretty drunk) asking how much on average people spend on NDS games per year. Lets say the average person spends about $120 dollars on NDS games per year, then if someone was able to pay a subscription fee of $10 per month, everything spent towards Nintendo games would not be lost. However, you all still flammed me to high hell about suggesting it, yet this would be in Nintendo's best interest for now.

The suggestion I made was simple, Nintendo had only three packages coupled with buying a DS; each packages allowed a certain number DS (also virtual console downloads which will be available on the 3ds) per month with a basic subscription fee per month. On average per year, (this is also why I posted a thread asking how much on average people spend on NDS games per year), nintendo may receive more money per year with a subscription service per month then they make selling NDS games with people playing more games (which allowed more advertising).

The numbers worked simply, if people downloaded a certain game more then another certain game, nintendo would fund that developer more then the other developers; it's as if people have spent more money on developer one than developer two as if they had purchased games. Nintendo would save money because the majority of this would be done digitally.

Where is the catch, how does one download a certain number of games a week mean nintendo gets more money. The catch is the service. On average, they will pull in more revenue per person per year. People will play more games they never wanted to buy (almost like pirating) making a larger population of people who play nintendo games almost like free advertising. Pirating would not be as necessary since a subscription owner can download the games per month and be occupied for a low cost. There is no catch, the unbalance you see in mathematics is that people will download games they would have never bought yet Nintendo still makes money.

The last thing I leave here, because when I first joined GBAtemp forums, I got flammed more than anything else for suggesting this; I still expect the same from this post. Unintelligent people will never understand what the fuck I'm trying to say. As I finish my twelve pack of beer and ready to pass out; I say, have a good one.
--

It would still be possible to buy physical media

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haloman800 said:

More of case of hate 3D,so it should be a flop.

What is to dislike about 3D unless you can't just handle 3D.
How is it just a phase when we are getting closer and closer towards it? ie Glasses-less 3D TV, Netflix 3d videos, Glasses-less 3d tablets

How isn't tablets a phase?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
machomuu said:
shinkukage09 said:
machomuu said:
Haloman800 said:

Nor was it a flop.
That too.
it's getting close to it though sales drops, price drops, no games if nintendo doesn't do something about it real soon the 3ds will have a very short life.

as for them pulling the WU they prob don't want $ony to steal any more ideas before it's release
stupidfaceh.jpg

D

Deleted User

Well, sorry for the blunt, opinionated approach, which has no evidence backing it up- which I don't usually take to posts here, but the WiiU is a pile of shit.

I believe that may be why it was pulled out.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Zerosuit connor said:
This is a family orientated console and always will be. That's what ninty needs to fix
I don't see how that's true, considering the fact that they are removing the need for friend codes and are bringing back 3rd-party support.

There is 0 chance that Nintendo will cancel the Wii U, not unless they want to go bankrupt. They have been working on it for like 5 years, and they simply can't afford to drop it.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah they won't cancel but in the eyes of consumers it is family orientated. There are no adult targeting games out for wii im hoping they change this for wii u.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerosuit connor said:
This is a family orientated console and always will be. That's what ninty needs to fix
More like people need to stop seeing every Nintendo console as family orientated instead see it as everyone orientated.

That's what people need to do.

/serious

Do you know why? Because this next console is definitely for wii and u.
tpi.gif

Adult targeting games?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Zerosuit connor said:
Nah they won't cancel but in the eyes of consumers it is family orientated. There are no adult targeting games out for wii im hoping they change this for wii u.
There are several (add The Conduit to the list above) for the Wii, but that has nothing to do with what will be released for the Wii. They have already announced that they are going to bring more support for adult games from 3rd party companies.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The fuck are "adult" games? I thought the problem for some people was the Wii had too many adult games that people's parents played? Oh, wait, you mean the kind of games aimed at teenagers.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
The fuck are "adult" games? I thought the problem for some people was the Wii had too many adult games that people's parents played? Oh, wait, you mean the kind of games aimed at teenagers.
Don't make posts that contribute nothing to the conversation. "Adult"="not for little kids" when it comes to games. Now let's get back on topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [checks my batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D