Nintendo releases free Nintendo Switch game 'Jump Rope Challenge'

jump1.jpg

If 2020 wasn't surprising enough, Nintendo just came with a surprise announcement: a free Nintendo Switch game. Titled Jump Rope Challenge, Nintendo describes it as a "simple game" that helps you "take an active break in your day by jumping rope". The company explains that it was made by "a few Nintendo developers while working from home in Japan to add quick and fun physical movement into their daily life." It seems that they want to share their creation to the world as many are working remotely and could do with some new take on physical activity.

By using the Joy-Cons as a jumping rope handle, players can keep active with successive jumps and keep the on-screen counter climbing up. It allows you to keep track of your daily progress, as well as set a daily goal to reach. As the game has "challenge" in its title, a friends can also join in the activity with another pair of Joy-Cons and compete for the highest score.

jump3.jpg

jump2.jpg jump4.jpg jump 5.jpg

Will you try Jump Rope Challenge? What's your daily goal?

UPDATE:

According to a Nintendo press release, the company notes that the game is a "limited-time release until the end of September 2020".

:arrow: SOURCE
:download: Jump Rope Challenge eShop link

Last edited by Prans, , Reason: added Nintendo statement

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not good, NIntendo. I think that's why that one pokemon game was used to hack nsp files. every scene hopes a free game will be released to use to exploit. happened with the 360 yaris swap, happens with the ps3's game "fixes."

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could help to get me to exercise a little more often. Except that while I do have an unpatched Nintendo Switch, I haven't made a Nintendo Account yet, not even by registering via Facebook, Google, or Twitter, which makes me unable to access the eShop on there. :( Is there some other way I can try getting this game legitimately, without having to resort to CFW to install the NSP?

What does the home screen icon for this game look like, I'm wondering?

Reactions: Sundree

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could help to get me to exercise a little more often. Except that while I do have an unpatched Nintendo Switch, I haven't made a Nintendo Account yet, not even by registering via Facebook, Google, or Twitter, which makes me unable to access the eShop on there. :( Is there some other way I can try getting this game legitimately, without having to resort to CFW to install the NSP?

What does the home screen icon for this game look like, I'm wondering?

not that I know of. you can download it to your switch from the pc, but you do need an account, so that it knows where it's going.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that I know of. you can download it to your switch from the pc, but you do need an account, so that it knows where it's going.
Hmm, that could work, but I haven't decided to make a Nintendo Account yet. Maybe I should say that I was trying to see if I could get this game onto my unit without having to make an account first, which seems possible to do only with CFW. A ban resulting from installing NSP files is fatal (virtually), as I'm not willing to get second unit (I have enough computers in various form factors, and I/my famliy doesn't have the extra money around to spend on a second unit) for me. When possible, I will prefer games released for PC, so this wouldn't hurt as much.

BTW, this game's size is only 78 MB, probably the smallest game published by Nintendo yet, looking at its eShop page. I think there aren't any other games from them that are this small! :D Even better, this seems like to be the only full game published by Nintendo that is free to download.

Last edited by Worldblender,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that pokemon game is free. let me see what it's called. pokemon home or quest -- one of them is the one that was used to figure out nsp games. someone asked what it looked like on the home screen. I just downloaded it. it was finished before I could get to the home screen. lol:

20200616_012747_HDR.jpg

D

Deleted User

What a big difference a simple change between ¢99 and free can do in changing everyone's opinion.
not everyone has a credit card, specially kids, i'm sure some parents only buy their kids physical games and dont add any balance to the eshop

BTW, this game's size is only 78 MB, probably the smallest game published by Nintendo yet, looking at its eShop page. I think there aren't any other games from them that are this small! :D Even better, this seems like to be the only full game published by Nintendo that is free to download.
wiiware had a 40 MB limit and nintendo released a few games off their own there, although if you consider nes games, super mario brothers fit on a 32k rom edit: i read my replies and noticed i come off as a bit rude, this was never my intention

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's referring to the switch eshop. I don't think it's published by Nintendo, but I'm showing fortnite as even smaller:

upload_2020-6-16_1-44-22.png

I've downloaded every game I own for when the eshop goes down since I'm digital only.

Reactions: leerpsp
D

Deleted User

I think he's referring to the switch eshop. I don't think it's published by Nintendo, but I'm showing fortnite as even smaller:

View attachment 213541

I've downloaded every game I own for when the eshop goes down since I'm digital only.
oh, if you only consider switch titles then yes, maybe fornite is an installer and not a game? does it ask you to download more when you open it the first time? some android games often do this but i dont know about the switch ( i dont have one)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, if you only consider switch titles then yes, maybe fornite is an installer and not a game? does it ask you to download more when you open it the first time?

I don't know. I don't have a hacked switch to test it with. I have it even smaller as nsz:

upload_2020-6-16_1-54-34.png

it's probably an installer of some kind. I can't imagine a switch game being that small.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1