Speedrunner
OP
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: View what the video actually was here.

As you can see, Nintendo has started taking down videos of Let's Plays. Not just monetized ones, but even non-monetized. Because of this takedown, I am unable to post videos longer than 15 minutes (which is just about every speedrun, my channel's main content).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh... with the whole YouTube fiasco going on, you can't blame Nintendo.

Even people who work with Nintendo like BlackNerd got his videos claimed and taken down, when Nintendo asked him to make them. YouTube said they were claimed by Nintendo, but they weren't.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job, Nintendo. Please carry on taking down videos that are entirely free advertisement and spiting your audience. :)

What's the point if they'll be taken down anyways? ;)

Well he said videos over 15 minutes will be taken down, so you could take like a 20 min video and just make it into two 10 minute videos and avoid the takedown. Or maybe I misinterpreted.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost positive this is YouTube and not Nintendo. Ubisoft, Capcom, EA and Nintendo have all had their content flagged and identified in other peoples videos and have been cited as claiming the video, when in reality it was YouTube's system that took down the video. They likely don't even know about your video being taken down.

Reactions: T Link7

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Uh... with the whole YouTube fiasco going on, you can't blame Nintendo.

Even people who work with Nintendo like BlackNerd got his videos claimed and taken down, when Nintendo asked him to make them. YouTube said they were claimed by Nintendo, but they weren't.
I smell conspiracy theory, but yeah, the system is automated for the most part.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently articles have been popping up revealing some really sad information. In most cases it isn't video game companies, movie companies or television companies having youtube take down people's reviews or walkthroughs.

It is actually videos getting flagged for music right violations, even for something as simple as 5 seconds of a song playing in low decimals in the background. In most of these cases too, it's youtube policies fault. Even music that's gone copyright free as well as music that's never had copyrights attached to it, triggers youtubes overbearing big brother mode.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
it not really Nintendo

it youtube contact id system it super strict , i like, use sound effects for different games (small amount of them) video get contact id flag

and stuff like this happens

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he said videos over 15 minutes will be taken down, so you could take like a 20 min video and just make it into two 10 minute videos and avoid the takedown. Or maybe I misinterpreted.
You misinterpreted. What he was saying is that one of his videos has been taken down, which reduces the standing of his Youtube account to such that he can not longer upload videos longer than 15 minutes. The length has nothing to do with the takedown, it's just a result of having one of your videos taken down.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misinterpreted. What he was saying is that one of his videos has been taken down, which reduces the standing of his Youtube account to such that he can not longer upload videos longer than 15 minutes. The length has nothing to do with the takedown, it's just a result of having one of your videos taken down.

Oh okay, thanks for the information.

This extra sucks then.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Almost positive this is YouTube and not Nintendo. Ubisoft, Capcom, EA and Nintendo have all had their content flagged and identified in other peoples videos and have been cited as claiming the video, when in reality it was YouTube's system that took down the video. They likely don't even know about your video being taken down.
if that is truth is like Youtube is wanting to be hated taking down everything that can be claimed, and blaming other companies for that.
but they are popular and people still will use it until someone release a better or equal service. Dailymotion suck my left ball and Vimeo suck my right ball and NicoNico videos are full of flying comments.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember that Roosterteeth/Achievement Hunter was saying they have to be EXTREMELY careful with the things try include with their videos for fear of having them removed.
They could barely inside the games own soundtrack in a Tony Hawk lets play for fear of being taken down.
It really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Pain +1