Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.3 released

gkQj6UD.png

In the midst of the recent DMCA claims against Switch homebrew, Nintendo has also been busy working on a firmware update for the Nintendo Switch. System software version 16.0.3 is available to download, bringing only the expected stability. SwitchBrew has created an entry for this new update, while SciresM is yet to confirm if this impacts Atmosphere CFW in any way.

[UPDATE] Atmosphere is indeed impacted by this firmware, do not update until further notice.

:arrow: Source

treefroggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol well that fixed everything! only four minutes after my post! I feel so spoiled!
edit: now I see what you all were saying about lockpick.

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I barely missed having an accident. I've been putting off updating my switch. Decided to do it yesterday. New to emuNand and still figuring things out. Went to update from Nintendo servers on sysNand and it wouldn't connect. Troubleshot for a bit and just skipped that. Downloaded 16.02 and updated emuNand. Everything went as smooth as can be.

Reactions: Mike_77712

Sm3bul0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it worth poking the bear and see how it would react, just for the sake of playing a game two weeks early? I'll bet new keys are coming right up from Nintendo since Lockpick is DMCA'd. Well, let's see how it develops. I can understand Nintendo getting pissed off at emulator users playing their latest games, since it's even worse than regular piracy. The emu users didn't even bother to buy Nintendo hardware and hack it... not a single penny went to Nintendo. Of course, their own faults for using aged hardware that can be easily emulated by current PCs.
Was it worth poking the bear and see how it would react, just for the sake of playing a game two weeks early?
Yes
Post automatically merged:

How long might it take for atmosphere to become functional again?

Reactions: Mike_77712

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Switch is getting there.
And the OS is still pretty bare-bones, too. At least the 3DS had StreetPass and a free mini-game RPG that worked together to pass the time and earn collectibles.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh well 16.02 will be my last firmware considering zelda TOTK is the the only game I'll be playing from now on 😂.. Once I've completed it I'll pack it back in its box and put in storage. Got no other reason to play it afterwards

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Stability" lol it still can't play BoTW without its bugs.

Nintendo should have expected this game be leaked, nice rubbing of hands as they held back their legal dawgs....... stick em boyz $€£m's in bs damages.

You'd have thought this game came requiring said firmware update, but no.

Reactions: piek50 and Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...