Nintendo Switch firmware update 10.0.1 out now

TV4lThD.png

Get your horses, because this update is stable! Nintendo has just put out firmware version 10.0.1 for the Switch, bringing us the typical message we've come to love: general system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience. According to SciresM, only the HID sysmodule was updated, so Atmosphere users on 0.11.1 are perfectly fine.

:arrow: Source: Nintendo Patch Notes / SciresM

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were a bunch of reports of people having minor stick drift with Pro controllers, etc. after updating to 10.0 - given that the HID module was the only thing updated, it's safe to assume that's what this update addresses.

I thought it was just my Pro Controller acting up again, but this makes a LOT of sense, thanks.

Reactions: blisscast

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I had something wrong with my ears which was messing with my balance and causing me to fall over, I installed this update and put the switch in my pocket - now I feel as stable as ever & have stopped losing my balance....thanks Ninty for the stability fix, awesome!

Reactions: Natural

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't normally do this in normal conversation, but this is my reaction to Nintendo's vague messages: [Silly & incredibly misleading commercial from 1984.]
No, I don't favor Apple over Nintendo by any means. I'm still a Nintendo fan, but I think this commercial is appropriate for how Nintendo treats its end users.

As someone who has followed Apple since the ][+ came out, you have no idea how ironic that statement is. Apple treats its customs like they are walking ATMs and always has. Nintendo bends over backwards to make their actual customers (as opposed to the thieves that love Nintendo games but don't love paying for them) happy. Nor does Nintendo sell their hardware at 53% margins like AAPL. Apple has always better marketing than engineering and that commercial is an example of that. Great marketing can overcome the image that a company has earned through its actions. Apple is more Big Brother than any of its competitors. And yet some of you continue to act like they have somehow liberated the masses. Such fanboys need more than a mere stability update. They need to get a grip on reality.

Last edited by ChibiMofo,
Reactions: Dust2dust

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder...does this cause issues with booting up the console, or reading game carts?
If not, then Nintendo's more intelligent than Sony, in that they actually care about testing updates for critical flaws before releasing them.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As someone who has followed Apple since the ][+ came out, you have no idea how ironic that statement is. Apple treats its customs like they are walking ATMs and always has. Nintendo bends over backwards to make their actual customers (as opposed to the thieves that love Nintendo games but don't love paying for them) happy. Nor does Nintendo sell their hardware at 53% margins like AAPL. Apple has always better marketing than engineering and that commercial is an example of that. Great marketing can overcome the image that a company has earned through its actions. Apple is more Big Brother than any of its competitors. And yet some of you continue to act like they have somehow liberated the masses. Such fanboys need more than a mere stability update. They need to get a grip on reality.
Eh, I just find macOS to be more enjoyable to use than Windows. Everything's cleaner on macOS; it's easy to locate files, even when there's a ton of them; Finder actually has tab support, unlike File Explorer; the trackpad is actually quite good (though this isn't macOS, but rather laptop design); Dashboard used to be an awesome place to keep notes, simple calculators and unit converters before they stupidly removed it (should've removed Launchpad instead).

If I could install macOS on non-Apple laptops - i.e. laptops that actually have some oomph in them, and aren't practically highway-robbery levels of expensive - then it'd be the perfect combination.
I love macOS; I'm not exactly a fan of Apple. Also, Galaxy > iPhone; the former is far more customisable and enjoyable to use, even without root access and stuff.

Reactions: NotMyTempo

NotMyTempo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple has always better marketing than engineering and that commercial is an example of that. Great marketing can overcome the image that a company has earned through its actions. Apple is more Big Brother than any of its competitors. And yet some of you continue to act like they have somehow liberated the masses.

To be fair, that's a pretty one-sided look at the historic record. I'm no big fan of Apple these days, but you gotta remember that Mr. Steve Wozniak and Sir Jonathan Paul "Jony" Ive both did some incredible engineering at Apple. And the Apple II was a hell of a feat of engineering and product design and user experience.

Just because they had the best marketing firm working for them didn't mean their marketing was always better than their engineering.

And yeah maybe they didn't liberate the masses. But they really kickstarted the Desktop Publishing Revolution with their Laser Printer. I'm old enough to remember a time when almost every school somewhere in the back had a Mac, Laser Printer, and (ironically enough) a Xerox machine haha. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_publishing#History

Similarly, Apple also created the Hypercard platform that gave us The Manhole (1988), Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds Beyond the Mackerel (1989) and Spelunx, which all eventually lead Myst (the development version was mocked up in Hypercard to help them visualize going from one render to another).

And the Apple II was the development platform of choice for a lot of classic PC games like Prince of Persia.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I could install macOS on non-Apple laptops - i.e. laptops that actually have some oomph in them, and aren't practically highway-robbery levels of expensive - then it'd be the perfect combination.
I love macOS; I'm not exactly a fan of Apple. Also, Galaxy > iPhone; the former is far more customisable and enjoyable to use, even without root access and stuff.

You might wanna look into some Hackintosh solutions then. Apparently there are quite a few new laptops you can get and load Mac OS X onto. I refuse to call it anything other than OS X lol.

(I'm in a similar boat to you. I prefer the OS and use a lot of Mac-only programs in my workflow. But I've got a couple PCs lying around too).

Reactions: RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To be fair, that's a pretty one-sided look at the historic record. I'm no big fan of Apple these days, but you gotta remember that Mr. Steve Wozniak and Sir Jonathan Paul "Jony" Ive both did some incredible engineering at Apple. And the Apple II was a hell of a feat of engineering and product design and user experience.

Just because they had the best marketing firm working for them didn't mean their marketing was always better than their engineering.

And yeah maybe they didn't liberate the masses. But they really kickstarted the Desktop Publishing Revolution with their Laser Printer. I'm old enough to remember a time when almost every school somewhere in the back had a Mac, Laser Printer, and (ironically enough) a Xerox machine haha. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_publishing#History

Similarly, Apple also created the Hypercard platform that gave us The Manhole (1988), Cosmic Osmo and the Worlds Beyond the Mackerel (1989) and Spelunx, which all eventually lead Myst (the development version was mocked up in Hypercard to help them visualize going from one render to another).

And the Apple II was the development platform of choice for a lot of classic PC games like Prince of Persia.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You might wanna look into some Hackintosh solutions then. Apparently there are quite a few new laptops you can get and load Mac OS X onto. I refuse to call it anything other than OS X lol.

(I'm in a similar boat to you. I prefer the OS and use a lot of Mac-only programs in my workflow. But I've got a couple PCs lying around too).
Didn't Steve Jobs once force his workers to create a computer with no fan or cooling systems, to reduce noise? Thus creating a computer with a 100% failure rate, from overheating?
Dude wasn't always a techno-genius.

As for Hackintosh...never thought of that. I don't currently have the money to buy another laptop - I've only got the two I've got thanks partially to my parents, in order to do well at university - but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Reactions: NotMyTempo

NotMyTempo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Steve Jobs once force his workers to create a computer with no fan or cooling systems, to reduce noise? Thus creating a computer with a 100% failure rate, from overheating?

LMAO! I've never heard THAT one before! Would love to see a source on it, if it's true.

The_Monado_Satyr

Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
There were a bunch of reports of people having minor stick drift with Pro controllers, etc. after updating to 10.0 - given that the HID module was the only thing updated, it's safe to assume that's what this update addresses.
wish they would take care of all drifting ive sent my splatoon joycon in about 4 times they temp fixed it twice but it always drifts and spams rumble under a week after repairs.

Danker301090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So no real reason to update, unless you use nintendo online

not quite true as newer titles will start using the firmware files related to 10.0 + so the update will eventually become mandatory.

I expect all the 2K games may be the first next month to do so. you can avoid the update but it would be wise to update now before you are forced to.

Last edited by Danker301090,

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
not quite true as newer titles will start using the firmware files related to 10.0 + so the update will eventually become mandatory.

I expect all the 2K games may be the first next month to do so. you can avoid the update but it would be wise to update now before you are forced to.
The Complex ... one i tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox