Nintendo takes User Reviews feature off its website

404.png

As noted
, as of recently, users could leave reviews for Switch games on Nintendo of America's website. This feature has now been taken down, lasting just a couple of days. It's not certain whether user reviews will return, as Nintendo doesn't currently have an estimated date on an update.

Customer reviews have been taken offline as we evaluate this feature and its functionality. We currently have no estimated date on when an update will be provided. We appreciate the positive response and thank the reviewers who provided such thoughtful commentary on the games.

:arrow: Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, basically, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Why, oh why, am I not surprised?

Why add a review system to just remove it a few days later? Hm. I can only imagine. Maybe they're looking a way to better it?
This is the same company whose late President insisted that "people don't want online" at the height of the transition to it from their direct competition.

This is the same company that deliberately kept their hardware designers in the dark all the way up to designing the WiiU console, so that they didn't even know that services like PSN and XBL existed, much less how they worked.

They need someone to urge them forward.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
someone didn't give botw a 10

Nintendo:

b46.jpg

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did they have any verification method in place that the reviewer actually bought/played the game? Or could just anyone walk in and leave a review?
You needed a Nintendo account linked to your system and have played a title you want to review for at least 2 hours.

Edit: Ninja’d

Reactions: Veho

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Steam review bombing may be a thing, but did Steam remove the ability to write reviews after review bombs? Nintendo didn't even get review bombed but they're paranoid of bad reviews, or so I would reckon. They must also be on edge about moderating review content, because if Miiverse is any indicator every review would've been moderated to keep out even slightly less than family friendly reviews (or anti-Nintendo reviews, hmm?).

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
No use. It would filter out a few trolls, but it's not worth the time and effort since you need 2+ hours of game time anyway, which is 2 hours trolls won't bother spending.

That aside, loopholes would be found anyway; remember the NSMBU community on Miiverse? That was a regular troll heaven, and I'm sure similar loopholes would be found on the review site had it been moderated in the same way.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Steam review bombing may be a thing, but did Steam remove the ability to write reviews after review bombs? Nintendo didn't even get review bombed but they're paranoid of bad reviews, or so I would reckon. They must also be on edge about moderating review content, because if Miiverse is any indicator every review would've been moderated to keep out even slightly less than family friendly reviews (or anti-Nintendo reviews, hmm?).
Ofcourse hence why they have that YouTube program in the first place so that only selected people can review their stuff online and when they do say negative stuff they'll get put on a blacklist and get no more review codes as i've seen many youtubers talk about. Nintendo is all about the censorship and maintaining a good image even if it is synthetic. They've got some criticism and they don't like that so they backed out as fast as they could

Reactions: TheMrIron2

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny i said in the other post that nintendo would likely edit/remove negative reviews so that it can keep claiming to the world how excellent they are.

would look like people are being negative towards its old ports and inferior ports and its shovelware so nintendo remove the full feature all together.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t even have a chance to check this feature out...

I hope it filtered out some types of reviews, like ones where people are complaining they can’t download the game or something like that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A member (I wont name) of here had roast'd nearly every switch title last night....extremely. I only saw a bit of his reviews n god they were just as bad as his trolling on here.
Do it. Name and shame them. :P
I don't really care that they did it, I'm just curious.
This is the same company whose late President insisted that "people don't want online" at the height of the transition to it from their direct competition.

This is the same company that deliberately kept their hardware designers in the dark all the way up to designing the WiiU console, so that they didn't even know that services like PSN and XBL existed, much less how they worked.

They need someone to urge them forward.
Well, they were partially right. I certainly don't want online instead of couch multiplayer, but if it's in addition to it, I'm all for that.
The problem is that a lot of games these days omit couch multiplayer in favor of online. Couch multiplayer is the best way to play almost any multiplayer game, the exception being games that really need a separate screen for each player like strategy games. But it's not always an option, so it's best to have both.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Xabring

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, basically, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Why, oh why, am I not surprised?

Why add a review system to just remove it a few days later? Hm. I can only imagine. Maybe they're looking a way to better it?
the fact that something so common these days and nintendo cant do it right.

erm not exactly rocket science that they impliment a review system so nintendo can filter out the spam.

or is it simply the fact they dont like to be told if a game is crap or not..... hmmm sounds just like its fans, cant accept negative opinions.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ofcourse hence why they have that YouTube program in the first place so that only selected people can review their stuff online and when they do say negative stuff they'll get put on a blacklist and get no more review codes as i've seen many youtubers talk about. Nintendo is all about the censorship and maintaining a good image even if it is synthetic. They've got some criticism and they don't like that so they backed out as fast as they could
I don't think that people having to buy the stuff to review it is a bad thing. Why should anyone get free stuff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu