Nintendo teases "new interactive experience for kids" on Nintendo Switch

IMG_6458.JPG

Nintendo UK's Facebook account has had an interesting post recently; it seems the company has something to reveal at 10 PM GMT. Offering nothing more than a single sentence, the post tells fans to tune in to Nintendo UK's official site to "discover a new interactive experience for kids, and kids at heart". The Japanese Twitter account is currently teasing this reveal as well. Whatever it may be, stay tuned to this thread, which will be updated when the announcement goes live.

:arrow: Source

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
On this matter, "Kids at heart" sounds like they're trying to bring back something from the past.

Something they made when most adults were kids, like me.
This makes me believe that, they'll announce, either an old series revival, a new game from a popular franchise, or a service they used to give us.

The key lies in "For kids and kids at heart"
But I honestly can't remember something specific.

Reactions: XRaTiX

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I remembered that scene in Cobra Mission with the small optic fiber spy camera device.
Well, the childhood nostalgia, I must have played that more than 20 years ago.
well the infrared camera in the R joy-con can sense when something gets closer or further.... so maybe a baseball game where you throw the baseball into the right joy-con.... or something like that...

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On this matter, "Kids at heart" sounds like they're trying to bring back something from the past.

This makes me believe that, they'll announce, either an old series revival, a new game from a popular franchise, or a service they used to give us.

A new Kid Icarus game. I wish.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What if they're bringing back:
Nintendo Power or Club Nintendo like digital magazines?
And you have free access to them through your Nintendo Switch after signing up for Nintendo Online Services, yearly subscription available March 2018 for $20.

EDIT: Actually, they could be unveiling the Nintendo Online Service release date and presenting the line-up of "Classic Game Selection" today..... hmmm....

EDIT2: Coinciding Network Maitenance Schedule... Suspicious, I am leaning more and more to a paid-online service related announcement, and the "Classic Game Selection" line up aligns well with this "kids at heart" thing.

Nintendo Switch Online Maintenance Schedule
Tuesday, January 16
Splatoon 2

• From Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:50 PM - 6:30 PM Pacific Time
  • "All network services" will be affected.
Nintendo Switch

• From Tuesday, January 16, 2018 4:50 PM - 6:30 PM Pacific Time
  • "Some network services" will be affected.
Wednesday, January 17
Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Wii U

• From Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM Pacific Time
  • "Certain network services" will be affected.
Thursday, January 18
Nintendo Switch

• From Thursday, January 18, 2018 4:50 PM - 6:30 PM Pacific Time
  • "Certain network services" for Switch will be affected.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country

The only thing that comes in my mind is the NES Zapper

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys seem to speculate that this will be something for you even though nintendo sais it's for kids.

If I have to guess, I think they will release some kind of new "kid-friendly" hardware for the switch (for young kids) and a game to go along with it.
I could be very wrong about this, but if they say it's for kids I think it will be for kids.

I would not be surprised to see nintendo making hardware and a game suitable for kids age 3-5.

And if this will be the case, don't cry about it, A lot of dads might be happy that they can introduce their small kids to video games early.
I know I certainly would. But I don't let them play on the switch today because they don't understand it and just randomly press all the buttons randomly as hard as they can, it's fragile and they might break it (believe me I tried).

I would appreciate something that they could understand and have fun with.

Reactions: Nezztor

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I figured it out! Nintendo will announce the TX modchip.
It is interactive (you need to put it into your device first), it is targeted to kids who don't have a job and so cannot afford the games they want and it definitely is an experience. :creep:
They'll announce the solderless modchip, for kids who can't do tiny soldering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: