Hacking Nintendo WFC ban rumors

unheared

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo WFC ban rumors

This error code indicates some type of unauthorized activity has occured in an online feature of a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection game.

I hear Nintendo are banning wii console on WFC.
look out people

Untitled109.jpg

Untitled110.jpg

Nintendo does seem to be banning (error code 20102) WFC hackers. The issue is that some say it scans for HBC and mariokart cheaters

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
RUMOR - Nintendo blocking out Homebrew Channel users

The hacking community is abuzz tonight with talk of what may be Nintendo's latest step to squash piracy.

Word is, if you're trying to go online and play a game such as Mario Kart or The Conduit, there's a new Wii background check to see if you have the Homebrew Channel installed. This check goes on without gamers even knowing. If you're found to have the Homebrew Channel on your Wii, say goodbye to playing anything online. Thanks to Sean for the heads up!
source: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=88083

Did anybody expirienced this. Haven`t heard about it till today and as far as I can see the thread is from march
tongue.gif
I sure didn`t notice anything...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds terribly fake. They give no proof at all of their claim. The last time they tried blaming WiFi bans on the HBC it turned out to be because they were using Ocarina cheats online and got caught.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FenrirWolf said:
That sounds terribly fake. They give no proof at all of their claim. The last time they tried blaming WiFi bans on the HBC it turned out to be because they were using Ocarina cheats online and got caught.Ah, so you assume it has nothing to do with the hbc-ticket rather than people cheating online. So that would mean 20102 is because of this!? That would be a relief, since I was in shock reading that one could get banned from the WFC when HBC is installed.
QUOTE(beegee7730 @ Jul 3 2009, 10:25 AM) Its not been mentioned, so I assume not.
Shame on you for bumping
frown.gif
Just wanted to find out if its true and I thought it would be better to use an existing thread rather than making a whole knew just to get this little information.

Thanks
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
FenrirWolf said:
That sounds terribly fake. They give no proof at all of their claim. The last time they tried blaming WiFi bans on the HBC it turned out to be because they were using Ocarina cheats online and got caught.Ah, so you assume it has nothing to do with the hbc-ticket rather than people cheating online. So that would mean 20102 is because of this!? That would be a relief, since I was in shock reading that one could get banned from the WFC when HBC is installed.
QUOTE(beegee7730 @ Jul 3 2009, 10:25 AM) Its not been mentioned, so I assume not.
Shame on you for bumping
frown.gif
Just wanted to find out if its true and I thought it would be better to use an existing thread rather than making a whole knew just to get this little information.

Thanks
smile.gif

http://hackmii.com/2009/03/nintendo-wfc-ban-rumors/

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unheared said:
Nintendo does seem to be banning (error code 20102) WFC hackers. The issue is that some say it scans for HBC and mariokart cheaters
urg... i've been pissed ever since the first person said this.

WFC isnt blocked if you have HBC installed. we've been over that 20000000 times now i think.

D

Deleted-119707

i posted this before wondering if it were true.
well it is just a rumour...

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Good, hopefully it'll put a stop to all these knob heads ruining The Conduit's online multiplayer
smile.gif

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I wasn't able to connect yesterday and the same happenned today.

So I thought that I was banned... But now I can connect. No problem. LOL.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Had someone cheating earlier this morning by sorting through walls and he still got his arse handed to him on a plate by everyone lol
laugh.gif

Meow Mix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something similar happend to me, I wanted to go on wi-fi on brawl but it wouldn't let me and our internet was fine so I tried a few hours later and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3