PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To clarify, you're the one who's in charge of this Nintendont custom mod nowadays?
What happened to the OP?
I look forward to any updates! Thanks and peace!
Hey guys, nice to see that there are still people out there using this mod!
I'll look into updating the mod this or the following week. Don't have much free time currently, tbh...

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
To clarify, you're the one who's in charge of this Nintendont custom mod nowadays?
What happened to the OP?
I look forward to any updates! Thanks and peace!
A few years ago, I began to mantain a mod known as Mr. Mysterio's Mod. Originally, it was made for vWii to display an "animation" of the gamecube bios before PAL games. I added some extra features like playing this animation when booting from nintendont, custom and JPG background image support und custom font colors. The big update was done something like a year ago where I merged the key features of the MasterMod (OP's mode) into MMMod. Sadly, I don't know what happened to him. I really hope he just has the problem that he doesn't have any free time, too.

Reactions: PacDan16

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A few years ago, I began to mantain a mod known as Mr. Mysterio's Mod. Originally, it was made for vWii to display an "animation" of the gamecube bios before PAL games. I added some extra features like playing this animation when booting from nintendont, custom and JPG background image support und custom font colors. The big update was done something like a year ago where I merged the key features of the MasterMod (OP's mode) into MMMod. Sadly, I don't know what happened to him. I really hope he just has the problem that he doesn't have any free time, too.

Thanks the info!
Is this project on GitHub or somewhere else so I can check the latest release there when its it's ready?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks the info!
Is this project on GitHub or somewhere else so I can check the latest release there when its it's ready?
I have a link in my Signature. Nevertheless, I always post a message on this thread, once I uploaded an update. I planned to move the project to github with the next release.

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a link in my Signature. Nevertheless, I always post a message on this thread, once I uploaded an update. I planned to move the project to github with the next release.
Thanks, Send0r! Will there be a new update, you know, with the build that had BBA emulation added and all that, soon?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, originally I planned working on the update this weekend. But again, life happend. I'd say expect the update within the next few weeks :)
Sorry that this takes so long...

Hey dude, I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but it's been awhile without the bba update, you still working on it or has it been put on hold?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hey dude, I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but it's been awhile without the bba update, you still working on it or has it been put on hold?
Hey, it's totally ok that you're asking. I just uploaded an updated version with bba support! :) (Link)

I don't know if anyone wants to read the long story, but in case somebody is interested:
The reason this took so long is because I had no access to my old computer on which I could simply pull the latest changes from the official git repo of nintendont. Additionally I'm not very happy how parts of the mod's code have been written and I think it's kind of interesting that the whole mod actuall works... So I decided to rewrite the whole mod and worked on this rewrite the last few saturday evenings. Sadly, there's still some work todo which is why I didn't release an update until now.
The version I uploaded today exists just because I finally got access to my old PC, on which I just had to fix a few merge requests. So this version is working with the old code base. From the little testing I did, everything seems to work, but if you should find any issues, feel free to tell me!
I don't like giving promises and breaking them later, so the rewritten mod won't have an ETA for now. But plans are to release the rewritten mod on github.

I guess the only thing to say is that I really hope you all had a nice year 2019! See you in the next decade (hopefully)!

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries about the delay. Just happy that it's finally here. Thank you so much for everything you do. Glad to here you are working on rewriting the code. If you don't mind me asking what about your current mod bothered you enough that you wanted to rewrite it?

Also, if you don't mind me saying, you should put a link to this thread on your website. I was reading it and it talks about background images and themes and where to put them but it doesn't say where to get them from. I mean I know where to get them from but just thinking about the new person that may come to your site and not know what to do or where to go.

Last edited by Clutz450,

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your words, I really appreciate them!

Back then, when I created most of the current code, I really had no idea of how pointers work. I didn't fully analyze the current code, but I think I may be creating und using dangling pointers. Also, some parts of the code can be simplified and use safer functions when it comes to building strings. Also, I may have an idea on how to shrink the code for the theme download menus...

Great idea! Never thought of that, I just updated the website.

Reactions: Clutz450

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@send0r can you reupload the previous version? Without the BBA emulation? i ask because I've come across a fault in this latest version that wasn't here before. When I boot directly into Nintendont from my Wii U menu, everything works just fine and games load without issue. But now, when I launch Gamecube games installed as separate VC channels, when the system goes through the process of booting the game trhough this latest version of MMMod, two lines of code are done (Loading patched kernel... 1 ES_Init... Done!) and it just hangs there. On the previous version that didn't have the bba emulation, this wasn't a problem, and the GC games installed as separate VC titles would boot without issue.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
@send0r can you reupload the previous version? Without the BBA emulation? i ask because I've come across a fault in this latest version that wasn't here before. When I boot directly into Nintendont from my Wii U menu, everything works just fine and games load without issue. But now, when I launch Gamecube games installed as separate VC channels, when the system goes through the process of booting the game trhough this latest version of MMMod, two lines of code are done (Loading patched kernel... 1 ES_Init... Done!) and it just hangs there. On the previous version that didn't have the bba emulation, this wasn't a problem, and the GC games installed as separate VC titles would boot without issue.
Hey, would you mind telling me which game you tried to boot? And whether it was PAL or NTSC? Does the game boot when trying the original nintendont? If yes, how is mmod configured (which boot theme is used, which nintendont settings do you use)?
Because I just tried and on my console, injected games boot flawlessly.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, would you mind telling me which game you tried to boot? And whether it was PAL or NTSC? Does the game boot when trying the original nintendont? If yes, how is mmod configured (which boot theme is used, which nintendont settings do you use)?
Because I just tried and on my console, injected games boot flawlessly.

I tried many games, and it was the same result (Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Luigi's Mansion, Double Dash, Kirby Air Ride, etc.), all NTSC. Those same games would boot up fine when I launched directly into Nintendont, but when launched as individual VC channels they would all hang in the Nintendont screen. Fortunately I was able to locate your previous version of MMMod on my computer, I put that back on my Wii U, and now those individual Gamecube VC channels all boot without issue. Using the same theme I had before as well. So I'm definitely inclined to say that is has something to do with the latest version of Nintendont/MMMod. The settings were the same as what I have now, so I'm really not sure what was going wrong.

I'll try updating again and seeing if that'll help, maybe it was an odd setting that I didn't realize I had on or something, though it still makes little sense as to why they would boot when I go directly into the Nintendont loader and hang when launched individually with all the same settings.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
I tried many games, and it was the same result (Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Luigi's Mansion, Double Dash, Kirby Air Ride, etc.), all NTSC. Those same games would boot up fine when I launched directly into Nintendont, but when launched as individual VC channels they would all hang in the Nintendont screen. Fortunately I was able to locate your previous version of MMMod on my computer, I put that back on my Wii U, and now those individual Gamecube VC channels all boot without issue. Using the same theme I had before as well. So I'm definitely inclined to say that is has something to do with the latest version of Nintendont/MMMod. The settings were the same as what I have now, so I'm really not sure what was going wrong.

I'll try updating again and seeing if that'll help, maybe it was an odd setting that I didn't realize I had on or something, though it still makes little sense as to why they would boot when I go directly into the Nintendont loader and hang when launched individually with all the same settings.
Ok thanks for your answer. I guess I’ll inject an ntsc game tomorrow and see if I can reproduce the issue...

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany

Ok so I just injected the NTSC version of Melee I own and also this version works without problems even with existing IPL. Do your games boot when using the official nintendont?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just injected the NTSC version of Melee I own and also this version works without problems even with existing IPL. Do your games boot when using the official nintendont?
Games work fine on Nintendont as well as earlier MMMod builds. I reupdated to your latest version of MMMod and now that too works without issue. So I dunno what the problem was, but it seems to have fixed itself.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Games work fine on Nintendont as well as earlier MMMod builds. I reupdated to your latest version of MMMod and now that too works without issue. So I dunno what the problem was, but it seems to have fixed itself.
Hmm sounds like the boot.dol got corrupted somehow... anyways great to hear that everything is working again!

matomato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And again, there's a new version of MMMod:

• Added Theme Previews (like MasterMods), so you know what you're downloading. If you ever downloaded the Preview Pack in Mastermod, it's working without any problems in MMMod. Just enable the Preview in Theme Menu. If you haven't downloaded it before: No problem - you can (re)download it in the Theme Menu
  • Fixed wrong text color if no loader theme got applied.
  • Themes are now shown before every game boot. If you want your black screen back, just select the option in Theme Menu.
I hope I didn't forget anything. Have fun with this build :)

Hi, Send0r,
how can I access to the configuration menu on last release v5.489? I have only Setting for games and not for the Loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to