Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
This doesn't always fix it. As Howard said the device just isn't giving any response (for unknown reasons)

I get the checking fs error occasionally (around 1 in every 10 boots).
Guys, why go the hard road? I simply use this software instead to format my hard drive to fat32 32 cluster, it never caused me troubles, it's free and easy to use and is dedicated for Wii (though I also use it with my PS3 anyway) I highly recommend it as it doesn't require any installation, simply download, unzip, use.

On a different note, since I seen people complain before about the reset combo being difficult do with certain controllers (namely the Wii remote and nunchuck) I was wondering would it be possible to add like a home screen like in emulators and other homebrew software? like if you hit the "home" button on the remote the game pauses and you get a screen where you have a few options like "reset game", "back to loader", maybe even an option to "switch keys" for those who like to switch A-B with B-A... etc, the only downside for this from what I can tell is the lack of a home button on a Gamecube Controller or other HID controllers but the majority seem to use official Nintendo controllers (I think), it's just an idea that crossed my mind so please don't shoot me for it :(

Pearlized Pistol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest "build" (not latest release available in the internal updater menu) is r1233.
r1231 doesn't work with nintendont r200+

The latest build can be found in my signature, in my blog, on googlecode home page, or here (yes, that link is also on the official thread).

OK, so I updated USB Loader GX and now cheats work, but now my saves don't load.

The game doesn't ask if I want to "continue without saving" or that my "memory card is missing". I just notifies me about the autosave feature (as if it loaded my save), but my unlocked levels aren't there when I boot from GX :/ They are there when I boot from the forwarder or HBC though :(

EDIT: Nevermind; Turns out you have to switch memory card in GX from "ON" to "Individual"

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The launch directory. Are you using the Wii remote?
yes old wiimote (no motion plus) I have a few seconds to press the combo when the loading starts
launching using wiiflow, the nintendont dol is \apps\nintendont\boot.dol
I didn't check wiiflow apps folder but I'll check it tonight when I get home

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
yes old wiimote (no motion plus) I have a few seconds to press the combo when the loading starts
launching using wiiflow, the nintendont dol is \apps\nintendont\boot.dol
I didn't check wiiflow apps folder but I'll check it tonight when I get home
See if it works from the games list. Even though you can't see the text, it will at least let you know if it's working properly.

Also, the timeout isn't possible, at least not using the method I had planned. I didn't realize at what point the kernel stopped responding. Unless someone wants to send me a drive that doesn't work with Nintendont (I could reimburse you if it's a cheap flash drive or SD card), chances of me ever fixing the problem are very very low.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever had this "Checking FS..." problem with an SD card or flash drive? A drive that doesn't work would help me solve it, and that would be easy enough to ship to me.
Their appears to be at least 6 seperate checking fs hanging errors.
--Wrong selection usb/sd
--Drive plugged in to the wrong usb port.
--Drive formatted wrong.
--Drive isnt getting enough power and needs a Y cable (wonder if this could cause the intermitant errors)
--Drive gives the error intermitantly
--Drive gives the error every time and none of the above are the cause.
Assuming your not looking for a user correctable error are you looking for a drive that fails intermitantly or constantly?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i remember correctly "checking fs" could also occur if the hdd is underpowered (for example an usb powered hdd using the Y cable with the wrong usb ports)... Correct me if i am wrong.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Their appears to be at least 5 seperate checking fs hanging errors.
--Wrong selection usb/sd
--Drive plugged in to the wrong usb port.
--Drive formatted wrong.
--Drive gives the error intermitantly
--Drive gives the error every time and none of the above are the cause.
Assuming your not looking for a user correctable error are you looking for a drive that fails intermitantly or constantly?
I was looking for a drive that hangs every time.

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Loading progress bar in action:

I like the progress bar. I would also add below what it's doing (Checking FS... Init DI... etc, on the same "line"), so if a problem happens, the user knows what it is.

I tried to do that, but the text overlaps each other. JoostinOnline ¿Is there a way to "erase" the previous printed message before printing the next one?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the progress bar. I would also add below what it's doing (Checking FS... Init DI... etc, on the same "line"), so if a problem happens, the user knows what it is.

I tried to do that, but the text overlaps each other. JoostinOnline ¿Is there a way to "erase" the previous printed message before printing the next one?
It does that every time GRRLIB_Render is called. I'll test it out later. I never took a screenshot during the loading screen, just the game and options menu.

Edit: I misunderstood. You'd have to do some major rewriting to get it to only show one message.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

if you want to know what's going on just use the regular dol, this mod is meant to be used with usb loaders to hide the verbose loading info.
It's only recommended for users with an already working setup that are not planning to launch nintendont via HBC

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if you want to know what's going on just use the regular dol, this mod is meant to be used with usb loaders to hide the verbose loading info.
Yes, I'm using the regular dol. Just wanted to make a mod so you can have a nice background and the verbose loading info is displayed on a single line below. Similar to the loading screen of USB Loader GX.
So far, I changed the font color to White (due to the black background) and put all the text on a single line, but... it overlaps :P I've never used GRRLIB before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, why is wish.com still alive?