Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just play the NTSC versions? That's what I do. It's usually the same game anyway (except for LM and some other minor exceptions.)

Sometimes NTSC games don't always work on a PAL Wii/Wii U. Especially if the person doesn't have an HDTV and is using a TV that can only accept 50Hz input.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why not just play the NTSC versions? That's what I do. It's usually the same game anyway (except for LM and some other minor exceptions.)

Because the saves are not compatible. I have spent hundreds of hours for some PAL games and it is really unpleasant to have to restart these games from the beginning...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
How is it confusing turn off MC emu, Multi meaning one memory card for multiple games or individual for one card per game
Because when you have "off" and no "on" it can be confusing, not many people use Nintendont loader so you can't expect everyone to get that.

Because the saves are not compatible. I have spent hundreds of hours for some PAL games and it is really unpleasant to have to restart these games from the beginning...
Actually there's a program that can convert saves from PAL to NTSC to Japan NTSC, though it's not always reliable, I failed to successfully convert two PAL games to NTSC but it worked with everything else I threw on it so I'd say it's a 50/50 chance.

Edit: forgot to post the link https://gbatemp.net/threads/converting-e-gamecube-memory-card-files-to-u.212476/

Sorry to ask, probably the answer is somewhere in one of these 926 pages :P, but is PSO working with emu memory card?
Yes, works with both EmuMC and real MC, I use EmuMC with this game now because it takes a lot of space and needs 3 saves (which in EmuMC will be one file, just so you don't be confused).

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes, works with both EmuMC and real MC, I use EmuMC with this game now because it takes a lot of space and needs 3 saves (which in EmuMC will be one file, just so you don't be confused).
It goes black screen after check the date/time...
What MC are you using? I'm using a 16mb one, not sure but it could be the problem.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It goes black screen after check the date/time...
What MC are you using? I'm using a 16mb one, not sure but it could be the problem.
Actually the problem isn't the 16MB MCEmu (though I too recommend switching to 8MB) but it's your selection, when the game starts you HAVE to select "Agree" or else the game gets stuck, then you HAVE to select a date, don't use the default one or also the game will get stuck, and finally when the file is created you HAVE to select "Offline Mode" because as far as I know Online Mode doesn't work!

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Actually the problem isn't the 16MB MCEmu (though I too recommend switching to 8MB) but it's your selection, when the game starts you HAVE to select "Agree" or else the game gets stuck, then you HAVE to select a date, don't use the default one or also the game will get stuck, and finally when the file is created you HAVE to select "Offline Mode" because as far as I know Online Mode doesn't work!

Indeed, tried with various sizes and no one worked, then I got stuck because the date.
Another thing, I was using a fresh created MC and it always ask to be formatted, I will use a new MC aside my real MC backup, because this game in particular insist in format everything =P

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed, tried with various sizes and no one worked, then I got stuck because the date.
Another thing, I was using a fresh created MC and it always ask to be formatted, I will use a new MC aside my real MC backup, because this game in particular insist in format everything =P

Click on "no" on that screen.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for your help guys, now it works!
Another question, I have this PSO save in a new memcard.raw, how can transfer this saves to my 'real' memcard.raw?
Probably will ask for format again, but I wish give ita shot.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A little report.
I've been heavily testing all my games.

I can confirm that Resident Evil Zero freezes in disc 2 as soon as you use the Dial on the door that needs it.
I went all the way up to that point with no stop in between, one single run, no issues AT ALL until that point.
If anyone can edit the compatibility list, mark it as RED because this breaks the game and makes it uncompletable.

So far this has been the only issue I've ran so far with Nintendont.
I will go on with REmake and test it for the random freezes.

Reactions: darkseekerliu

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
What revision of Nintendont are you using? This issue was fixed a few revisions back actually, assuming you're using a first party MC like I do.

If it's not off, then it must be on.
Well it's up to Cyan.

A little report.
I've been heavily testing all my games.

I can confirm that Resident Evil Zero freezes in disc 2 as soon as you use the Dial on the door that needs it.
I went all the way up to that point with no stop in between, one single run, no issues AT ALL until that point.
If anyone can edit the compatibility list, mark it as RED because this breaks the game and makes it uncompletable.

So far this has been the only issue I've ran so far with Nintendont.
I will go on with REmake and test it for the random freezes.
Did you test Sonic Riders, does it also freeze for you after the third race or no? I was thinking to try to make a clean rip for this game because I forgot if my copy is clean or compressed, I made the rip long time ago way back when Dios Mios started (I used to use NeoGamma for this, good times lol) I remember reading that a clean rip of this game got it running so I wanna see if I can test this sometime.

btw Resident Evil Zero has a Wii port and runs fine, though I guess it's up to Fix to decide if it deserves to be looked at or if it's "stupid" to be reported, anyway I just put my mind in ease and got the Wii version long time ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on having to wash them. :D