NitroSwan - A WonderSwan emulator for NDS

cubaliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey bro I'm the one that say can map 2nd dpad to the y x R L buttons thanks for listening to an suggestion sry for making u do dis 😔
It’ll be cool if the 2nd dpad could be mapped as games like Gunpey require for 2nd dpad buttons. Hope this wonderful emu on ds will be even perfect.

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
It’ll be cool if the 2nd dpad could be mapped as games like Gunpey require for 2nd dpad buttons. Hope this wonderful emu on ds will be even perfect.
Yeah for its pocket fighters special moves need the second dpad and wish he add 2nd slot support for D's lite so like the ram expansion or any cart have ram be used for more game like guilty gear petite 2 or any game has 4mb more be played on the Ds lite and phat

FluBBa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure I understand? In vertical games the NDS dpad is mapped to WS Y1-Y4 & NDS A,B,X,Y is mapped to WS X1-X4, does Gunpey use any other buttons or do you want them mapped in another way?

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
I'm not sure I understand? In vertical games the NDS dpad is mapped to WS Y1-Y4 & NDS A,B,X,Y is mapped to WS X1-X4, does Gunpey use any other buttons or do you want them mapped in another way?
I was talking about land scape game to mapped was y1-y4 at y x r L buttons for land scape games

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how many games are in English or have English patches?
All the following have English patches.

Screenshot_20230425_012251_Samsung Internet.jpg

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Cool I have been looking for a version in English of the first Chocobo Dungeon in ages. Granted this isn't the PS1 one but still great.

bakuDD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bugs I found, in Final Fantasy IV when you reach the prelude with the FF theme music, the scrolling text is glitched, it scrolls upwards off the screen and then wraps around to the bottom of the screen and keeps scrolling when it's not supposed to.
In Makaimura the intro when you start a new game, the demons scrolling in from the left side of the screen briefly appear on the right side and they wrap around.
And in Romancing Saga some of the character sprites cover the dialogue text on screen.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Any chance you will do a 3ds emulator so all Wonderswan games can be played?

Final Fantasy IV

The GBA has basically the Wonderswan Color version with a few improvements and lacks the crap changes of the DS version. Only real reason to play the Wonderswan Color version is if you dislike the GBA translation.

Last edited by raxadian,
  • Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

bakuDD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are better ports, the point of reporting bugs is that bringing attention to it and fixing it can help fix problems in other games as well.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know there are better ports, the point of reporting bugs is that bringing attention to it and fixing it can help fix problems in other games as well.
Yeah, it's obvious the emulator still hasn't reached its peak yet. Flubba usually abandons them after a while, but I'm surprised NitroSwan lasted this long

FluBBa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
Here is V0.6.0
  • Added per line emulation of Display Control register.
  • Added per line emulation of FG Window register.
  • Added per line emulation of Map Address register.
  • Added differences for the 2 cart mappers.
  • Optimized tile map rendering.
  • Optimized cpu core.
This means a lot of graphical glitches are now gone, still missing Sprite Window emulation, this might be fixable to some degree though. Also palette changes mid screen are still not supported. See readme for more specifics about which games I know still have glitches. I'd like reports of games with glitches how ever small just to document them.

https://github.com/FluBBaOfWard/NitroSwan/releases/tag/v0.6.0

FluBBa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
Hey! I've been fixing with slot-2 ram cards and frame-skip for 3DS now.
V0.6.2 is here.
  • Added SLOT-2 RAM support.
  • Added IPS patch functionality.
  • Added power on/off ability.
  • Fixed correct frame-rate without "Allow Refresh Change".
  • Fixed sound mixing.
  • Optimized mapper writing.
There are a few caveats to using SLOT-2 RAM cards since you can't write bytes, only words.
This means that zip files are a no-go, same with IPS patches.
Also the sound should be slightly better, fixed the order of the 2 samples in a byte.
Frame-rate/skip should be better on 3DS as well, not fantastic but maybe that is how DS is on 3DS...

https://github.com/FluBBaOfWard/NitroSwan/releases/tag/v0.6.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty +2