Hacking No 5.5.X kexploit release in near future.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Like I've been saying for a while, everyone's moved onto IOSU, PPC kernel is obsolete which is why we only have one, along with academics getting in the way, unless you get someone who doesn't care about IOSU looking you're not gonna get any more

that makes sense .. so my assumption on your words is that the work being done in MN1's circles on the IOSU are not enough to be confident of success. Or kernel exploit would have been released as it was of no longer any use..

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I've been saying for a while, everyone's moved onto IOSU, PPC kernel is obsolete which is why we only have one, along with academics getting in the way, unless you get someone who doesn't care about IOSU looking you're not gonna get any more
This is why it should just be released. So what if it gets patched in the next update? Unless Nintendo starts manufacturing Wii U's with 5.6.0/5.5.2, I don't think it really matter. Just don't update.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that makes sense .. so my assumption on your words is that the work being done in MN1's circles on the IOSU are not enough to be confident of success. Or kernel exploit would have been released as it was of no longer any use..
I have no idea what's in MN1's head, my guess is still that full control of the Espresso makes it slightly easier to debug IOSU calls, and also just cause he doesn't want to

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
This is why it should just be released. So what if it gets patched in the next update? Unless Nintendo starts manufacturing Wii U's with 5.6.0/5.5.2, I don't think it really matter. Just don't update.
they plan on selling <800,000 before closing doors on wii u. They prolly have this many on store shelves.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I have no idea what's in MN1's head, my guess is still that full control of the Espresso makes it slightly easier to debug IOSU calls, and also just cause he doesn't want to

dont get me wrong , im not knocking anyones reasons im trying to take a some what philosophical view and properly understand what the thinking is, cause from where i sit it doesnt make much sense... and i guess from most others... it comes accross as arrogant without proper reasoning ..

Reactions: Masterwin

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone who is complaining/begging stopped to think since spinlock was patched that the kernel exploit he developed is what he's using to create a iosu exploit ? They would patch it as soon as it's in the wild. He is the only public figure we know creating one right now.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Elliot99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@NWPlayer123 @Mathew_Wi @MrRean @Marionumber1 i think Nintendo all he wants now is to sell the Wii U that are still in stock before NX output probably will not be any update or had gone with Star Fox, the xploit should be released not everyone can buy another Wii U with lower firmware 5.5 .x, and good if the xploit is released at this moment they can continue working in the IOSU with more calm and not being attacked with shit all the time :)

Last edited by Elliot99,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is laughing really hard at us right now.
They will never release a new update because they know if they patch it, the kernel exploit will be released.

Just 2018 and we know for sure, every exploit can safely come out as the Wii U discontinues by then.

Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem? At the beginning of all this people started talking about having a IOSU or knowing some one who has it. People love to talk, I just wish some times people don't talk about there projects until its ready. This has turned into a "fuck the wii u devs community" as far as I'm concerned.

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, it's not like I didn't saw this coming but hey, let's not lose hope !

We can at least see that work is being done and that people are trying to finish something great (again, thanks @NWPlayer123 for your frequent updates on the situation, I really think it allows at least some of us to have a better understanding and it feels nice not being left in the dark)

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel violated for being quoted in the OP. I don't like the negativity so much of this scene has. Yes, we don't have the exploit publicly available, but guess what?! You still are in possession of a great console! We'll get the exploit when the tiem is right, just patiently wait for Hylia's sake :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All that she wants, is another storefront.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The homeless live in the compactors at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, new south park releases at midnight sadly no leaks yet damn companies are learning
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, new south park releases at midnight sadly no leaks yet damn companies are learning