Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Raj codes a lot of excellent open source tools for the scene and you brain geniuses attacking him are going to regret it when he decides to move on and put his efforts into something else.

..is that really your takeaway?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Raj codes a lot of excellent open source tools for the scene and you brain geniuses attacking him are going to regret it when he decides to move on and put his efforts into something else.
I can't think of a single thing he's done that wasn't common sense, or was done five minutes before he "released" it.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
While completely ignoring the elephant in the room, the SwitchMe module. Classy.
I've ask him about that.. still waiting on reply

I'm not Raj, if I was I'm pretty sure I would do a better job at trying to appear less biased. Also, if I was, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have argued with myself about the necessity of XCI support .

Why you aren't blaming the hardware hack that Evil tested and developed on his own Switch as opposed to the CFW pack that shares 99.9% of the same code with every other CFW in use is beyond me.

EDIT: I would like to formally apologize for my previous incindiary posts, they were non-constructive and only served to galvanized the Cult-of-Rei. My bad. I genuinely hope Evil's issue is determined, and I wish Raj was here now to help shed some light on the situation.
>Cult-of-Rei
Thats something Raj would say...
Anyways I'm ruling things out still, in an unbiased manner.

Reactions: DarthDub

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see the shitposting task force is at it again.
There's no way that this package can brick your switch, especially in it's current state. As you can see all the changes I've made to well-known repositories, if there was one that could lead to such a brick, someone would have pointed it out to me.
It's more likely that their hardware modifications are the cause, especially since just leftover flux on the board (from trinket-m0 installation) can do this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/465879390111399939/470993090136768513/IMG_20180723_173759.jpg
And @blahblah, please stop being fake-concerned about "missing" source code, it's not my fault you are somehow unable to see URLs in the OP.

Last edited by rajkosto,

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
I will tell you all point blank its rajnx fw, use this and expect a FULL brick that cant be recovered PERIOD!
I have been using tumGER for weeks, as well as reinx with our SwitchME chip with ZERO issues what so ever, not even the slightest hiccup.
Last night I decide I will try rajnx because why not? I like to check everyone's cfw to see if they have any benifits over others or some new patches, also to see if they will brick a system (I was not prepared for it to brick this bad).
So I made a full nand backup last night along with boot 0/1 just in case.
After testing rajnx it seemed like it was OK. I went on to test tinfoil and install a few games of mine I made backups of.
Games installed as they should, played some Mario Odysseus for a bit to test and moved on to zelda, everything was cool. Mind you console is in the OFFICIAL dock the entire time. Fast forward to today, threw on some octopath, console was docked in the OFFICIAL dock, after 1 maybe 2 mins in octopath console fully shuts off without warning, black screen wont turn on when I press power. Remove from dock, console wont power on. Try rcm and see if SwitchME will launch the payload (NOPE) gets me thinking there is no power from the battery because switchME needs to be powered from the battery when not docked. Plug it into my mac with a usb C (that works with the switch not some pos) throw the console into rcm launch a payload and poof hekate loads. Now I do the motions of checking the battery, nand, keys blah blah blah.
Keys all look good, battry is pretty much FUCT as its showing 0+ mA on the right side for charging.
Flash boot 0/1 and reboot again with the console plugged into the mac. shows nintendo logo for a .5 sec and shits itself.
back to rcm mode again this time to flash the full nand. NOPE that wont work because it cant draw enough power so it shits the bed again.
Thankfully I have the SwithcME installed so I pop the console back in the dock, OH would you look at the SwitchME loads instantly even further telling me this cfw totally fuct the battery/controller along with who knows wtf else at this point.
Proceed to fully flash my nand backup (takes forever but I'm hopeful) I figured after the flash it "should" fix the issue for the boot loop.
...NOPE

So now I start testing the voltage behind the battery. I'm only getting .5v so that's an issue...
But docked this still shouldn't be the case as it has enough power to flash the nand when using hekate but could not when using ucb to pc.

So this is my only warning to anyone who uses cfw, maybe raj sould test the hell out of his cfw before releasing anything onto the public.
I mean bro test, test, and TEST more until you know its not going to fuck someones system!
Take a page from our book developing rebug, we never released anything without testing it on our on systems hundreds if not thousands of times before we released anything so it was BUG free.

At this point you are the new waninkoko but for the nintendo scene :P

Anyway I'm off to the store to go waste another $350 thanx home boi

Last edited by evilsperm,

Genwald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish this didn't have to be about teams and winning. I think its quite unlikely that raj's changes led to a brick, meteos said earlier that the patches produce the same output as reiNX's and the rest of raj's changes are in the op. If one of these developers shitposting in this thread really wanted to ruin raj, point out commit that caused evilsperm's brick. Otherwise consider that it might have been caused by something else.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I must have missed your release. What was it again?
low effort
there are better ways to argue this point
Really. I get people all the time who say "i don't want to use reinx, what else is there to use"
of course i'm going to recommend this, it's the second-best option! or at least, it was before this shit

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calling us a cult is pretty incendiary, dude
i mean, i've spent half this thread telling people to use the damn thing and now it's bricking things
there might be people who i told to use rajnx who fucked their consoles
i... i don't like this at all
Meteos, you're one of the good guys who genuinely seems concerned with the issues people are experiencing. The cultists are the one who are seemingly delighting from this situation and using it as an "I told you so" moment.

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@evilsperm sounds more like a hardware short circuit than a software-caused issue.
what have you been doing while using @tomGER pack ? Have you actually been playing games on it ? Have you played games on stock for extended periods of time ?
Also Correlation != Causation, especially with a sample size of one.

Last edited by rajkosto,

palantine

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@evilsperm sounds more like a hardware short circuit than a software-caused issue.
what have you been doing while using @tomGER pack ? Have you actually been playing games on it ? Have you played games on stock for extended periods of time ?

We all know if it was ReiNX that caused a brick you would be crowing about it. You are a hypocrite. Its not a game, its not a joke. Wise Up.

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country

I agree, hardware engineer here. It seems the SwitchME drained the battery somehow or something happened with the circuit to prevent restore the nand. But of course I don't know exactly how the chip works to tell if that's true, but it very unlikely a CFW be the bad guy here. IMHO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.