Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay it looks like im all done, but the music wont play i tried those steps you suggested expect for visiting the actual Nintendo eshop because my DNS settings are blocking access to it. is there anyway i can download those music files else where or work around ?. If its safe to visit the Nintendo eshop ill do it. Also in my search for the correct freeshop i installed fefosheep on FBItd and i now get it was a prank but just want to confirm it didn't really do anything to my 3ds right ?
Did you try renaming your Nintendo 3DS folder to something like Nintendo 3DS (2) by computer, boot the 3DS with the SD card in place (a new Nintendo 3DS will be made), visit freeShop, and select the Update eShop music option [a restart should occur]?

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try renaming your Nintendo 3DS folder to something like Nintendo 3DS (2) by computer, boot the 3DS with the SD card in place (a new Nintendo 3DS will be made), visit freeShop, and select the Update eShop music option [a restart should occur]?
I dont have free shop or anything when i rename that file it all went away

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have free shop or anything when i rename that file it all went away

Ah, i forgot. You have two options. Either inject FBI in health & safety using GodMode9 to install freeShop on that secondary Nintendo 3DS folder, or run the freeshop .3dsx version using Homebrew Launcher.

For homebrew launcher, you'll need to use Rosalina Menu's HBL injector.
Report back if after running freeShop, the bgm files still don't repopulate. We may resort to other options.

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, i forgot. You have two options. Either inject FBI in health & safety using GodMode9 to install freeShop on that secondary Nintendo 3DS folder, or run the freeshop .3dsx version using Homebrew Launcher.

For homebrew launcher, you'll need to use Rosalina Menu's HBL injector.
Report back if after running freeShop, the bgm files still don't repopulate. We may resort to other options.
cool, is there anyway to find out if this was already done by the previous owner besides selecting all the apps ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool, is there anyway to find out if this was already done by the previous owner besides selecting all the apps ?

You mean like, determining if Hombrew Launcher is already injected in one of the 10-ish system titles? There's a way to remove the Rosalina injection. I think that video tutorial shows you how.

In case not, you do this while at HOME Menu. Press L-shoulder + down d-pad + Select to pull up Rosalina menu. Go to Miscellaneous options... , Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader and Save settings. This will remove HBL injection, then you reinject again with the system title of your choosing as per video instructions.

In case of GodMode9's injection, you just check if Health & Safety has that spinning blue cube if FBI is there.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone help me out, i was trying out the sleep mode download "moon icon" and now the notification on the home menu wont go away it keeps telling me to put the 3ds on sleep mode. I tried uninstalling the cia file but it still pops up
Have you tried deleting the new "gift" icon on the 3DS Home Menu?

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like, determining if Hombrew Launcher is already injected in one of the 10-ish system titles? There's a way to remove the Rosalina injection. I think that video tutorial shows you how.

In case not, you do this while at HOME Menu. Press L-shoulder + down d-pad + Select to pull up Rosalina menu. Go to Miscellaneous options... , Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader and Save settings. This will remove HBL injection, then you reinject again with the system title of your choosing as per video instructions.

In case of GodMode9's injection, you just check if Health & Safety has that spinning blue cube if FBI is there.
I injected it into safe app, and loaded up freeshop but still no music files

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried deleting the new "gift" icon on the 3DS Home Menu?
That worked no more sleep notifications , for some reason it never told me about a new gift being added i found it all the way to the right it was grayed-out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you go to the Other tab and select Update eShop music?
yeah , i went to other updated music and then when it rebooted there were 2 freeshops not sure what that was about

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah , i went to other updated music and then when it rebooted there were 2 freeshops not sure what that was about

It's fine to have both .cia and .3dsx freeshops. It's also okay to have one freeshop injected in Health & Safety through GodMode9 and another with its standalone CIA. Now, if you have two freeshops on HOME Menu, that's NOT cool. One of them is the odd one out.

You didn't happen to install any other freeshop .cia except for the v.4.1.3 listed here?

Go to FBI and look under Titles. Find the one that has the Title ID of 000400000F12EE00. This is the one you want to keep and it should be listed with it's named highlighted green. If you see one listed in red, leave that one alone too as that's GodMode9 injected. If you see another freeShop that does not have that Title ID, use Delete Title and Ticket to remove it.

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine to have both .cia and .3dsx freeshops. It's also okay to have one freeshop injected in Health & Safety through GodMode9 and another with its standalone CIA. Now, if you have two freeshops on HOME Menu, that's NOT cool. One of them is the odd one out.

You didn't happen to install any other freeshop .cia except for the v.4.1.3 listed here?

Go to FBI and look under Titles. Find the one that has the Title ID of 000400000F12EE00. This is the one you want to keep and it should be listed with it's named highlighted green. If you see one listed in red, leave that one alone too as that's GodMode9 injected. If you see another freeShop that does not have that Title ID, use Delete Title and Ticket to remove it.
im still running the Nintdeo3ds (2) folder so everything is red when i go to FBI but it's fixed, when i downloaded Freeshop 3dsx and opened it up it just made another .3dsx freeshop file for some reason but all good now but still no music. should i boot up normally and see if theres an extra one there ? I saw red, green and dark blue files ( not sure what the dark blue means but fefosheep is dark blue)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im still running the Nintdeo3ds (2) folder so everything is red when i go to FBI but it's fixed, when i downloaded Freeshop 3dsx and opened it up it just made another .3dsx freeshop file for some reason but all good now but still no music. should i boot up normally and see if theres an extra one there ? I saw red, green and dark blue files ( not sure what the dark blue means but fefosheep is dark blue)

What the hell is fefosheep?! Dark blue or (rather purple) indicates that title is a DSiWare title. Please go in the FBI Title, open up Rosalina Menu, and Take screenshot (slow!). Your screenshot should be located at the luma/screenshots folder. Something does not add up as it shouldn't be this problematic uninstalling and reinstalling freeShop. You can upload images at https://imgbb.com/, but may need to convert your images to png or jpeg first.

Also, share your the .cia copy of the freeshop you installed. You did use the one provided in that link at https://notabug.org/evi/freeShop/releases?

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is fefosheep?! Dark blue or (rather purple) indicates that title is a DSiWare title. Please go in the FBI Title, open up Rosalina Menu, and Take screenshot (slow!). Your screenshot should be located at the luma/screenshots folder. Something does not add up as it shouldn't be this problematic uninstalling and reinstalling freeShop. You can upload images at https://imgbb.com/, but may need to convert your images to png or jpeg first.

Also, share your the .cia copy of the freeshop you installed. You did use the one provided in that link at https://notabug.org/evi/freeShop/releases?
i couldn't take a screen shot with Rosalina Menu because every time i hit select the options menu comes on, so i took a photo with my phone. The Fefosheep app scared me , ive had luma 3ds for 2 days now so im new to this i thought i screwed up. anyway i think im calling a quits on this music freeshop thing never would've imagine it was this difficult lol thanks for the help tho

Attachments

• 20180713_015925.jpg
    20180713_015925.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 200
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i couldn't take a screen shot with Rosalina Menu because every time i hit select the options menu comes on, so i took a photo with my phone. The Fefosheep app scared me , ive had luma 3ds for 2 days now so im new to this i thought i screwed up. anyway i think im calling a quits on this music freeshop thing never would've imagine it was this difficult lol thanks for the help tho
Read the explanation about what Fefosheep is from what Dionicio3 wrote above at post #1316. This is new information to me too. You got the wrong version of freeshop installed. Delete that one and try again with the v4.1.3 build provided at that link.

Btw, are you using an old version of FBI? The latest of that is v2.5.0.
* Check the top left corner of FBI for version printout.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the explanation about what Fefosheep is from what Dionicio3 wrote above at post #1316. This is new information to me too. You got the wrong version of freeshop installed. Delete that one and try again with the v4.1.3 build provided at that link.

Btw, are you using an old version of FBI? The latest of that is v2.5.0.
* Check the top left corner of FBI for version printout.
i see freeshop is v4.1.3 and fbi is 2.5.0, maybe i should just enter and exist nintendo eshop if its safe it like the only thing i haven't tried

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see freeshop is v4.1.3 and fbi is 2.5.0, maybe i should just enter and exist nintendo eshop if its safe it like the only thing i haven't tried

You might to try that on the new Nintendo 3DS folder that has nothing on it. Remove all traces of HOME Menu homebrew CIAs and run the .3dsx version of Cthulhu to clear all the cache. Then enter Nintendo eShop and try the Update eShop Music on freeShop.3dsx again.

Reactions: GATWYAY3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1