Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

ElementalBliss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a dumb question but: Are sleep mode downloads still available/safe for firmwares lower than 11.8? Or do they require you to update? That's the only thing I don't quite understand yet.

Probably until whatever "switch" is flipped server-side, technically, they should be okay. But who knows when the change could happen -- so I'd say just stop using sleep downloads from here forward.

mokthraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a sleep mode download in 11.7 before I knew there was an update? Was any indentifying info sent to Nintendo when I attempted? It didn't let me start the download, and told me I needed to update.

mokthraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think so the identifying info can only be sent on 11.8
What's stopping Nintendo from looking at who is sending the correct stuff (that 11.8) is sending, and banning IP's that aren't sending it (since they'd be freeshop users). Also why do you never hear about Nintendo suing pirates like you do with movies and some PC games? I've always wondered that.

Edit: I guess previously they couldn't really tell, since a freeshop download looked identical. But now couldn't they use the info sent (or lack of) to determine who's downloading illegally, and send out those isp notices?

Last edited by mokthraka,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's stopping Nintendo from looking at who is sending the correct stuff (that 11.8) is sending, and banning IP's that aren't sending it (since they'd be freeshop users). Also why do you never hear about Nintendo suing pirates like you do with movies and some PC games? I've always wondered that.

Nintendo does sue. You just never read about it because they don't make a stink unless it's really big catch (which is hardly the case).
As for banning by IP address, there are several problems with this. IP addresses can be dynamic or spoofed with VPN. You can run into legal trouble banning the wrong people when IP addresses change hand, so some companies don't do this if IP address is all they're going by.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4B783D22-10C1-4840-ABB9-75F525F48AC8.jpeg
All of a sudden, I’m getting this. I’ve already deleted that directory and reinstalled, but the problem still persists. I’m still on 11.7. Anyone else get this?

omg how do i put that as a spoiler?

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so the freeshop on my brothers 3ds keeps crashing during startup. already deleted the folder and installed it a few times now, furthest i got was have it tunning once, but when i restarted after entering the qr code for the keys, it crashed again.
maybe an issue with the latest luma update?

edit, yes, exactly like the poster before me.
also on 11.7

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Stopped working for me as well, worked just fine a few hours ago.

Edit: I was wrong, it works again. First time it just closed down, second time it crashed, then it worked on the 3rd time.

Last edited by RookieKid,

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: I guess previously they couldn't really tell, since a freeshop download looked identical. But now couldn't they use the info sent (or lack of) to determine who's downloading illegally, and send out those isp notices?
Well no. they wouldn't be able to do that since if you sleep download on 11.7 it won't let you anyway. however, on both 11.7 and 11.8 "normal" downloading from freeShop won't send a security ticket since that part doesn't use the NIM module. so I guess in this case it doesn't really matter. However, in the future what is stopping Nintendo from enforcing things that completely destroy freeShop and other downloading places like villain3ds?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For whatever reason, while all the recent releases are available and everything, the 1.3 update for Monster Hunter XX is still not available for me. Is it still not up in the current cache or is there something else going on? I'm on 11.7 and it's the last thing I need from FreeShop at this point in time before it gets blocked by Ninty...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason, while all the recent releases are available and everything, the 1.3 update for Monster Hunter XX is still not available for me. Is it still not up in the current cache or is there something else going on? I'm on 11.7 and it's the last thing I need from FreeShop at this point in time before it gets blocked by Ninty...
The 1.3 patch isn't listed on that site with the title keys. If it's not listed there, it's not on FreeShop.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The 1.3 patch isn't listed on that site with the title keys. If it's not listed there, it's not on FreeShop.
Well, it doesn't list the 1.2 update either and it's still available to download, because updates are registered as the first version released, so only the 1.1 patch is listed, but the 1.2 patch is downloaded instead. Only reason the Japanese MHX (not XX) has the 1.2 update listed is because the 1.1 had been taken down temporarily so it needed to be added separately. However, I want the XX update and wondering what's going on because I know some other people have been able to find it through CDN through other means. Also:

The game ID is: 0004000000197100
The patch ID is: 0004000E00197100

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it doesn't list the 1.2 update either and it's still available to download, because updates are registered as the first version released, so only the 1.1 patch is listed, but the 1.2 patch is downloaded instead. Only reason the Japanese MHX (not XX) has the 1.2 update listed is because the 1.1 had been taken down temporarily so it needed to be added separately. However, I want the XX update and wondering what's going on because I know some other people have been able to find it through CDN through other means. Also:

The game ID is: 0004000000197100
The patch ID is: 0004000E00197100
Use CIAngel. You can search via title name, or ID. If you have the patch ID, then you can easily download it through CIAngel. Unless Nintendo changed their CDN requirements.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use CIAngel. You can search via title name, or ID. If you have the patch ID, then you can easily download it through CIAngel. Unless Nintendo changed their CDN requirements.
CIAngel is just as outdated as freeShop and Villain3DS, at least for Minecraft. Don't they all use the same source, unless you manually find and add a different one?

megafunguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if im wrong, but I wonder if this is even a safe thing to use anymore looking at what Nintendo has added to eshop like they did with the Switch. I dont want to risk banning my 3DS yet until we can have a method that is 100% safe

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIAngel is just as outdated as freeShop and Villain3DS, at least for Minecraft. Don't they all use the same source, unless you manually find and add a different one?
CIAngel doesn't require someone to update the cache for something to appear on there. The question wasn't "what is new that I can use?", the question was how to download an update.

The same source? You mean Nintendo's CDN? Then yes. For title keys, they use the same source, sure, but again, CIAngel doesn't rely on cache that needs updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j