Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it there's legitimately no way to ever get freeShop back, is there a better browser for Nintendo 3DS -- the kind that can download files? My computer has a broken screen and using my Kindle will add unnecessary files to the SD card that already has a bajillion VC titles from freeShop.
freeshop was fucked cause ya cant use fake tickets. there is no fix. and no there is no browser that i know of that downloads either.

Reactions: Borjitasstoi
D

Deleted User

so they kill the 3ds but patch stuff eghhhh
They got a business to protect. You wouldn't like it if people were able to easily pirate your game you created. The 3DS has enough hacks to please everyone. If anything, you would leave your 3DS catch dust after years later and move on to the Switch

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Somebody can tell me if am I still in time to download from freeshop? If yes can you guys give me the latest QR code of freeshop? I had two 64gb sd cards full of games but cause sd corrupt I lost everything, and now Nintendo blocked everything.....

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Somebody can tell me if am I still in time to download from freeshop? If yes can you guys give me the latest QR code of freeshop? I had two 64gb sd cards full of games but cause sd corrupt I lost everything, and now Nintendo blocked everything.....
nope your screwed from freeshop. You need to get the games from elsewhere now

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

freeShop and related CDN programs are all dead.

Also, in your thread here:
You should not use the two SD cards again until you:
  1. Copy everything off them.
  2. Reformat as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with guiformat.
  3. While it's empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test in H2testw. Check that they're not fake.
  4. If they pass, delete the *.h2w files. Copy everything back over.
Just git the new update for freeshop, i know many games can't be downloaded, but some can, why kill the app?
Everything's blocked. Even updates and demos.

Edit - @aos10, you ever get your driver's license yet?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
freeShop and related CDN programs are all dead.

Also, in your thread here:
You should not use the two SD cards again until you:
  1. Copy everything off them.
  2. Reformat as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with guiformat.
  3. While it's empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test in H2testw. Check that they're not fake.
  4. If they pass, delete the *.h2w files. Copy everything back over.

Everything's blocked. Even updates and demos.

Edit - @aos10, you ever get your driver's license yet?

I did a mess and delete everything, I am building the sd from the beginning taking games else where. Is online play and games updates still ok to do? I have wario ware gold that have an update, don't know if can couse some trouble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a mess and delete everything, I am building the sd from the beginning taking games else where. Is online play and games updates still ok to do? I have wario ware gold that have an update, don't know if can couse some trouble

• You can still play games online on firmware 11.8 without issue.
  • Updates are free to download in the Nintendo eShop only for whichever region your 3DS is in. So if your have EUR 3DS, your USA/JPN/etc games can't be updated this way.
  • However, if you have a NNID linked to your 3DS, it's not advised you visit eShop as this can delete your installed DLCs. If you don't have a linked NNID, this isn't an issue.
  • You can find updates in *.cia format at that iso site, and install them with FBI. Look for the one who has a blue flame, white dog Yo-kai with the green satchel. Read post #41 and downwards regarding this mysterious site here.

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • You can still play games online on firmware 11.8 without issue.
  • Updates are free to download in the Nintendo eShop only for whichever region your 3DS is in. So if your have EUR 3DS, your USA/JPN/etc games can't be updated this way.
  • However, if you have a NNID linked to your 3DS, it's not advised you visit eShop as this can delete your installed DLCs. If you don't have a linked NNID, this isn't an issue.
  • You can find updates in *.cia format at that iso site, and install them with FBI. Look for the one who has a blue flame, white dog Yo-kai with the green satchel. Read post #41 and downwards regarding this mysterious site here.

My 3ds is on 11.7 with luma 9.1, is everythink ok anyway?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is on 11.7 with luma 9.1, is everythink ok anyway?

If your custom firmware is up to date with Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both your (1) SD card and (2) CTRNAND, you're good to update to the latest firmware. *
* There's a "failed to apply (1) firm patch(es)" boot issue if you have Luma3DS v9.0 or older. This is fixable if you've already updated.

You'll also do this on CTRNAND so you can boot the 3DS CFW without an SD card.

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If your custom firmware is up to date with Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both your (1) SD card and (2) CTRNAND, you're good to update to the latest firmware. *
* There's a "failed to apply (1) firm patch(es)" boot issue if you have Luma3DS v9.0 or older. This is fixable if you've already updated.

I mean, I don't care to move on 11.8, and asking you if online features (updates and online play) works well on 11.7

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
They got a business to protect. You wouldn't like it if people were able to easily pirate your game you created. The 3DS has enough hacks to please everyone. If anything, you would leave your 3DS catch dust after years later and move on to the Switch
what do you mean?

Last edited by Borjitasstoi,

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is there a way I can check if bootstrap and godmode are up to date on my system?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I can check if bootstrap and godmode are up to date on my system?
When in doubt, go through the motion of updating it all.

The totally-not-freeShop guide in updating your custom firmware. *
* For boot9strap users.

1. Replace the boot.firm (Luma3DS v9.1) on the root of your SD card.
  2. Place the boot9strap folder on the root of your SD card. The folder will contain boot9strap.firm and boot9strap.firm.sha files.
  3. Replace the GodMode9.firm (v1.7.1) in the luma/payloads folder.
  4. Replace the gm9/scripts folder that contains the GM9Megascript.gm9 and NANDManager.gm9 scripts.
  5. Add the SafeB9SInstaller.firm (v0.0.7) in the luma/payloads folder.
Congratulations, you've now updated your custom firmware on your SD card, but you're not done yet.

6. Reinsert your SD card back into your 3DS. Turn on the 3DS and hold the (Start) button. Launch SafeB9SInstaller.
7. You'll be greeted with a [left, down, right, up, A] combo. If you were successful, you should get a "SigHaxed FIRM install success!"​

Pat yourself on the back, your boot9strap is now up to date. If you want something better than boot9strap which you can change later, try fastboot3ds.

8. Delete the boot9strap folder and the SafeB9SInstaller.firm on the SD card. Check the luma/screenshots folder and remove any *.bmp pictures you have. Also delete the luma/dumps that contains your crash logs. If you use game patching mods, temporarily relocate the titles subfolder out the luma folder.
  • This step is recommended in having a less clustered CTRNAND setup.
9. Restart your 3DS and hold (Start) to go into GodMode9.
10. Press (HOME) > Scripts... > GM9Megascript > Scripts from Phailect's Guide > Setup Luma3DS to CTRNAND > bunch of combo presses.
11. To verify that your CTRNAND is updated, turn off your 3DS, remove your SD card, and hold (Select) when turning on your 3DS.​

If you were greeted with Luma3DS v9.1 configuration in the top screen, your custom firmware is now on the latest and greatest. You can now go figure out how to mess with fastboot3DS if you feel like it.

Use these settings in the picture below if you're not sure what to select.

luma_config.png

Because this is the freeShop thread, and this post has to maintain some relevancy.

12. Delete the 3ds/freeshop folder to uninstall the *.3dsx version of freeShop. If you used the *.cia version, open FBI. Go to Titles > freeShop > Delete Title And Ticket.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
okay there is my problem
actually i installed mario luigi dream team i downloaded his patch 1.1 but fbi doesnt have option for inject in the game i dont have any problem in enter in the game but some games forces you put the update or you cant play the game
exists threads relating with this problem?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay there is my problem
actually i installed mario luigi dream team i downloaded his patch 1.1 but fbi doesnt have option for inject in the game i dont have any problem in enter in the game but some games forces you put the update or you cant play the game
exists threads relating with this problem?
Updates don't get "injected" into the game id its its own title id

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over