Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL this thread again? The era of easy pirating on the 3ds died so long ago lol

It should just be locked lol Its been dead for ages, or atleast it feels like that..

Reactions: Hayato213

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it should be locked, otherwise we'll have plenty of noobs making threads asking about freeshop. 1 thread is better than 50 of the same question

Reactions: Ryccardo

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Tickets on the 3DS are signed by a key that Nintendo only has and is not considered Reverse Engineerable (meaning it's not possible to make your own correctly signed tickets).

if it has a lock, there is always a way to make a key.
how is it that a aes encryption key cannot be broken?
i know about pgp keys etc. but everything can be broken.

i highley doubt this.
is the encrypted data for the game only held on their servers? or does the game have these in them?
if the cdn servers request these 2 new headers to be sent along with the game via asking the NIM inside the 3ds,
could not a program be made to intercept these requests and in real-time decrypt the key then the data, maybe via cloud computing?

maybe its not possible because the servers at nintendo may need to be hacked for that to happen, since its not on the system only side anymore.

maybe its possible, but not viable as its in the 8th year and the console is almost dead.
shoot eshop probably wont be around for much longer..

Last edited by LowEndC,

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
i highley doubt this.
is the encrypted data for the game only held on their servers? or does the game have these in them?
if the cdn servers request these 2 new headers to be sent along with the game via asking the NIM inside the 3ds,
could not a program be made to intercept these requests and in real-time decrypt the key then the data, maybe via cloud computing?

maybe its possible, but not viable as its in the 8th year and the console is almost dead.
shoot eshop probably wont be around for much longer..
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Call me back in ~30 years. That's when computers will have advanced enough to break the length of these encryption keys in a reasonable timeframe.

RN, you'd reach the swallowing of the earth by the sun before you'd be able to break these keys.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Correct, but it's "hard" for the same meaning of "winning the jackpot at the lottery is hard" (you might as well hit it in 1 or 10 tries, but the total number of probabilities is humongous)

What you are describing is (an aberration of) "the old way" - where anyone can download the files since they are encrypted with a key you can't download unless you own a license (server-side) or obtain the key from a 3rd party

The new system requires you to upload a valid license (verified server-side of course) before you can download contents

The most practical way is to setup a ticket exchange, just like a titlekey exchange was set up; but if they cared, it would be easy for them to ban the tickets being shared

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Call me back in ~30 years. That's when computers will have advanced enough to break the length of these encryption keys in a reasonable timeframe.

RN, you'd reach the swallowing of the earth by the sun before you'd be able to break these keys.

there are organizations out there with a cloud computing super computer array.
whether or not it would be worth it to do this task is the main thing.

if the pentagon, or siprnet etc can be hacked, im sure nintendo can be hacked.

Correct, but it's "hard" for the same meaning of "winning the jackpot at the lottery is hard" (you might as well hit it in 1 or 10 tries, but the total number of probabilities is humongous)

What you are describing is (an aberration of) "the old way" - where anyone can download the files since they are encrypted with a key you can't download unless you own a license (server-side) or obtain the key from a 3rd party

The new system requires you to upload a valid license (verified server-side of course) before you can download contents

The most practical way is to setup a ticket exchange, just like a titlekey exchange was set up; but if they cared, it would be easy for them to ban the tickets being shared
im not trying to describe the old way.
i know about the new way, but
couldnt this license be replicated? everything can be replicated.
couldnt nintendos signature be replicated?
are these new encryption keys different for every game?

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are organizations out there with a cloud computing super computer array.
whether or not it would be worth it to do this task is the main thing.

im not trying to describe the old way.
i know about the new way, but
couldnt this license be replicated? everything can be replicated.
Possible =/= probable

Yes, it's possible for the signature, like it's possible the world will end tomorrow, but good fucking luck. It's damn near impossible.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They are - and even if they were equal for everything, the ticket also contains the titleid and other variable data, so the thing to sign would be different anyway

couldnt this license be replicated?
I just proposed exactly a non-bruteforce way of doing that, lol

Either you bruteforce their private key (once for all), or you bruteforce a signature for the ticket (once per ticket) - the difficulties are equal
Or you get someone to do an inside job...
or simply you obtain games from non-Nintendo sources...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish we could crowdfund a space shuttle that launches a satellite hoarding petabytes of data including but not limited to Nintendo eShop stuff, like a digital version of the Alexandria library. It would act as a universal server that beams all your goodies across world, or at least when it orbits overs your neck of the woods. It would be a form of cloud storage, even though 'cloud' wouldn't be appropriate describing its altitude. This wouldn't happen in our lifetime, but I would like to imagine the next great global cataclysm would force humanity to think of ways of preserving human knowledge that would be as-easily accessible to future generations to come (until someone decides to shoot it down with a missile or laserz, pew pew!).

If/when flash memory becomes super cheaper and terabytes would be like us treating megabytes as measly, I suppose one could scatter a bunch of flash memory cards/chips across the world like tossing pennies. Oh look, the entire Nintendo eShop collection all on the tip of your finger.

Better yet, China based companies making high tech, retro simile of the 3DS systems, with a not so shitty c-stick, IPS LCD panels (or whatever insane display they come up with by then), suped up battery, bluetooth (successor), but imagine it being also capable of playing N64, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU, Switch, XBOXXX (lel), PS1/2/3/4/etc. because those would be small peas by whatever tech that's cooked up by then.

Anyway, what does any of those fantasy rants have to do with freeShop of today? Nothing really. What's dead is dead, but the future holds promise for those after us (unless this dank timeline has no happy ending :/ ).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Ryccardo

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
I wish we could crowdfund a space shuttle that launches a satellite hoarding petabytes of data including but not limited to Nintendo eShop stuff, like a digital version of the Alexandria library. It would act as a universal server that beams all your goodies across world, or at least when it orbits overs your neck of the woods. It would be a form of cloud storage, even though 'cloud' wouldn't be appropriate describing its altitude. This wouldn't happen in our lifetime, but I would like to imagine the next great global cataclysm would force humanity to think of ways of preserving human knowledge that would be as-easily accessible to future generations to come (until someone decides to shoot it down with a missile or laserz, pew pew!).

If/when flash memory becomes super cheaper and terabytes would be like us treating megabytes as measly, I suppose one could scatter a bunch of flash memory cards/chips across the world like tossing pennies. Oh look, the entire Nintendo eShop collection all on the tip of your finger.

Better yet, China based companies making high tech, retro simile of the 3DS systems, with a not so shitty c-stick, IPS LCD panels (or whatever insane display they come up with by then), suped up battery, bluetooth (successor), but imagine it being also capable of playing N64, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU, Switch, XBOXXX (lel), PS1/2/3/4/etc. because those would be small peas by whatever tech that's cooked up by then.

Anyway, what does any of those fantasy rants have to do with freeShop of today? Nothing really. What's dead is dead, but the future holds promise for those after us (unless this dank timeline has no happy ending :/ ).

who knew trying to decrypt nintendos 3ds shop license would bring about the end of the world and the beginning of "the singularity".
kek

hmm... quantum micro sdxxxxxxxxxxxxxc cards?

Last edited by LowEndC,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those are hacked through human error, not by breaking their encryption keys. People leave insecure passwords on all the time.

What you're proposing here is something that would equate to sending someone to Nintendo and holding them at gunpoint to give you their private keys.

Ain't happening any time soon, I doubt anyone wants a violent assault lawsuit on their ass just to enable piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.