Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ok, got something: https://pastebin.com/Nzk8Ld8q .

Grep through it to see which titles can be grabbed and which ones are restricted. Obviously, the situation may worsen in the future.
intresting, all first party and most of the big new games like Sushi Striker is restricted.

Last edited by aos10,
Reactions: juniorcba

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got something: https://pastebin.com/Nzk8Ld8q .

Grep through it to see which titles can be grabbed and which ones are restricted. Obviously, the situation may worsen in the future.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Q7FtF4zK5xPprdt3UsxfQkpsmq8NWOKa0CclWd7Y7U/edit?usp=sharing

I pulled the restricted ones and built a list with names and region but i think excel chewed up a handful of title id's i couldn't match up (about 15 or so), but anyone with the link can edit if anyone wants to help with it feel free to contribute anything I missed.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Interesting: requesting certain restricted games elicits a 401 response from CDN, while for others it answers with 403.
The difference typically between 401 and 403 is whether or not the client's identity is known to the server - 401 the client's identity is unknown, 403 the client's identity is known and prohibited from accessing that resource.

Whether Nintendo is actually using these status codes properly is an entirely separate question, however.

Deleted member 425649

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The difference typically between 401 and 403 is whether or not the client's identity is known to the server - 401 the client's identity is unknown, 403 the client's identity is known and prohibited from accessing that resource.

Whether Nintendo is actually using these status codes properly is an entirely separate question, however.

I'll soon publish a database of restricted titleIDs to show the response code near each. Maybe we can figure out something.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone should just host the .cia files on a Swedish server, and allow another freeShop clone to download and install them. Like a remote version of FBI or something. Seems like a much more reliable way to preserve these games anyhow, without Nintendo fuckery (or titlekey sites missing) getting in the way of things.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There should be one thing that the Wii U has, but the 3DS doesn't: A Homebrew App Store!

That should be the one thing that should be hosted. There used to be some apps that were similar, but they closed their doors within a very short time for no reason. I don't see why wiiubru could actually host 3DS Homebrew apps on it, or maybe create something called 3dsbru or something in conjunction with wiiubru.

But as for preservation, there's a possibility that someone could be able to host content on a custom server and have freeShop operate with the custom server instead.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There should be one thing that the Wii U has, but the 3DS doesn't: A Homebrew App Store!

That should be the one thing that should be hosted. There used to be some apps that were similar, but they closed their doors within a very short time for no reason. I don't see why wiiubru could actually host 3DS Homebrew apps on it, or maybe create something called 3dsbru or something in conjunction with wiiubru.

But as for preservation, there's a possibility that someone could be able to host content on a custom server and have freeShop operate with the custom server instead.

There is. It's not as well designed as on the WiiU, but when you run FBI, there's an option called "TitleDB". It lets you browse and install homebrew hosted on https://titledb.com/.

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
can you imagine creating something you can download cias like in freeshop and inject dlcs too?
nah just forget it in my mind sounds better

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so even after the title key site got knocked down, there is still a way to use freeshop? At least for 3rd party stuff?

Milhouse22

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What if I host my repo with cia files, can I generate QR to download them from FBI? will I get banned if I do this? I think I will be flagged when I try to download from CDN, can someone confirm if I can do that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7