Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got Minecraft through freeshop a long time ago, and whenever I update to 11.8, can I still update the game via homemenu? Or is there going to some kind of check stopping me. Sux cuz it seems like Minecraft has a new update every 2 weeks or so lol

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
OK, I got Minecraft through freeshop a long time ago, and whenever I update to 11.8, can I still update the game via homemenu? Or is there going to some kind of check stopping me. Sux cuz it seems like Minecraft has a new update every 2 weeks or so lol
Yes, you can update through eShop.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a use for freeshop btw, before there was this app I used for a rom site on my phone. I used it to see what systems had what games, and what the games were like.

So for freeshop I guess you could use it as a sort of encyclopedia and a way to see what roms could be out there and to see what you might be interested in

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep just to test ^^^ try to download minecraft of freeshop and ARM11 crash

Checked tikSweep and 0 ticks to clean, So it did not even try to install a ticket too.
---
EDIT: TikShop dead too, 0 Tickets and just re-directs to the real Eshop right away.

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: Added info.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
in summary decrypted cias its something dont concerm because its something related with citra
in this point its good moment for update manually FBI because its completely outdated and dont mention install and delete option its the best way
any tips? incognito mode in this point are useless perhaps? worth?

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heh, this is probably the last time you're gonna hear from me for now.

So basically now that freeShop is dead I wanted to make a nice goodbye screen as the last update, and sent that to the staff.
To be honest, I know they won't trust me, so I even included the source code of an application literally showing a text and the freeShop banner. (I know, serious coding skills right there).
Well guess what they did.

Yea, exactly. rejected my idea!
Why?
Because it's not worth it?
Because they're too lazy to push the cia?

NO!

It's just because it comes from me. Ah great I love y'all as well!

But seriously at this stage I expected people at that age (Staff is between 14 - 30) wouldn't act like in Kindergarten.
But then again, this is the freeShop Staff. Note that I don't include trainboy2019, wrathsoffire76 nor Dionicio3 here. I guess Bepis and NightYoshi don't count either

Oof. letting some rage out is always nice.. (Hey Mods if this somehow begins a wall of drama I'm really sorry..)

Conclusion: I really wanted to at least help with SOMETHING.
Oh and didn't the freeShop staff say everyone would be allowed to push to the freeShop project? Why are you refusing to let me do anything then?

Alright, I don't wanna make this even longer soo - I think I'm ready to say I'll follow arc13 and leave this behind me.

Cheers, Adios, Ciao and Tschüss!

Program I was talking about but that you'll never be able to see:

https://notabug.org/Paul_GameDev/freeShop-EOL

with some self-humor:
- Your shit dev Paul

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Some sort of mini Freeshop should still be possible with legit CIAs (don't ask me if you don't know what those are).

However, I don' think anyone is going to bother with only the 20-30ish first party games that entails.

Reactions: ConKonner

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, its a shame that freeshop is dead, but is it possible that the app could be used for somthing else? Like a homebrew repo that would do everything? Like updates for example
It's sounds great. HomeBrew apps and HomeBrew Games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well. FreeShop (CDN) should never exist first place.

Hope someone create a FreeShop (internet) version.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
It's sounds great. HomeBrew apps and HomeBrew Games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well. FreeShop (CDN) should never exist first place.

Hope someone create a FreeShop (internet) version.
An internet version would be highly illegal and would be taken down immediately

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...