Hacking [Noob] Nand Back up ?

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering how i use the NAnd back up i have a R4i 3ds v 3.3b i also have the r4i deluxe gold that i bought by mistake for my 2ds how would i back up my NAND ?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
i was wondering how i use the NAnd back up i have a R4i 3ds v 3.3b i also have the r4i deluxe gold that i bought by mistake for my 2ds how would i back up my NAND ?
You would have to back up your NAND with a hard mod as there is no homebrew possible (yet) on a 2DS. Even then, nobody has documented the pinouts on a 2DS. There really isn't much reason to back up the system at this point anyway.

What firmware is it on? Whatever it may be, keep it there if you want the best chance to run homebrew on it in the future.

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its on 6.0 but i wanted to update it cuz i do have some problems that are fixed thru patching so im debating weather its worth it

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I think someone did recently find the pins and backup a 2ds, in the nand dump thread. Don't know how difficult the hardware mod is.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would still be easier to pickup a 4.x 3ds but if you can solder and want to make a backup of your 6.x NAND before updating here is the pinout http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds-xl.350668/page-78#post-4983864

It's all up to you nobody knows if there will ever be an exploit for 6.x but at least you then have options for the future if you really don't want to buy a 4.x console

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for necro-ing this thread, but I have a relevant question:

I used the latest Gateway launcher to backup my 2DS' 9.2U sysnand. Am I able to do anything with it, besides hold onto it? Is it pointless to keep it? I don't have any kind of 3DS flash cart yet, but I'm both curious and hopeful about getting an emunand working on my 2DS someday.

Deleted member 313057

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
commentblock.com
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for necro-ing this thread, but I have a relevant question:

I used the latest Gateway launcher to backup my 2DS' 9.2U sysnand. Am I able to do anything with it, besides hold onto it? Is it pointless to keep it? I don't have any kind of 3DS flash cart yet, but I'm both curious and hopeful about getting an emunand working on my 2DS someday.

You can do many things with the backup NAND.bin.

1. You can create an EmuNAND partition with it. This is useful if you, for instance, downgrade to 4.5 and want to use EmuNAND with your backup.
2. You can restore your SysNAND using your NAND.bin, by going into the Gateway menu, by holding up when going to the downgrade menu. This is useful when you format your SysNAND, or downgrade / upgrade and want to get it back.

DO NOT delete your NAND.bin. If you completely mess up your console by bricking it, you won't be able to ever get it back to normal, and you might as well throw it away. At least if you have the backup, you'll be able to do a hard-mod and get your stuff back.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You can do many things with the backup NAND.bin.

1. You can create an EmuNAND partition with it. This is useful if you, for instance, downgrade to 4.5 and want to use EmuNAND with your backup.
2. You can restore your SysNAND using your NAND.bin, by going into the Gateway menu, by holding up when going to the downgrade menu. This is useful when you format your SysNAND, or downgrade / upgrade and want to get it back.

DO NOT delete your NAND.bin. If you completely mess up your console by bricking it, you won't be able to ever get it back to normal, and you might as well throw it away. At least if you have the backup, you'll be able to do a hard-mod and get your stuff back.

As already stated, I don't have a 3DS, I have a 2DS. That means no 4.5 downgrade for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F