Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ATRochie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which cios is the gamma cios?

so your saying that if I install the gamma channel, and this cios version then most backup games will work fine??

KillerX121

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys.

Heres my Problem: First i had Firmware 3.3e and this was right so i downgraded to 3.2e and then i go sleep

Now my sister downgrade the 3.2e to 3.2u ...

So i patched up to 3.4u and i want now 3.2e how does this work?

So 3.4u to 3.2e pls help..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ATRochie said:
which cios is the gamma cios?

so your saying that if I install the gamma channel, and this cios version then most backup games will work fine??

The cIOS from the official Gamma release, WiiGator's cIOS36rev7. You can use Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7 too, they should have the same compatibility. Look at my compatibilty guide, i think it's the most recent for Gamma.

richglix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to install, do you definatley have the WAD file it is looking for in the correct place in your SD?

Also - TAKE OUT GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS/MEMORY CARDS

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
KillerX121 said:
Hey Guys.

Heres my Problem: First i had Firmware 3.3e and this was right so i downgraded to 3.2e and then i go sleep

Now my sister downgrade the 3.2e to 3.2u ...

So i patched up to 3.4u and i want now 3.2e how does this work?

So 3.4u to 3.2e pls help..

Any Region Changer...!!!
smile.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
richglix said:
What are you trying to install, do you definatley have the WAD file it is looking for in the correct place in your SD?

Also - TAKE OUT GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS/MEMORY CARDS
Duhh,

Well... a modified banner of HBC with Dutch text
wink.gif

Proably something did go wrong in packing...

anmd3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few questions about this 'mios'
i read that there are 2 versions of mios? wii gator's and waninkoko
which one is better? i also read that wiigators has a different loading screen (even for originals), does waninkoko's have it?
can i install either without wifi? how big is the chance i would brick my wii? how would i uninstall them?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
shinato91 said:
How can I install vc and wiiware games without downgrading my wii?
That's a hard one... I suppose you could use IOS16 and the modified WAD Manager for IOS16, but don't quote me on that.
QUOTE(anmd3 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:58 PM) a few questions about this 'mios'
i read that there are 2 versions of mios? wii gator's and waninkoko
which one is better? i also read that wiigators has a different loading screen (even for originals), does waninkoko's have it?
can i install either without wifi? how big is the chance i would brick my wii? how would i uninstall them?
I don't think one is superiour over the other really... I use Wiigator's at the moment, just because it's really easy to install and it works great.

You can install both via WiFi.

You will not brick your Wii, your only risking damaging GameCube mode (meaning GameCube games wouldn't work anymore), but this is easily repairable. Also, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Uninstalling can be done using the installers, or by just installing the original WAD over them. You can get the WAD with WUFE and an original game containing the WAD file.

Supergluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Well the laser is like a lamp bulb so the life is counted in hours of use, but this lasers will last at least 10+ years, this software shouldn't interfere with your originals, I not trying to say anything but, How well you treat your discs..?? I basically always always always take them by the central hole and the side, if your discs have a minimal scratch, the Disc Channel is very picky and it wont read them if they are dirty, but if now your backups aren't working, then must be the laser, and you clean it you need to open up your Wii, thing that I don't think you're going to do, but believe me I live in the most dustiest place on earth and my Wii has never had this kind of problems, you are not the only one posting this, you may want to upgrade to 3.4 and then use cIOS and IOS Downgraders to go back to 3.2, you can delete the Channel without the 002fix, you don't need it, and if you want to send it back to Ninty, just use the cIOS uninstaller, upgrade to 3.4 and then format, in that precise order....!!!
smile.gif

I always treat my disc the same way, both burned and the official ones. Is maxell a bad DVD-R to use, cause bad discs, i heard can damage the laser. i cant' really open the wii anyways cause i need one of those tri-force screwdrivers. Do you think , scratching everything and start everything from scratch will solve the problem? It's like windows, if you use it for a couple of years, you sometimes need to reinstall it to get that "fresh" fast feeling where everything is working fine.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Supergluey said:
I always treat my disc the same way, both burned and the official ones. Is maxell a bad DVD-R to use, cause bad discs, i heard can damage the laser. i cant' really open the wii anyways cause i need one of those tri-force screwdrivers. Do you think , scratching everything and start everything from scratch will solve the problem? It's like windows, if you use it for a couple of years, you sometimes need to reinstall it to get that "fresh" fast feeling where everything is working fine.

Well Maxell it is not a bad brand, check with ImgBurn the DiscID and compare it HERE, when a disc is hard to read the laser will make an extra effort to read it, but have seen so many cases that tell us the Wii doesn't try to make that extra effort, so no damage can be done because of this, and you can try doing it all over again, but start upgrading to 3.4, then go back to 3.2, then unistall and install back the cIOS for Gamma Launcher, Starfall or Preloader and then try your games again, in this exact order, you can also perform a format but make sure you are on 3.2 before start it...!!!
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
can i install either without wifi?
You can install both via WiFi.

laugh.gif
you can install both with or without Wi-Fi...!!!

Supergluey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Well Maxell it is not a bad brand, check with ImgBurn the DiscID and compare it HERE, when a disc is hard to read the laser will make an extra effort to read it, but have seen so many cases that tell us the Wii doesn't try to make that extra effort, so no damage can be done because of this, and you can try doing it all over again, but start upgrading to 3.4, then go back to 3.2, then unistall and install back the cIOS for Gamma Launcher, Starfall or Preloader and then try your games again, in this exact order, you can also perform a format but make sure you are on 3.2 before start it...!!!
wink.gif

Okay , do i have to update to 3.4 first? If so , how can i do it? Can i just uninstall everything and start from scratch?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Supergluey said:
Okay , do i have to update to 3.4 first? If so , how can i do it? Can i just uninstall everything and start from scratch?

Just go to your Wii Setting and perform an update from there without deleting your HBC, cause that is your way back to 3.2, if you do so that that is kind of a refresh to your Wii, after you go back to 3.2 you can now uninstall the cIOS and then reset and install back again...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(adr990 @ Feb 8 2009, 05:22 PM) What do the Devcert wads do if you install them?
Wii Backup Disc (Gayfish)

Those are not wads, they're just your certificates for the legally purchased VC and WW (I think, not sure tho)
tongue.gif

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Since I've installed preloader and softmii, sometimes when I start homebrew applications (Homebrew Channel itself, different apps within HBC), the screen just stays black. After a reboot and restarting the app it works again... sometimes.

Is there something wrong with my (c/m)IOS? Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noob question:

I want to get Wad Manger Channel Images, from once that where made... like that one with the blue and circles and arrows... where to find it? (Just the images...)

Thanks
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1