Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

mc1984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! New to Wii modding, have what i think might be a simple question:
IF I have WADS for all of the official releases in the Wii Shop Channel and wanted them all to have a channel on the Wii homepages, is that possible? In other words how do I install WADS on a HD/SD/or Thumbdrive but also have them available on the Wii homepages (as if they were loaded in the Wii's internal memory) without having to get into a 3rd party program or SD menu every time? Thanks!

Last edited by mc1984,

dreword1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to play DKC2 on Virtual Console (has to be VC for speedrun reasons) but I only own a GC controller.

Is there a way that I configure the controller? If not, is there a way I can use a wii remote or a dualshock 4?

I've seen someone changing the button layout on another game with Gecko. I've tried using Gecko but I have no idea what codes I should be using.

tyler811

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to package roms as VC titles for emulation? i mainly want to do this for N64 titles since N64 emulators on PC are bad.

Smug Wendy

Trophies
Website
www.wendys.com
XP
Country
United States

cholaloula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all, I used to mod my Wii around 2014/2015 to play gamecube and Wii backupss, and some WADS of my region (PAL), mostly Wiiware... Now we're in 2017 and I'd like to have some fun with VC, but no 50hz PAL VC, the real One, the 60hz NTSC U/J VC
I'm struggling since yesterday to make, for example, Starblade work
It's a white Wii 4.3E (PAL...)
PS : tried Showmiiwads changing region and black screen, triend the emunand with USBloaderGX, and nope
I reah about neek20 and (if I understood well), the possibility of having different region emunands on my Wii (a 4.3E, a 4.3U, a 4.3J)
but....I'm a total noob regarding emunands, neek (or sneek or neek2o) and I don't know where to begin or fin emunands
or if it's even possible (maybe I understood bad)
So, I'm asking for a Wii pro to help a Wii noob

EDIT :

Finally PAL users, maybe at its time it was obvious, for me in 2017 it's not so obvious, but in this reddit post you'll find EVERYTHING you need to make NTSC wads work on PAL wii, even that m*%£$~f/+.ing NTSC-J STARBLADE!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/3zkxwl/guide_how_to_install_and_play_ntsc_virtual/

Enjoy!

Last edited by cholaloula,

Valyrym

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 4GB SDHC and wanted to know if it's possible to mod my Wii using it, My friend said I need to use a regular SD card thats 2 or less gigbytes in size but I'm not sure if he's correct.

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use ShowMiiWads 1.4 (tried both the x64 and x86 versions) to extract a BootMii nand dump. I keep getting the error "illegal characters in path."

I'm able to view the dump and it's contents using nandextract 0.1.3, but when I try to extract the nand, I get the same error.

Any ideas? Thanks!

PookyNugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob Alert!!
Have a problem that hopefully has a simple fix... when starting to play a GameCube game using USB Loader GX, set up to handle games through Nintendont, I get a strange message: "The Game is on USB. Do you want to copy the game to SD or delete a game on SD?" then it shows three buttons with the following options: Copy, Show SD and Cancel.

Isn't this utility supposed to load games from a USB since that is in the name? Very confused...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob Alert!!
Have a problem that hopefully has a simple fix... when starting to play a GameCube game using USB Loader GX, set up to handle games through Nintendont, I get a strange message: "The Game is on USB. Do you want to copy the game to SD or delete a game on SD?" then it shows three buttons with the following options: Copy, Show SD and Cancel.

Isn't this utility supposed to load games from a USB since that is in the name? Very confused...

Don't post the same problem in multiple threads. You'll end up with conflicting answers.

PookyNugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't post the same problem in multiple threads. You'll end up with conflicting answers.
Sorry...wasn't sure if this one was connected to that one...won't happen again!

Anyway, so what's the solution? I'm not getting any answers...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry...wasn't sure if this one was connected to that one...won't happen again!

Anyway, so what's the solution? I'm not getting any answers...
Oh, and for me who is VERY new to modding/Wii in general, which one of the Noob forums is best to post questions? Thank you in advance for your patience and answers!

PookyNugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone?.....somebody has to know why this is happening. OK different question, how do I contact the developers or people who maintain/update USB Loader GX? Maybe they can answer? All my games work great from Nintendont, loading directly from the USB drive. Why would USB Loader GX force me to move the individual game to the SD card before I can play it? Come on experts!

timetowin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello folks !

am using the wiiflow masterpiece pack by abz, i managed to get a working emunand + Wiiflow with his guide emunand work flawlessly, wiiware wad games works, but i cant run Wii games from wiiflow from emunand (neek2o), either the mame roms ones (snes and atari 2600 works) , for wii games and mame it juste goes back to the emunand system menu (the roms are located in HDD 1st partition)

really i dont know how i can solve this probleme.

Thanks in advence, and sorry for my bad english.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Anyone?.....somebody has to know why this is happening. OK different question, how do I contact the developers or people who maintain/update USB Loader GX? Maybe they can answer? All my games work great from Nintendont, loading directly from the USB drive. Why would USB Loader GX force me to move the individual game to the SD card before I can play it? Come on experts!
I'm pretty sure USB loader gx had Dios mios lite built into it, which only supports SD card game loading. Nintendont is something else entirely, I'm not even sure if it's open, if it's closed or wouldn't be easy to incorporate into a loader.

As for contacting devs, just open a ticket on the project's repository, but the wii scene is old and dusty, you may not get a response

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Either you're using an old version of USB Loader GX or your HDD partitioning isn't quite right. Nintendont supports exFAT and CISO but Wii loaders don't.

Potchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried updating Wii 3.2U to 4.1 or 4.3 using bannerbomb v1 method and modmii but when i go to data management -> channels -> SD card. I see " ? " channel only. I doesn't bring up the choice to load boot.elf/dol window. Please assist

sobriety_sucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly cant help you much cause i never used hermes external dvd emulation. One option I may be able to suggest is for you to temp. transfer the file to your SD card seeing as it should be around 500MB or below very small game and should fit on a standard SD card
smile.gif
and play it using another USB loader. WiiFlow and CFG Loader are great choices.

If you do this grab a copy of WiiBackupManager off the forums here and transfer your .iso into .wbfs. That is different then the actual formatting to WBFS but this is a extension compatible with FAT32.

Copy wbfs/GAME [ID]/GAME.wbfs to root of SD and it should work. If not then it may be a bad copy. This shouldnt take much time maybe 20secs to convert that game to .wbfs extension then it's just about where to be lazy or not which i know some of us are at times LoL. Sorry but this is the only thing i could think of atm.

ANY ADVICE WHEN USBLOADERGX SENDS YOU BACK TO HBC WHEN CHOOSING A GAMME TO PLAY OFF HDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs