Hacking NTFS on external with multiman?

D

Deleted User

Im struggling with this too ... Did any of these guides work for you ... alot of people say use a ps3tools and split files on FAT32.. & that Irishman is better to use than Multiman .. im new to ps3 hacking any advice would help

Not multiman or the best GUI but it works - ntfs iso mounter - Install 1.1 then 1.2 update .pkg

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not multiman or the best GUI but it works - ntfs iso mounter - Install 1.1 then 1.2 update .pkg
i did that but thanks buddy.. i have a odd issue now where when it loads up i cant see MM settings its just stays at one theme and i can only play games from ps3 HDD but i cant see my retro files or settings in any way ... ???

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dual-partition external HDD. The first partition is FAT32, the second partition is NTFS. I simply installed multiman and sMAN, and with the proper folder setups It seems to automatically detect my NTFS partition games without any additional configuration.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't run PS2 games from the external hard drive. You have to copy them onto the internal. WebMan MOD will display a list of your PS2 ISO from ntfs:\\PS2ISO, but when you load a game it will take some time as it will copy the game to your internal drive.

As for the USB.CFG file, when I went into mmOS and tried to launch the PFS driver (bottom left hand corner option menu) it complained about not having the config file. So I created the config file and now it can read the drive just fine.

I would advise running prepNTFS if you're using WebMan MOD and then rescan the drive using its options. That should have it display your games from the NTFS external USB drive.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why people cares about ntfs.

Waste of time!
Because that's how they come formatted and is the best format to use for windows. Some people aren't dedicating their drive solely to play backups so they leave ntfs if possible so they don't get the file restrictions of fat32 when they use it as a drive for their computer.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
I fixed this issue by using IRISMAN since it's file manager can read most if not all NTFS drives without issues, if it's a portable HDD then you need to plug it into a AC powered USB hub otherwise it won't read since the PS3 doesn't supply the drive with any power.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed this issue by using IRISMAN since it's file manager can read most if not all NTFS drives without issues, if it's a portable HDD then you need to plug it into a AC powered USB hub otherwise it won't read since the PS3 doesn't supply the drive with any power.
I used my external drive perfectly fine without external power

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
External and portable HDD are different.

I can't get the PS3 to read a portable HDD even though it's plugged in, haven't tested the external HDD yet but I only got PS1 games on it.
Mine is a portable hdd. Those two terms are usually used interchangeably in my experience. It's just got the single usb cable going to the ps3 and can successfully load games

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine is a portable hdd. Those two terms are usually used interchangeably in my experience. It's just got the single usb cable going to the ps3 and can successfully load games
I use a 1TB western digital portable HDD and the PS3 refuses to read it unless there is a power source.

They are not used interchangeably when you go to buy them, they are distinctly different products, mixing them confuses the situation.

External needs a power source, portable does not.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people aren't dedicating their drive solely to play backups so they leave ntfs if possible so they don't get the file restrictions of fat32 when they use it as a drive for their computer.

It doesn't matter what file system you use, USB is just not ideal. Streaming ISO over gigabit ethernet using ps3netsrv is a smoother experience.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTFS allows you to store your full game ISO reducing the clutter of JB format games and also there are no split files so your backup manager doesn't need to process them. I just wish someone would hack in some GPT support..

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use a 1TB western digital portable HDD and the PS3 refuses to read it unless there is a power source.

They are not used interchangeably when you go to buy them, they are distinctly different products, mixing them confuses the situation.

WD Westerm Elements, needs a USB Y CABLE.

IT's suck!

NTFS allows you to store your full game ISO reducing the clutter of JB format games and also there are no split files so your backup manager doesn't need to process them. I just wish someone would hack in some GPT support..

Yep! I wanna GPT support to use my 4TB portable.
Actually i do use my 4TB External Seagate with my Ps3.

I don't care to much about NTFS, you can run fine .iso 40GB+ splited with FAT32!

Last edited by Redirr,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Weird, my 1tb western digital passport drive works fine

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what file system you use, USB is just not ideal. Streaming ISO over gigabit ethernet using ps3netsrv is a smoother experience.
Until you decide to bring it to a friend's house. Also not everyone has a gigabit switch/router. And back in ps2 days I tried streaming games and most games played terribly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work