Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

tris_666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having no luck at all changing settings with the /nds/ntr_launcher.ini file and version 1.9.9 on a 3DS. Here's what my file looks like, based on the version hosted on GitHub:
Code:
[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 1
HEALTH&SAFETY_MSG = 0
LANGUAGE = -1
NTRCLOCK = 0
ENABLESD = 0
TWLMODE = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 0
I can't really tell if the other features are working, but the most obvious one, disabling the animation, certainly isn't, as I see the DSi animation on every single launch regardless of what I do with the ini. The nds folder is on the root of the 3DS SD card, the ini is in that folder. This seems uncomplicated, so I'm not sure why I'm having problems. I've tried formatting the ini with both Unix (as on GitHub) and Windows line endings, but that made no difference either. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: It seems the 1.9.9 build is considered to be an "alt" build, so it's necessary to use [NTRLAUNCHER_ALT] in the ini rather than just [NTRLAUNCHER], which will be ignored.
my o3dsxl was recently hacked with luma3ds version 9 and i installed ntr1.9.8 through fbi but my cyclods flashcard still boots to white screen, the ini config file has resetslot1 to 1 but still white screen.

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally realized that there were 3ds bulds farther down but the last one I saw was almost 4 versions ago. Has it not been updated or has nothing changed on the 3ds

Rackover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, I'm trying to boot my DSOne SDHC from NTR Launcher but all I get is a white screen after the "DS Safety" screen. Am I doing something wrong?
My DSOne card works smoothly on DSLite, otherwise. I'm trying to make it work on 3DS.

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, I'm trying to boot my DSOne SDHC from NTR Launcher but all I get is a white screen after the "DS Safety" screen. Am I doing something wrong?
My DSOne card works smoothly on DSLite, otherwise. I'm trying to make it work on 3DS.
Make sure you got every necessary files on the SD card of your DSOne. Plus, you could try to eject the flash cart and the SD card a few times to get the contacts working if they are the issue. At least that's the case with mine sometimes.
Good luck and have fun! :-)

Execlectic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a N3DSXL and have been trying to get my CycloDS Evolution to work with this launcher. It works perfectly on my DSL. I have tried version 1.9.9 and 1.9.4 with the following configuration in the .ini:

[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
NTRCLOCK = 1
ENABLESD = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 1

[NTRLAUNCHER_ALT]
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
NTRCLOCK = 1
ENABLESD = 0
TWLMODE = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 1

I always freeze on a white screen, whether or not the cart is inserted before or after booting. Does anyone have any advice, or perhaps an alternative (like a way to use Twilight Menu++)?

Thanks.

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me here, but why would one use this instead of twlightmenu or dsimenu?, or am i missing something?, sorry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me here, but why would one use this instead of twlightmenu or dsimenu?, or am i missing something?, sorry
Lots of older model DS flashcarts can't be launched from the 3DS cartridge HOME Menu icon because of being blocked off by the DS whitelist. NTR Launcher bypasses this kinda like how you can still launch Nintendo Zone through FBI. Another reason for using NTR Launcher is to enable your flashcart to run at DSi (TWL) ARM9 clock speed of 133 MHz versus the NDS (NTR) 67 MHz.

TWiLight Menu++ is great for playing NDS roms from the 3DS system's SD card if you don't own a flashcart, but it's not as direct or as fast going from HOME Menu to flashcart menu due several layers of chainloading when compared to NTR Launcher.

To learn where these homebrew app names came from:

@Apache Thunder, because there are no official *.cia builds after v1.9.9, can you clarify this statement from your newer build releases:

It is not recommended that you install custom SRLs to NAND.

Does this specifically refer to only the Nintendo DSi and not the Nintendo 3DS family? I would like to know if there any repercussions converting the NTR Launcher v2.2 *.nds into a DSiWare *.cia using these scripts:

I may or may not have done something such as that already. :ph34r:

Reactions: hurrz and Itzumi

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder, because there are no official *.cia builds after v1.9.9, can you clarify this statement from your newer build releases:

Does this specifically refer to only the Nintendo DSi and not the Nintendo 3DS family? I would like to know if there any repercussions converting the NTR Launcher v2.2 *.nds into a DSiWare *.cia using these scripts:

I may or may not have done something such as that already. :ph34r:

That warning pertains exclusively to DSI users. Mainly because there isn't anyway to unbrick without nandmodding and that there isn't really a full featured nand file manager yet. (I won't really count twlnf as something I'd consider safe enough to use on a daily basis).

If on 3DS...Go to town. There's plenty of homebrew support on that console so installing DSiWare is usually a non issue for CFW users. Especially since there's a bootrom exploit you can use to recover nand so it's pretty hard to fully brick a 3DS these days.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Rictor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys , can this ntr launcher be used on old 3ds for run this r4
down_r4.jpg
from this site http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ and for run supercard ds2 , r4 and sc ds2 work fine on normal ds but r4 on 3ds show no icon and if start it 3ds say to turn off the 3ds , with sc ds 2 3ds act like no cartridge inserted ... is enough install the cia for use this method in the 3ds ? do i have to run this cia "game" everytime for use those flashcards ? thanks , sorry for many questions

niklakis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Happy new year. If anyone could please help me with this it would be really appreciated. I have an m3ds real with YSmenu and every time I try to launch a game it freezes. The animation on the bottom left stops and no button works, but I can still return to the 3ds home menu no problem. I tried various ini configs but none worked.

EDIT: Nevermind, Wood M3 seems to work perfectly

EDIT2: Scratch that, some games don't work at all on the 3ds while they do on the ds lite and some games like pokemon black 2 don't work on both. YSmenu worked perfectly with all games on ds lite but doesn't work with the 3ds (as stated originally)

Last edited by niklakis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1