Hacking Ntrboothax not working?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theory is the cart isn't making contact with the cartridge reader pins.
Hey that would be great idea to test for!

@enodeb, do you have a DS or 3DS game laying around? Tell us if your USA N3DSXL is able to launch and play a cartridge based game.

Edit - Ah crap. @Quantumcat, bad news where that theory might be shot out of the water.

I went back to check this video, HELP ME! , where @ametefesamuel was having this issue doing ntrboothax on his friend's pink O2DS. At the 3 min, 55 sec mark, the Konami Digital Entertainment is visible in HOME Menu for the pink O2DS (the one that was tried in getting CFW installed).

Pink 2DS is recognizing the cart but wouldn't get into NTRboot no matter what.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey that would be great idea to test for!

@enodeb, do you have a DS or 3DS game laying around? Tell us if your USA N3DSXL is able to launch and play a cartridge based game.

Edit - Ah crap. @Quantumcat, bad news where that theory might be shot out of the water.

I went back to check this video, HELP ME! , where @ametefesamuel was having this issue doing ntrboothax on his friend's pink O2DS. At the 3 min, 55 sec mark, the Konami Digital Entertainment is visible in HOME Menu for the pink O2DS (the one that was tried in getting CFW installed).

Pink 2DS is recognizing the cart but wouldn't get into NTRboot no matter what.
If the icon shows up on the home screen then it isn't flashed properly - unless it is the one cart that does (I think the AK2i).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the icon shows up on the home screen then it isn't flashed properly - unless it is the one cart that does (I think the AK2i).

The icon shows up before the cart was reflashed with ntrboot.

TL;DW - After R4i Gold Plus cart was reflashed, it works with the white O2DS in booting up with magnethax. Pink O2DS did not. Lots of head scratches before he scrapped his attempts, came to this thread, and resorted to DSiWare injection by @windhazard suggestion.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The icon shows up before the cart was reflashed with ntrboot.

TL;DW - After R4i Gold Plus cart was reflashed, it works with the white O2DS in booting up with magnethax. Pink O2DS did not. Lots of head scratches before he scrapped his attempts, came to this thread, and resorted to DSiWare injection by @windhazard suggestion.
Ah gotcha

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very strange.

just because an icon shows up on the screen doesn't mean that the card actually runs for sure.

to test properly, you must actually boot a game with the same flashcart in DS mode.

i'm also inclined to believe it's contact issue, and that it's contacting good enough to show icon, but not good enough to boot.

if it is confirmed that the cart works in DS mode fine, yet wont' load ntrboot on that 3ds, i'm stumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye