Hacking NTRPack: PC-less b9s install using ntrboot

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the current pack I just clocked a full install time of 2 minutes 27 seconds. 3 minutes should be easy for any user that can manage to memorize the install steps (which is actually fairly easy to do). Test was done on 11.5 o3ds. Unsure about n3ds but should be the same, if not nearly identical. I'll probably unhack my n3ds and test that out at some point.

Also for future updates:
Unless some sort of change can be made to somehow make the process even faster, the next update will either be updating the homebrew in the pack or updating to a pack that will download the latest versions of homebrew used.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could make you a downloader application in Java. My A9LHGuideDownloader did this but got the links from me scraping the guide and maintaining a database of the links on my Web page - you can do it a lot more simply by hardcoding the links in. You would be welcome to take my code and strip out the unneeded parts or tell me what you'd like the application to do and I'll implement it. I don't know any python, only Java.
I'll probably skip the python for now. Don't know much python anyway, but I may do it as a challenge on a day off if I'm bored. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me say the simple godmode9 script to uninstall b9s is really helpful. I'd say I've used it over 50 times so far in testing the pack.

Isn't it though? I got testing OldLoader some tonight just to see if it had the ability to elevate itself and skip the whole "udsploit" and "Safehax" thing as the "boot.3dsx" file. It worked great on 9.2 (the control group), but fell apart on 11.2 and 11.3. I thought I could merge that with my same card installer for NTRBootHax, have them both go through GM9. But no dice. Oh well, not hard to create another folder for that method and make a GM9 script to clean up it's files. Granted, it's not like I need old exploits anymore, but, might as well see how much of the guide can be automated. Though I think I'll save MSET for the next release.

You think that's wicked, compile the latest Godmode9. The payloads menu is extremely useful. And both that and the Scripts menu are on the first page now. And i don't know what they did entirely, but my build from yesterday loads extremely fast compared to the last release. It's like, one second and you're looking at your drive list.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it though? I got testing OldLoader some tonight just to see if it had the ability to elevate itself and skip the whole "udsploit" and "Safehax" thing as the "boot.3dsx" file. It worked great on 9.2 (the control group), but fell apart on 11.2 and 11.3. I thought I could merge that with my same card installer for NTRBootHax, have them both go through GM9. But no dice. Oh well, not hard to create another folder for that method and make a GM9 script to clean up it's files. Granted, it's not like I need old exploits anymore, but, might as well see how much of the guide can be automated. Though I think I'll save MSET for the next release.

You think that's wicked, compile the latest Godmode9. The payloads menu is extremely useful. And both that and the Scripts menu are on the first page now. And i don't know what they did entirely, but my build from yesterday loads extremely fast compared to the last release. It's like, one second and you're looking at your drive list.
I'll have to check that out tonight. If it works I may look into putting it in my personal pack (I'll wait for release for the public pack). I already have a laptop set up with Kali for network testing and homebrew compiling.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to check that out tonight. If it works I may look into putting it in my personal pack (I'll wait for release for the public pack). I already have a laptop set up with Kali for network testing and homebrew compiling.

He also added firm installing today. Here's hoping he makes a command for it soon. We could make scripts that install the exploit, copy Luma to CTRNAND, and delete the temporary files, all in one.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That would actually be really awesome if you could. You can check out the current pack for the layout I would like, and I'll make note below of anything that may be harder to figure out

SD\ntrboot.firm - safeb9sinstaller
SD\boot.firm - godmode9.firm
SD\ntrhack\boot.firm - luma
Everything else should be labeled what they are. Some things like DSP1.3dsx probably won't work as it isn't uploaded to github for some reason (only the CIA is).

Oh also for everyone else NTRPack update 1.2 is out. Instructions only needed a little moving around and a few quick changes so that was easy to get done.
Edit: Also if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them! The previous suggestions to make the process easier or quicker are much appreciated!
I made the program for you. Please have a test and make sure it downloads what you want it to. It will extract the archives, rename the files that need to be renamed, and delete the ones that aren't needed. The only thing is I didn't know where to find "paste_ntrboot.gm9"
http://quantumc.at/NTRPackDownloader.jar

If this gets a lot of use I will make it configurable later on (so it can be used as an all-purpose file downloader/extracter/renamer/deleter and keep up with any new releases).

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the program for you. Please have a test and make sure it downloads what you want it to. It will extract the archives, rename the files that need to be renamed, and delete the ones that aren't needed. The only thing is I didn't know where to find "paste_ntrboot.gm9"
http://quantumc.at/NTRPackDownloader.jar

If this gets a lot of use I will make it configurable later on (so it can be used as an all-purpose file downloader/extracter/renamer/deleter and keep up with any new releases).
Awesome! I'll take a look at it.
The paste_ntrboot.gm9 is a custom script only found in the pack so you wouldn't be able to find it elsewhere.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He also added firm installing today. Here's hoping he makes a command for it soon. We could make scripts that install the exploit, copy Luma to CTRNAND, and delete the temporary files, all in one.
The only thing that would make it better after that is a way to dump dspfirm.cdc, unless there already is a way I don't know of. If that happened we would only need two scripts, one to copy from source SD to ramdrive, then a second script to paste from ramdrive to source, install b9s, dump dspfirm.cdc and finally copy luma and file cleanup.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll upload it on my site if you're happy with that, and add it to the downloader.
Yeah you can do that.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK done. New version is uploading now (will be about 6 minutes). If you run it from the command line (cd to the directory the jar is in, then go java -jar NTRPackDownloader.jar) it will output everything it is doing (extracting, deleting, renaming). Edit: finished uploading
Capture.PNG

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK done. New version is uploading now (will be about 6 minutes). If you run it from the command line (cd to the directory the jar is in, then go java -jar NTRPackDownloader.jar) it will output everything it is doing (extracting, deleting, renaming).

I'm interested in this myself. My method only needs one payload, but, if this thing downloads and compiles all the commonly used payloads and apps, it could be a real time saver (even if they're all named wrong for me, I'm no slouch at writing batch files). BTW, does it look for "aeskeydb.bin" in the folder it's running from or just automatically compile GM9 without it? I just like having the keys built in on my personal use copies (aka my everywhere else copies).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in this myself. My method only needs one payload, but, if this thing downloads and compiles all the commonly used payloads and apps, it could be a real time saver (even if they're all named wrong for me, I'm no slouch at writing batch files). BTW, does it look for "aeskeydb.bin" in the folder it's running from or just automatically compile GM9 without it? I just like having the keys built in on my personal use copies (aka my everywhere else copies).
It doesn't compile anything, just downloads the latest version and places them in the format used by my method.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm interested in this myself. My method only needs one payload, but, if this thing downloads and compiles all the commonly used payloads and apps, it could be a real time saver. BTW, does it look for "aeskeydb.bin" in the folder it's running from or just automatically compile GM9 without it? I just like having the keys built in on my personal use copies (aka my everywhere else copies).
I just set it to download what was in TheCyberQuake's pack - I don't think aeskeydb.bin is included. I also just realised I forgot everything in the ntrpack folder except for luma :-/ Will fix.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just set it to download what was in TheCyberQuake's pack - I don't think aeskeydb.bin is included. I also just realised I forgot everything in the ntrpack folder except for luma :-/ Will fix.
lol I was just looking at that. So far it's working well though! You don't have to worry about the themes folder or boot.3dsx (which is DSP1.3dsx) unless you want to put those on your server as well. I made and own the themes so you won't have to worry about any issues with those if you do that.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll save you the trouble. I've already done it. Might as well post it. And that's an interesting choice of development environments to say the least. But as long as it works.

Attachments

• Latest Godmode9 commit (keyless build) (20170818).7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
Last edited by Kazuma77,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Finished!! All files in the pack should get downloaded now with NTRPackDownloader.jar.... phew that was exhausting. Hope it helps somebody <3

Edit:
I hate to be the the bearer of bad news but a single file is missing:
copy_ntrboot.gm9 in SD\gm9\scripts.
I'll test the install process with this in a bit to verify everything else.
One last thing. copy_ntrhack.gm9 in SD\ntrpack\gm9\scripts should be finalize.gm9 instead. That should be the last thing.
Would have tested earlier but literally went straight from waking up to cleaning my brother's apartment for 8 hours.
lumaupdater, freeshop, and ftpd are missing their .3dsx file
The downloader works. The only change I would like at this point is removing backup sysnand and backup emunand from SD/gm9/scripts, and removing copy_ntrboot from /SD/ntrhack/gm9/scripts
The pack works fine as is, just that modification for removing clutter files that don't get used in their location.
Fixed (the 2nd last one was because when I was looping through zip contents, when I got to a folder, I would go to the next element without extracting and back to the beginning of the loop, but then at the beginning of the loop I would go to the next element too. So the first file in any folder would be skipped. Thanks for testing!)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished!! All files in the pack should get downloaded now with NTRPackDownloader.jar.... phew that was exhausting. Hope it helps somebody <3

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't think to check the contents of the gm9 folder. I'll upload it when I get home and add it in, then update my previous post (to not flood this thread). If you find anything else wrong let me know.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think to check the contents of the gm9 folder. I'll upload it when I get home and add it in, then update my previous post (to not flood this thread). If you find anything else wrong let me know.
One last thing. copy_ntrhack.gm9 in SD\ntrpack\gm9\scripts should be finalize.gm9 instead. That should be the last thing.
Would have tested earlier but literally went straight from waking up to cleaning my brother's apartment for 8 hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    R Kelly use you super soaker powers to put the kids out that are on fire!!! Bill Cosby you drug them to make sure they are not in pain!!! OJ you kill the parents!!!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oj only kills people he's in relations with
    +1
    Super Star Super Squad!!!
    The super hero team from hell lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Throw in Dahmer to hide the evidence
    Token white guy lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dahmer can be slim shady
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alright guys just let me talk to the cop
    +1
    Made mom into spaghetti, I'm hungry already
    +1
    I wish I could animate something like this stuff probably get like 2 million YouTube views lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a few lawsuits
    Probably lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem sued me all I did was say he was a cannibal molestor
    Rotflmao
    R Kelly dropped the lawsuit after I let him pee on me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?