Homebrew NTRView - Stream your 3DS on your Wii U

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would rather have a new piece of hardware made from scratch to be used with Switch like the Gameboy Player than having a physical remodelation of the 3DS, counting also the fact that I would want to have the two screens separated like they would be with the Wii U Gamepad or the Swith tablet... Having the option to have both screens on TV is good for gameplay recording means but for playing alone I would prefer to respect the gaming design of the dual screens and the Wii U Gamepad was perfect for that...

Let me throw in a guess:

If the Wii U would have had the DS/3DS mode like it has the Wii mode, with a biult-in slot for DS/3DS cartridges and would have been fully compatible with DS/3DS library having their hardware inside, maybe it wouldn't have failed that bad... 3DS sold tons of consoles and games, its presence inside Wii U, being capable of do the TV-3DS work, would have possibly saved it from failure!

Last edited by Steah,

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're welcome. Also try to ping...

:yaynds::yayu::yay: I made progress!!!!!!!!

I managed to make it work for a few seconds and I realized various things:

- The problem is on the 3DS side, initially trying to connect, the router gives the 3DS the right IP as 192.168.0.3
- If NTR CFW is already running I could try to go Enable Debug and Input Redirection and for a while it keeps the right IP and the Wii U sometimes manages to connect.
- But in a few seconds the 3DS inside NTR messes up the IP to 192.168.1.78 that fails to connect or even 192.0.0.0.0 that is a bad IP, at that point even the router config page loses the 3DS and the only way I have to connect back inside 3DS is to deactivate Debug and Input Redirection, otherwise the 3DS infitely tries to connect to the router
- I could disable Debug and Input to try to connect back with the 3DS that gets recognized again by the router, receives the right IP and I could try to enable Debug and Iput again but the cycle repeats, in a few seconds the IP gets messed up, etc but in that brief moment the Wii U might receive the stream for a brief while

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:yaynds::yayu::yay: I made progress!!!!!!!!

I managed to make it work for a few seconds and I realized various things:

- The problem is on the 3DS side, initially trying to connect, the router gives the 3DS the right IP as 192.168.0.3
- If NTR CFW is already running I could try to go Enable Debug and Input Redirection and for a while it keeps the right IP and the Wii U sometimes manages to connect.
- But in a few seconds the 3DS inside NTR messes up the IP to 192.168.1.78 that fails to connect or even 192.0.0.0.0 that is a bad IP, at that point even the router config page loses the 3DS and the only way I have to connect back inside 3DS is to deactivate Debug and Input Redirection, otherwise the 3DS infitely tries to connect to the router
- I could disable Debug and Input to try to connect back with the 3DS that gets recognized again by the router, receives the right IP and I could try to enable Debug and Iput again but the cycle repeats, in a few seconds the IP gets messed up, etc but in that brief moment the Wii U might receive the stream for a brief while
Sound like something do with your wifi hotspot isnt doing right. Does your internet have strong connect without anyone borrowing your connections that might cause it flickering the connections??

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sound like something do with your wifi hotspot isnt doing right. Does your internet have strong connect without anyone borrowing your connections that might cause it flickering the connections??

I have a dedicated router without internet serving only as a connection between Wii U and 3DS and it is placed on the Wii U itself, to be as close as possible...

Also I made an hard reset of the router various times...

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dedicated router without internet serving only as a connection between Wii U and 3DS and it is placed on the Wii U itself, to be as close as possible...

Also I made an hard reset of the router various times...
I will give it a try again and it been like year ago maybe. what is the version right now 0.2?? that was last i know of

Reactions: Steah

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes i just saw it recent relased March 10 my old was sept 2020 and got to update it will let you know i hope i have right settings ini

This version lets you use the Wii U Gamepad as a controller and 3DS lower screen touch included... Amazing... What we always wanted from Wii U... Let me know if it works for you! B-)

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This version lets you use the Wii U Gamepad as a controller and 3DS lower screen touch included... Amazing... What we always wanted from Wii U... Let me know if it works for you! B-)
got to fix the ini setting wii u is trying to connect to 192.168.0.11 is that right address??

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
got to fix the ini setting wii u is trying to connect to 192.168.0.11 is that right address??

It may be right, it depends on your network but with 0.4 you don't need to edit the ini, you can just press the left analog of the Gamepad and it lets you change the IP on the go...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you mean ip address, you can find it in network settings. you should make it a static ip for things like ftp and whatnot.

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how do i find 3DS address??

When you activate Debug and Input Redirection it indicates your IP but mine gest messed up...

if you mean ip address, you can find it in network settings. you should make it a static ip for things like ftp and whatnot.

I could try to give the 3DS a static address to prevent it from being messed up maybe...

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you activate Debug and Input Redirection it indicates your IP but mine gest messed up...

I could try to give the 3DS a static address to prevent it from being messed up maybe...
mine too i was messing around with ini on version 0.2 guess ill have to redownload for 3DS and the NTR view selector again

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never personally tried this, but I have used ntr to send my 3ds screens to the pc. that worked pretty well with kit-kat slim.

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mine too i was messing around with ini on version 0.2 guess ill have to redownload for 3DS and the NTR view selector again

Yes probably it needs to reset the settings but I'm not sure that are the config files in the 3DS to reset the NTR IP configs...

I've never personally tried this, but I have used ntr to send my 3ds screens to the pc. that worked pretty well with kit-kat slim.

It can probably work, or at least I have to try it...

Now i got my Wii U connected but in black screen no pictures

You are close to the target I think, you have to exit the Wii U NTRView IP setting...

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes probably it needs to reset the settings but I'm not sure that are the config files in the 3DS to reset the NTR IP configs...

You are close to the target I think, you have to exit the Wii U NTRView IP setting...
the issue is you have to have 3DS ntr view selector running 1st then have Wii U connect it not Wii U then 3DS im checking the ini now and trying look for old download

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i need to connect to pc too?? I rather play straight from between Wii U and 3DS

Last edited by FanNintendo,

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the issue is you have to have 3DS ntr view selector running 1st then have Wii U connect it not Wii U then 3DS im checking the ini now and trying look for old download

Yes I run the 3DS first because the Wii U needs to have the 3DS ready to connect to it, at least I think but I could try the opposite way around too...

so i need to connect to pc too??

You don't, you can press left analog to set the IP and you can exit that setting with B, I think that when it says Connected you can press B and the stream should start!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo