NUSSpli constantly lagging out and downloading slowly out of nowhere

fearlesskiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently acquired a Wii-U, I got tiramisu, aroma and NUSspli setup. At first, it was fine, I downloaded a game at like 15 MB/s. Now I came back to the app an hour later to download the update, and it's constantly lagging out, giving hostname unknown error, unable to connect, i/o error and timing out during download. Is this something that is known and i should only be using it to install games i get from WIIUDownloader on pc?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently acquired a Wii-U, I got tiramisu, aroma and NUSspli setup. At first, it was fine, I downloaded a game at like 15 MB/s. Now I came back to the app an hour later to download the update, and it's constantly lagging out, giving hostname unknown error, unable to connect, i/o error and timing out during download. Is this something that is known and i should only be using it to install games i get from WIIUDownloader on pc?
Most of the times when it host or network error, the issue is on your end. Also the wii u wifi is slow as all hell, if you're downloading a big game and have no problem using pc to dl. Then yeah use WIIUDownloader and do the usual transfer to sd and use nusspli to install it.

Reactions: jeannotte

fearlesskiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the times when it host or network error, the issue is on your end. Also the wii u wifi is slow as all hell, if you're downloading a big game and have no problem using pc to dl. Then yeah use WIIUDownloader and do the usual transfer to sd and use nusspli to install it.
Alright thank you. Also, i downloaded for 2 hours straight with no problem and i have 1gb/s internet, it just got worst out of no where and i could test internet without any issue

MajesticMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same issue. Could be the storage that have issue such as a defective usb or hdd.
Also there is this wifi bug when gamepad/console too close from the hdd. It helps to solve the issue.
But what really limit the downloading speed it is the wifi hardware of the wii u.
My solution was to download not through nusspli but doing it with a pc with wiiudow loader directly. Really faster.
But then need to install through wup installer gx2 by copying game folders in the sd card in /installl/ folder.
So you need a high capacity sd storage depending the size of the games you want to install.
Or Just run nusspli for days......

fonix232

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How even did you manage to get 15MB/s speeds? The top I get with NUSSpli is about 10Mb/s (note the non-capital b), so about 1.5MB/s. And yes, it's a hardware limitation of the Wii U - the WiFi module is slow, the CPU is also slow, and the storage controller (regardless if you're saving to NAND or SD card or external HDD) is also slow. For any large game you'll be better off using a PC, then transferring to the SD card and installing from there.

Reactions: MajesticMouse

MajesticMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How even did you manage to get 15MB/s speeds? The top I get with NUSSpli is about 10Mb/s (note the non-capital b), so about 1.5MB/s. And yes, it's a hardware limitation of the Wii U - the WiFi module is slow, the CPU is also slow, and the storage controller (regardless if you're saving to NAND or SD card or external HDD) is also slow. For any large game you'll be better off using a PC, then transferring to the SD card and installing from there.
I think this is not possible to reach this speed. I hardly reach 1.5 MB/s yet in average 1.2 MB/s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Yeah, BonziBuddy was both spyware and ad-ware. It collected children's personal information without consent as well as display fake Windows popups.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast bonzi got discontinued
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The people who created Bonzi now owns a company called 2KDirect; an advertising firm. https://www.ipromote.com/
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast they get slightly cleaner money
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, hot take
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So Bonzi buddy was an evil version of Alexa lol
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +4
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about making kids wait till 18 or 21 to drive? And yea is messed up, you can join army and die for your country at age 18, but you can't drink alcohol or smoke a cig til 21, is ridiculous
    +3
    If someone is in the military they should be allowed to smoke and drink at 18.... Would help drive recruitment lol
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all know they do and will anyways. I think laws prevented them only pushes them to illegally do it. Even tho if was legal, most prob wouldn't even bother. Not a big deal or risque if its legal, no fun.
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    That's why some kids don't mind having a rap sheet or two just so they never get drafted
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also, i think the voting age should match the adult and drinking ages too, because by the logic of giving them time to mature and think rationally so they don't drive drunk, then they should also have that time to mature and think rationally so they can think for themselves
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fucking hell i'm becoming a mini leo with the way i yap aren't i?
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    I was unable to create the VM for the debloat windows, but found the video where I learned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you def no leo, and I like your insight. You are a smart Baked cookie.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good +1