Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

End of development​

Stopping Wii U development cause of way to many memory issues and no available memory debugger. It's just way to frustating when you code for more than 2+ years and then get bitten by such stuff. Codebase of NUSspli + all involved libraries is way to big to debug without tools like Valgrind but it seem we'll never have them availabe on the Wii U.
UGH. I understand and a BIG thank you for the great tool and all you have done.

Here is hoping such debugging tools come about and you return.

Also glad you will still be around, even if not developing. :)

Last edited by Videomanman87,

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBATemp, the new NUSspli release was going to have a lot of changes, which made it suuuper fast and finally fixed the corrupted files issue, it’s a shame it would go to waste, so I decided to release it, here it is! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE TEXT, IT HAS INFO ON HOW TO MAKE IT WORK CORRECTLY https://github.com/Xpl0itU/NUSspli/releases
The link for the file in the first note is down.

Trophies
XP
No.. It's not. As @Xpl0itU stated you need a registered GitHub account to use the DL link in the releases section. I can confirm it's working as I literally JUST used it 2 minutes ago and it worked fine as I was logged into GitHub
For any others that get confused, this shows that it 404s with no account signed in, but it works WITH an account signed in, so no the Link is NOT down.

wakakau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Actually did this, remembering from the other versions. However only NAND and SD show, USB is no longer showing as an option, nor there even being a third one. Just NAND and USB. Not sure if this is an issue on my end specifically or the build you released..

Edit: Gonna mess around with it a bit, because I'm more willing to bet it's an issue on MY end, and not anyone else's
Yeah I think it’s you fault because for me it works just fine, I’ll try again just in case, but it works
Edit: yes, it works just fine, tried it again
I'm not seeing USB either on 1.96. Select just cycles between NAND and SD
Going back to 1.95, USB is there

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works fine for me, :P:

1654600392362.png

Reactions: Xpl0itU

wakakau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You can download to NAND and install to USB, I would stay on 1.96 due to file corruptions and the improved speeds tho
OK, found the reason why. USB is only available if used with 00_mocha.rpx downloaded from the link in the 1.96 release note.
I was using the supposedly newer version that was mentioned in the Tiramisu thread (MochaPayload-20220605-184322)
When using that version, files can be downloaded to NAND or SD only, and when trying to install to USB, I received file is corrupted message (no issue installing the same files to NAND)

Oh well, will use Mocha payload from the link in 1.96 then. Doesn't seem to have any difference to me so far other than NUSspli being able to download and install to USB

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
OK, found the reason why. USB is only available if used with 00_mocha.rpx downloaded from the link in the 1.96 release note.
I was using the supposedly newer version that was mentioned in the Tiramisu thread (MochaPayload-20220605-184322)
When using that version, files can be downloaded to NAND or SD only, and when trying to install to USB, I received file is corrupted message (no issue installing the same files to NAND)

Oh well, will use Mocha payload from the link in 1.96 then. Doesn't seem to have any difference to me so far other than NUSspli being able to download and install to USB
@Korozin this might fix your issue too

Trophies
XP
@Korozin this might fix your issue too
Possibly, the first time I tested it I did use the Mocha from the link provided. Might need a re-try because I'm not sure if I actually tested NUSspli within that time-frame because I did update the payload shortly after with a fresh Tiramisu install. Will try again later but as V10lator said when they reached out to me they said this also seems like a case of the random heap corruption that's been a pain in the ass for you guys. Regardless will try again later to see if any difference is made.

Reactions: Xpl0itU

NewNintendero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For the life of me i couldnt get the NUSspli v1.96 to work even after following the instructions on the github page and replacing the mocha.rpx,, a red screen with a message saying that i needed the original NUSspli to work appears, tried the Aroma, HBL and Channel Methods but WUP doesnt recognize the install and the other methods either dont appear on the Launcher or dont work.

Tried uninstailling and returning to 1.95 but now it says that NUSSPLI "couldn't resolve hostname",

Any help? ive tried to download and play Assassins Creed III but NUSspli keeps failling me and the USB Helper folders of the game dont get recognize by WUPinstaller.

Reactions: MaGosT

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For the life of me i couldnt get the NUSspli v1.96 to work even after following the instructions on the github page and replacing the mocha.rpx,, a red screen with a message saying that i needed the original NUSspli to work appears, tried the Aroma, HBL and Channel Methods but WUP doesnt recognize the install and the other methods either dont appear on the Launcher or dont work.

Tried uninstailling and returning to 1.95 but now it says that NUSSPLI "couldn't resolve hostname",

Any help? ive tried to download and play Assassins Creed III but NUSspli keeps failling me and the USB Helper folders of the game dont get recognize by WUPinstaller.
Don’t use the channel version, use the hbl version of 1.96 and that will work

Reactions: NewNintendero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.