Status
Not open for further replies.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apk's will be released shortly after and then someone can apply a translation patch or port some of the assets from the original games. Makes sense because the switch is just a downclocked shield.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I got the same questions as @the_randomizer : the article really throws up more questions than that it answers.

-the video's could easily be fake. Them being HD doesn't say all that much, as both can be shot on the wiiu (the second one needs about 2 minutes in mario maker). Besides...that someone who has this first-of-the-world tech on their hands apparently still has one of the worst phone cameras in the world.
-"they’ve been confirmed". Okay...by whom? Following what presentation? What are the guidelines? And if it's so confirmed, why isn't nintendo doing the announcement? It's not like it wouldn't be worthy of a nintendo direct
-why just China? Yeah, it's a large, relatively untapped market in video games so it makes sense that they be the first ones (and IMHO rightfully so). But it doesn't take a genius to see that if the announcement comes with an "exclusive" tag, it's basically saying the same as "YOU do the translation for the rest of the world".
-controls. I was under the assumption that nintendo was always wary of porting to other systems, partially because a game stands or falls with controls. And now they show two games where the quality will be seriously hampered because it has to rely on 3rd party controllers. Which brings me to the obvious critique of the video: they clearly didn't use touchscreen controls (or even a nvidia shield, for that matter). Did nintendo really bring over the game catering to "standard" xbox360 controllers?
-and finally: is this a port or an emulator? I personally think the former: IMHO they're throwing out a couple of their star line-up to see if it sticks. With the nvidia shield being known to them due to the switch, backporting an older title shouldn't be too hard. It would also explain how both games can work without the game nagging for there not being a sensor bar around.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same questions as @the_randomizer : the article really throws up more questions than that it answers.

-the video's could easily be fake. Them being HD doesn't say all that much, as both can be shot on the wiiu (the second one needs about 2 minutes in mario maker). Besides...that someone who has this first-of-the-world tech on their hands apparently still has one of the worst phone cameras in the world.
-"they’ve been confirmed". Okay...by whom? Following what presentation? What are the guidelines? And if it's so confirmed, why isn't nintendo doing the announcement? It's not like it wouldn't be worthy of a nintendo direct
-why just China? Yeah, it's a large, relatively untapped market in video games so it makes sense that they be the first ones (and IMHO rightfully so). But it doesn't take a genius to see that if the announcement comes with an "exclusive" tag, it's basically saying the same as "YOU do the translation for the rest of the world".
-controls. I was under the assumption that nintendo was always wary of porting to other systems, partially because a game stands or falls with controls. And now they show two games where the quality will be seriously hampered because it has to rely on 3rd party controllers. Which brings me to the obvious critique of the video: they clearly didn't use touchscreen controls (or even a nvidia shield, for that matter). Did nintendo really bring over the game catering to "standard" xbox360 controllers?
-and finally: is this a port or an emulator? I personally think the former: IMHO they're throwing out a couple of their star line-up to see if it sticks. With the nvidia shield being known to them due to the switch, backporting an older title shouldn't be too hard. It would also explain how both games can work without the game nagging for there not being a sensor bar around.

Not gonna hold my breath lol, that's for sure.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow...
If this is an emulator then this is big big big news
Need to buy one quick before the price goes up like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum