NX-Shell - Multipurpose File Manager for Nintendo Switch

Hello everyone, the new release with the much requested USB support is finally here! (Couldn't have done it without @DarkMatterCore's usb library) It's worth mentioning since it is such a big update (backend changes and FS refactor) there *may* be some issues, but the only way I can find and fix those is through you guys! However rest assured, I did run a lot of tests myself to make sure it is functioning as expected. If I waited a month, it would've been exactly 2 years since the last release 🥺.

icon.jpg

Change-log:

• FS:
    • Added support for browsing USB devices.
    • Switched back to libc to handle FS operations.
    • Brought back support for browsing other devices such as safe, user and system.
  • GUI:
    • Update to imGui v1.88.
    • Switch to imGui's new keyEvent API.
    • The two views (File Browser and Settings) can now be navigated as tabs.
    • Switched from list view to a table view using imGui's table API.
    • Sorting is no longer applied from settings, it can be done directly by clicking on the table column headers.
    • A new selector has been added to allow the user to switch to different devices such as safe, user, USB etc.
    • Settings are no longer categorized by imGui's tree system.
    • No longer uses SDL2 as a backend, but instead uses opengl v3 directly (along with egl).
  • Fixes:
    • Properly delete config file if the config file version is outdated.
    • Properly free textures after exiting application.
    • Fixed scrolling via the right joystick after zooming into an image.
    • Lots of code clean up and under the hood changes that are too many to list here.

f43g1ya.jpg

3dU0ciU.jpg

2022080419235500-a282ce99633b844e0497db963451d670-jpg.321175

Download: https://github.com/joel16/NX-Shell/releases

Last edited by Joel16,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
There was a slight issue with opening empty directories where the app would be left in a inoperable state. That should be fixed. Please re-download if you haven't! (I simply deleted the other and re-uploaded the build)

V8Grsko.jpg

5UCClKq.jpg

LlzSKy0.jpg

Change-log + Download
Thanks for the awesome update! Liking every improvement!
Hoping to see touch support and the fancy scroll (press to continuously scroll, right or left to jump one page) in some homebrews.

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming soon to a switch near you: (Worth mentioning that the first release with the music player won't be something too hefty, it will just have some basic features and allow you to play multiple formats. However somewhere down the line, improvements to every aspect will be implemented.)

WgLUOMJ.jpg

Last edited by Joel16,

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Coming soon to a switch near you: (Worth mentioning that the first release with the music player won't be something too hefty, it will just have some basic features and allow you to play multiple formats. However somewhere down the line, improvements to every aspect will be implemented.)

WgLUOMJ.jpg
Hey! Thanks for this! Looking forward to it!

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Man! You're going to make people forget / abandon their smartphone with all these awesome features!
Looking forward to background play (maybe whenatmosphere gets released and we have more privilege?)
Awesome!

WgLUOMJ.jpg

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this homebrew! Is there any chance of a PDF reader? Preferably with an option to display it in portrait mode like an ebook?

Sorry but that's not on the to-do list. There's still so much I need to do with this so I don't think I'll get any time for that. Perhaps in the future, or if someone wants to implement it can send a PR.

Man! You're going to make people forget / abandon their smartphone with all these awesome features!
Looking forward to background play (maybe whenatmosphere gets released and we have more privilege?)
Awesome!

Yeah currently background play is not possible. Libnx is still pretty new as well so we won't see too many goodies until later on. Hence why I emphasized on 'only basic music playing features will be available at the moment'.

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
What about renaming files? I remember you have mentioned missing keyboard. Could you look at checkpoint aources? It has keyboard for naming save backups.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zumoly

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
What about renaming files? I remember you have mentioned missing keyboard. Could you look at checkpoint aources? It has keyboard for naming save backups.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Indeed, Bernardo is a good friend of mine. The only thing drawing me back is that his osk uses c++. I'm not too familiar with some of the syntax used in c++, apart from the object oriented programming aspects of it. But yes, these can actually very easily be implemented once the osk is done.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
If we're requesting feature I'd definitely suggest:
multiselect

Indeed, Bernardo is a good friend of mine. The only thing drawing me back is that his osk uses c++. I'm not too familiar with some of the syntax used in c++, apart from the object oriented programming aspects of it. But yes, these can actually very easily be implemented once the osk is done.

Reactions: wicksand420

MrWhosHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this home brew and it has help me a lot and it’s fast copy too nice work
Current version: 1.01 (Beta)

Features:

- Delete files folders.
- Copy/Move files and folders.
- Displays file size. (files only ATM)
- Image viewer (PNG/JPG/GIF/BMP)
- Extract .ZIP files.
- Sorting options (Sort by name, date, size).
- Dark theme toggle.

S90wMz1.jpg

abzARE1.jpg

aI95vgZ.jpg

V8Grsko.jpg

5UCClKq.jpg

LlzSKy0.jpg

Controls:
Code:
- Press X to bring up options.
- Press A to confirm/enter directory.
- Press B to cancel/leave directory.
- D-Pad is currently used for navigation only.

Download: https://github.com/joel16/NX-Shell/releases/tag/1.00 (Please note this is a very early beta, just releasing this to get some opinions on this)
love this app

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @Joel16
I don't know if it's me but moving a folder actually copies it.
Moving files work as expected.

This is now fixed in master. Not sure how I overlooked it, I swore it was working in the first release. Oh well :L

Anyways, I got ID3v1/v2 (no id3 pic tag) working today. Need to clean up the source though. (I really need to fix the time display in this app, it's definitely not 6:13 AM, there's no way in hell I'd be up that early)

L2ijpEb.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1