NXBlood - NBlood on the Nintendo Switch

LONG DEAD, DON'T BOTHER

LEFTOVER SOURCE CODE
https://github.com/aagallag/NXBlood

NXBlood

msdos_blood.png

NXBlood is a port of NBlood for the Switch which itself is a attempted Source port of the 1997 game Blood

All credit for the actual port goes to Nuke.YKT for his fantastic NBlood

Note:
this port will soon be continued and with proper controller support

Installation:
- move NBlood.nro somewhere into your /switch folder
  • make a folder called nblood on the root of your SD and copy the following files into it or next to the nro
    BLOOD.INI
    BLOOD.RFF
    BLOOD000.DEM-BLOOD003.DEM
    GUI.RFF
    SOUNDS.RFF
    SURFACE.DAT
    TILES000.ART-TILES015.ART
    TILES016.ART-TILES017.ART (One Unit Whole Blood edition only)
    VOXEL.DAT
  • start NXBlood

Controls:
Currently you can't change the button mapping ingame

In-game:
Left Joystick - Movement
Right Joystick - Looking around
Left Joystick pressed - Sprinting
Right Joystick pressed - Crouching
A - Use
B - Jump
Y - Use item
ZR - Fire
ZL - Alternative Fire
R & L - Switching Weapons
Up - Holder Weapon
Dpad Left & Right - Switch items
Dpad Down - Toggle Map mode ( does not view map )
Minus - View Map

Keyboard and Mouse are fully supported and you are free to use them

Suggestions & Issues:
If you have any issue or want to give a suggestion make to create a issue on github
this gives me a overview of existing issues and wanted features
https://github.com/Jan200101/NXBlood/issues

Look at the projects tab to see whats in the works
development will be rather slow as I am fulltime student
https://github.com/Jan200101/NXBlood/projects

Credits:

Download:
- Source Code: https://github.com/Jan200101/NXBlood
- Binaries (.NRO): https://github.com/Jan200101/NXBlood/releases/latest

Last edited by Jan200101,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
can someone confirm that TILES000.ART-TILES017.ART is correct, I got a dump from internet and it only had TILES000.ART-TILES015.ART

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
NXBlood

NXBlood is a port of NBlood for the Switch which itself is a attempted Source port of the 1997 game Blood
the port is relatively feature complete compared to the existing version of NBlood

All credit to the actual port of Blood go to Nuke.YKT for his fantastic NBlood

Thanks for the great work!

During your development of this port, did you run into any problems with the game stuttering whenever you hit something with that first weapon, that triceps?

I am asking because the Vita port beta-version (WIP by Rinnegatamante) starts to stutter very heavily then. Maybe in your development of the Switch port, you found a fix for this problem? Or maybe the problem never existed on the Switch?

Last edited by rsn8887,

lifetolifeless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the way NBlood (and maybe even eduke32) works is that it never saves a configuration file until the configuration is changed by the user

Thank you for your work @SentryCrafter. This should keep me occupied until DUSK drops.

I’ve tried changing settings, but the cfg file didnt show up. The right stick sensitivity is insanely high too. Other than these, It runs perfectly. OGG support seems to work fine too

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your work @SentryCrafter. This should keep me occupied until DUSK drops.

I’ve tried changing settings, but the cfg file didnt show up. The right stick sensitivity is insanely high too. Other than these, It runs perfectly. OGG support seems to work fine too

Did you change some settings then exit the game through the Quit menu option? That's how it worked for me.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice work!

Some minor issues I found:
- Latest release notes say that opl3 (music) player works fine, but I still get no music in game.
- Also I cannot open the menu using the controller. Maybe Plus key could be mapped to open/close menu?

Last edited by rsn8887,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@rsn8887 I get ogg files working, they need to be in “sd:/nblood”
They are: blood02.ogg to blood09.ogg, also you need the One Unit Whole Blood version (it does contain the extra TILES16.ART and TILES17.ART files.

I set the audio driver to opl3/adlib, the music is quite low, so you need volume up it.

BTW I did set the mouse sensitivity to 0 and the camera still goes crazy fast :/

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: Csmrcc

lifetolifeless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you change some settings then exit the game through the Quit menu option? That's how it worked for me.

Thanks @Purple_Shyguy , found the cfg file with this.

Okay guys, I opened my eduke32.cfg and copied a bunch of lines into the nblood cfg. Not sure which lines does what so I just pasted everything.

Now the right stick insane sensitivity is fixed. Haven't tried tweaking the values yet, so YMMV.

Paste these onto your nblood cfg:

JoystickAnalogScale0 = 1000
JoystickAnalogDead0 = 2000
JoystickAnalogSaturate0 = 1000000
JoystickAnalogScale1 = 98304
JoystickAnalogDead1 = 2000
JoystickAnalogSaturate1 = 32768
JoystickAnalogScale2 = 32768
JoystickAnalogDead2 = 2000
JoystickAnalogSaturate2 = 562500
JoystickAnalogScale3 = 16384
JoystickAnalogDead3 = 3000
JoystickAnalogSaturate3 = 16384

There is no binding for Esc/menu key, so in-game pausing and menu opening is still unfixed

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks @Purple_Shyguy , found the cfg file with this.

Okay guys, I opened my eduke32.cfg and copied a bunch of lines into the nblood cfg. Not sure which lines does what so I just pasted everything.

Now the right stick insane sensitivity is fixed. Haven't tried tweaking the values yet, so YMMV.

Paste these onto your nblood cfg:

JoystickAnalogScale0 = 1000
JoystickAnalogDead0 = 2000
JoystickAnalogSaturate0 = 1000000
JoystickAnalogScale1 = 98304
JoystickAnalogDead1 = 2000
JoystickAnalogSaturate1 = 32768
JoystickAnalogScale2 = 32768
JoystickAnalogDead2 = 2000
JoystickAnalogSaturate2 = 562500
JoystickAnalogScale3 = 16384
JoystickAnalogDead3 = 3000
JoystickAnalogSaturate3 = 16384

There is no binding for Esc/menu key, so in-game pausing and menu opening is still unfixed
Thanks it plays perfect now :)
Now just left a way to access the menu and be able to save and this port is complete

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country

During your development of this port, did you run into any problems with the game stuttering whenever you hit something with that first weapon, that triceps?

I am asking because the Vita port beta-version (WIP by Rinnegatamante) starts to stutter very heavily then. Maybe in your development of the Switch port, you found a fix for this problem? Or maybe the problem never existed on the Switch?

Not with the pitchfork but the game does freeze for half a second when you fire the dynamite weapon.

Jan200101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jandroegehoff.de
XP
Country
Germany

the only issues I myself encountered were lag when drowing dynamite which I assume to be because I had to go with the SDL renderer instead of using the custom OpenGL renderer

switching to the OpenGL renderer doesn't seem to be a choice at the moment as there is no GLUT implementation for the Switch yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu