NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am always scared of accidently deleting files of my HDD when browsing with the NXMP and marking stuff. That is the reason I am never using this feature. We definately need a manual soon :D
The red buttom clear playlist is only a in memory playlist within nxmp NO FILES WILL BE IN WRITE MODE except for nxmp stuff,config,db. Dont worry :D
Post automatically merged:

You like the refrehed gui?

Also usb is keep mounted until is in use, then unmounted

Also MPEG2Video VOB at abusrd resolution (for mpeg2) is working
2023091221321100.jpg

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
playerint1.png

The new progressbar now show the cache status (the grey area) and the white is still the actual position
this is useful for network streaming

And a nice changes for all the nostalgic of the great PPlay (that insipired me A LOT thanks @cpasjuste for bring the first video light on the scene)

2023091317464100.jpg

The mini player while browsing (instead of the background video.
Hope you like this!
All these will be on 0.8.0 that is in testing right now.
If someone want to test it PM me.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can NXMP switch the output refreshrate to be in snyc with the video refreshrate?
Like for example if my video runs at 24hz, does the switch output 24hz over HDMI, so the TV sets itself to 24hz?

Reactions: proconsule54

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
View attachment 281391

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build|Nightly Build
Stable: v0.7.0| Nightly: v0.7.0 rev 1

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

View attachment 282948View attachment 282946View attachment 282947View attachment 282949

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide
Why the hell is this frontpaged again?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why the hell is this frontpaged again?
Even if it was before, recently it got an update that makes it first Switch homebrew video player supporting hardware video decoding. Hardware video decoding in Switch homebrew scene was one of last bastions in terms of features you couldn't implement... until now.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Even if it was before, recently it got an update that makes it first Switch homebrew video player supporting hardware video decoding. Hardware video decoding in Switch homebrew scene was one of last bastions in terms of features you couldn't implement... until now.
Thank you.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, thanks to ffmpeg patch made by @averne

@proconsule54
Thank you very much for your great work!.. :yayswitch:

A little silly question: there's no opportunity at all to play any 4K in 60 FPS, even with overclock CPU/GPU or even in a low bitrate, maybe?.. Just no chances?!
HW can do that , if there isn't any bottlenek it will be possible in future

• Love
Reactions: ber71 and mathew77

kcajjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't see a clear answer for this so: Does this support bitstreaming? If so, does it bitstream dolby digital (plus) and TrueHD? Dts (HD-ma) and dts:x?

averne

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@proconsule54
Thank you very much for your great work!.. :yayswitch:

A little silly question: there's no opportunity at all to play any 4K in 60 FPS, even with overclock CPU/GPU or in a low bitrate, maybe?.. Just no chances?!
Unfortunately not until nxmp moves from OpenGL to deko3d.
4k60 is just too much work. Think that in 16ms, you have to perform decoding, two full frame copies, color conversion and downscaling. From a quick calculation, that's over 2gpbs of data moving around, and double that if you're playing 10-bit content (which is often the case for 4k HDR). Speaking of, HDR content also needs a heavy compute shader pass to adjust the luminosity of the frame...
The Switch is just not built for that imo.

Though I would like to mention, my (currently unreleased) player can do it. I'm hoping to open source all the parts over the next months, the FFmpeg hwaccel was probably the biggest.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks @averne for all the work in the background you have done!
You are right, until i move to deko3d (and have a deko3d backend built into mpv) i think that 4k@60fps is out of question.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you have a samba folder or a usb disk full of hdr 4k, you are at the bathroom and want to play one during the “session” why not been able to play it?

And why not unleash the power of what we have bought?

I started this project 2 years ago because PPlay (huge respect) dont play the tv broadcast from my decoder. So i made it

Now i am working on opening iso file maybe is useless for many but useful for others

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2