Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Knowing the Republicans nowadays they'll probably go all out against any bill he pushes, and for once I'm thankful for that. And the full Democratic party won't be backing this, I assure you.

Piracy won't kill the economy, even games that get millions of downloads still have great sales.

Something tells me that they don't realize that piracy has been around since computer games and floppy drives have existed.

Don't copy that floppy!

But I do believe it's just another scare so we can get all frantic here. We have shitload of shit to walk through before we even begin to remotely care about people pirating crap on the internet. Maybe in the year 2050 when we actually don't have any immediate problems (although that's unlikely) we'll start a serious piracy crackdown, but for now it's just all bark and no bite.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This seems to totally condradict the fact that pirates are the people who on averge buy the most music.
unsure.gif

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Janelle Monae quote best fits here:

"And when I look into the future I see danger in its eyes
Hearts of hatred rule the land while love is left aside
Killing plagues the citizens while music slowly dies
I get frightened, I - see, I get frightened, I..."

I feel the world is getting dumber (for lack of a better word) by the day.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about typing "Artist Torrent" being illegal, but we really should start cracking down on piracy. A lot of us simply can not afford it, but a lot of us can and just don't buy.

I know a lot of people here won't like it, but everything they said is true, it does hurt our economy, and it really should stop.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
This sounds like the Minority Report. "He might be about to commit a crime, attest him!"

Edit: someone posted that before me

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ban the government...
i hate privacy scoldings.
everything that is privacy, should always be privacy.
thats why i believe in a world without a government.
dictation and dominion always lead to inference and providence.
i hope somebody gets a lesson of that.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is no news to me since I'm slow and thought a major piracy crackdown already happened. So I stopped downloading illegal torrents about two years ago.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This won't stimulate the economy at all! He should be tackling Same Sex Marriages I'm for that it's a very important issue than this like I said earlier and if Same Sex Marriages get legalized that would fuel the economy honestly Obama maybe smart but this move is just a mistake he should tackle stuff that will stimulate the economy. Legalize Prostitution I'm up for that although it's wrong but people will pay for sex. Also start taxing churches they have a shitload of money but yet they use it for themselves.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
TrapperKeeperX said:
This won't stimulate the economy at all! He should be tackling Same Sex Marriages I'm for that it's a very important issue than this like I said earlier and if Same Sex Marriages get legalized that would fuel the economy honestly Obama maybe smart but this move is just a mistake he should tackle stuff that will stimulate the economy. Legalize Prostitution I'm up for that although it's wrong but people will pay for sex. Also start taxing churches they have a shitload of money but yet they use it for themselves.
Was that a call to legalize prostitution? What, because you can't get get sex anywhere else and you don't want the law hanging over you?

And tax churches? Really?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:

1. Yeah, Same sex marriage should be legalized, not necessarily for fiscal reasons, but it would increase state tax revenue, pay for marriage licenses, and more money to chapels and things.

2. Prostitution is legal in Las Vegas, and look where they're at. It would be good if the prostitutes spent it on things that aren't drugs or going straight to their pimps.

3. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to tax churches (at least it is in Britain...man I hate my western civ course), but either way they don't have that much money. Most of the money that they have is from donations, and most of that goes to charities and such.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
He actually made a secret deal with Nintendo, to scare any pirates from even attempting to crack the 3DS once it comes out.
ph34r.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
TM2-Megatron said:
'tis a shame that these days, when people see "thoughtcrime", their minds turn to something as mundane and pedestrian as Minority Report.
Very well. Sounds like Nineteen Eighty-Four

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Midna said:
Was that a call to legalize prostitution? What, because you can't get get sex anywhere else and you don't want the law hanging over you?

While I don't see how prostitution has much to do with this issue, what would be the big problem with legalizing it? It would be better regulated... safer for both parties involved, etc. It's the world's oldest profession, and it's never going away regardless of how much some prudes might want it to.

Hell, why is polygamy illegal, while we're at it? If the participants are all adults of sound mind, who's the government to say they all can't get married?

QUOTE(Midna @ Jun 23 2010, 05:38 PM) And tax churches? Really?

There are many Churches which are, functionally, more of a business than many businesses. I have no issue with them being taxed. They should contribute to society, like any other organization.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
TM2-Megatron said:
Midna said:

While I don't see how prostitution has much to do with this issue, what would be the big problem with legalizing it? It would be better regulated... safer for both parties involved, etc. It's the world's oldest profession, and it's never going away regardless of how much some prudes might want it to.

Hell, why is polygamy illegal, while we're at it? If the participants are all adults of sound mind, who's the government to say they all can't get married?
But are the participants always alults of sound mind? How did the harems in the middle east go?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jd9ka6fTZUw