Obama Administration Announces Massive Piracy Crackdown

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Raika said:
Pirates? You should be more worried about Assassins, you silly man.
laugh.gif
I agree

Most people buy the (overpriced) products anyway and they still make large profits.

You ever heard of a company who died through Piracy? Don't think so

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
TM2-Megatron said:
'tis a shame that these days, when people see "thoughtcrime", their minds turn to something as mundane and pedestrian as Minority Report.
It's even a step below people thinking about '84 from the grass and absolute shitstain Orwell.

QUOTE(monkat @ Jun 23 2010, 09:38 PM) 3. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to tax churches (at least it is in Britain...man I hate my western civ course), but either way they don't have that much money. Most of the money that they have is from donations, and most of that goes to charities and such.
The catholic church is one of the wealthiest organisations in the world. Other religious organisations may not have quite that level of wealth, but most have plenty stockpiled away.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the sense we feel robbed by these companies who make crappy games,music,movies,etc. we do feel robbed by these companies look at the games,movies,music,etc. that they made that are just horrible we feel robbed and they made a great profit off of it. Some things do deserve their money like really good games,movies,music, etc. but when the crappy companies make crappy stuff and make a profit out of this they're the real crooks.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
The catholic church is one of the wealthiest organisations in the world. Other religious organisations may not have quite that level of wealth, but most have plenty stockpiled away.
Yet those priest are a bunch of kid fuckers and blame the devil for their problems.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Midna said:
But are the participants always alults of sound mind?

What makes the participants any less likely to be of sound mind than just 2 people who want to get married? Because one group you can understand, and the other you don't? Assumptions like that are inherently flawed, as they're based on nothing but groundless human prejudice. It's not a valid argument against banning either polygamy or just plain old marriage.

I have no interest in polygamy myself, but not allowing it is, IMO, ridiculous. Too much of our society is based in silly, outdated, and hypocritical religious versions of "morality".

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
...but they should think "If you can't beat them, join them" just for once. If they slightly increase the price of empty discs (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/etc), the money loss of people pirating on a daily basis is easily solved. Heck, they could even earn more money by doing that.

Oi, I agree.

Posts Merged_________

TrapperKeeperX said:
QUOTE(George Dawes @ Jun 23 2010, 05:59 PM) The catholic church is one of the wealthiest organisations in the world. Other religious organisations may not have quite that level of wealth, but most have plenty stockpiled away.
Yet those priests blame the devil for their problems.
Well, a majority of them don't.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
George Dawes said:
TM2-Megatron said:
'tis a shame that these days, when people see "thoughtcrime", their minds turn to something as mundane and pedestrian as Minority Report.
It's even a step below people thinking about '84 from the grass and absolute shitstain Orwell.
What do you have against Orwell?

QUOTE(George Dawes @ Jun 23 2010, 05:59 PM)
*this quote was trashed*

If I can gather enough accounts of rape by accountants, can we say that all accountants are rapists?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
It's not like this is a new thing, though. Here's a gem from the early 90s... 'cuz we all know that the rampant piracy caused the videogame industry to die out years ago
rolleyes.gif

*snip*

Guild McCommunist said:
DeltaBurnt said:
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Jun 23 2010, 03:49 PM) Knowing the Republicans nowadays they'll probably go all out against any bill he pushes, and for once I'm thankful for that. And the full Democratic party won't be backing this, I assure you.

Piracy won't kill the economy, even games that get millions of downloads still have great sales.

Something tells me that they don't realize that piracy has been around since computer games and floppy drives have existed.

Don't copy that floppy!

Everyone pretty much knows about that
tongue.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Funnily enough, I do not endorse piracy.

However, I certainly will never, ever, ever, vote for anything that this sad pathetic excuse for an administration brings to it's rotting little table.

I'm a die-hard Republican, and even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't vote for this sorry sack of BS.

Sigh...every day my hatred for this administration grows even bigger. It's already too for my heart to contain, and in time will probably be too much for my body to contain either.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Utsuho Reiuji said:

However, I certainly will never, ever, ever, vote for anything that this sad pathetic excuse for an administration brings to it's rotting little table.

I'm a die-hard Republican, and even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't vote for this sorry sack of BS.

Partisan reasons are silly justifications to be for or against anything, IMO. You should actually think about issues prior to deciding, rather than just towing the party line.

Republicans are no better than Democrats, as they try to introduce just as many stupid, pointless bills. They're just as much in the pocket of businesses as Democrats... the only differences are which industries they're most aligned with. Being a "die-hard" member of either is nothing to be proud of, as it only makes you an extremist. The fact you can actually go so far as to "hate" an administration only proves that. Abstract entities aren't worthy of hate.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So they can charge me legally in a court of law if I want to learn what a torrent is and I type "definition torrent" in google? (I occasionally take out words when I search for things) Because they THINK I was going to do something illegal?...

The prince officially declares this completely ridiculous.

Edit: WAIT! Are these new thought crimes felonies? (is piracy a felony?)

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worlok375 said:
So they can charge me legally in a court of law if I want to learn what a torrent is and I type "definition torrent" in google? (I occasionally take out words when I search for things) Because they THINK I was going to do something illegal?...

The prince officially declares this completely ridiculous.
Torrent: a stream of water flowing with great rapidity and violence.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
Utsuho Reiuji said:

Partisan reasons are silly justifications to be for or against anything, IMO. You should actually think about issues prior to deciding, rather than just towing the party line.

Republicans are no better than Democrats, as they try to introduce just as many stupid, pointless bills. They're just as much in the pocket of businesses as Democrats... the only differences are which industries they're most aligned with.

Again, read the bolded statement.

Me being a die-hard republican has nothing to do with this. I could be a die-hard democrat, and guess what....my views would still remain the same.

I already hate our current pathetic excuse of a president more than anything else in the world. I hate his sorry BS administration, I hate everything about him. He shows no Re-guard for our Constitution, no regard to helping this country at all. So far everything he has done has had a negative impact on this country, why should I vote for anything he proposes.

Also, it doesn't help that tons of people fell for his brainwashing, idealistic nature either. It's partially those who voted for him who are to blame.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Massive Piracy Crackdown is silly he has bigger fish to fry "Oil Spill" that's really something to worry about that this "Massive Piracy Crackdown: silly shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1