Official "Missing features" thread: we'll bring them back for you!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There was a feature where you could search members and even filter them through Groups, post count, ect. that was a pretty handy feature actually.
Also
Code:
[m]members screen name[/m]
Doing that that to directly link to a member is missing too.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really a missing feature, but would it be possible to implement a "Spoiler" button similar to the Quote button? Typing is too hard.

Reactions: TyBlood13

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So before, the smiley shortcuts used to be case insensitive, and now they're case sensitive. And it's quite annoying when you're typing something like...
A moment ago - Tom Bombadildo: OOOH...OH GOD...:TPI:
and then it doesn't use the smiley you're trying to post. See? :Cry: :CRy: :cRY: etc etc. Not a big thing, but a little annoyance nonetheless

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I noticed a DS / XBL Friend Code system mentioned for profiles but cant find anything else to do with it, I'm guessing it was part of the old forum system

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im sorry i meant "Today's Pop Toasters"
We have that too- wander over to "Rate the song from the poster before you" and you will see many of the GBAtemp grumpy old bastard contingent posting lots of music rarely less than 20 years old (or from artists that were active back then) and shouting get off our lawn when others try to come post newer "music" (I might be one of the grumpy old bastard contingent).

Unless of course you mean the deep fried cola discussions, in that case make a thread about food and it will probably veer immediately towards heart attack central.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heading there now

EDIT on a serious note, it would be nice to have the option to customize the things one the "Forums" tab like the homepage is. I would like to see recent topics (like the window on the home page lets you) and possibly recent blogs? What Mod and people you follow is nice, but id rather see topics.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
At least an option to show all threads, rather than excluding the ones you have read. It makes it very hard to go back and find a thread from a few days back that you want to re-read / reference.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
At least an option to show all threads, rather than excluding the ones you have read. It makes it very hard to go back and find a thread from a few days back that you want to re-read / reference.
I kinda think that's there. Depending on which listing you're looking at the option to show everything is either at the top right or the bottom left of the list. Just above or below it. The other thread lists don't hide them for me. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I kinda think that's there. Depending on which listing you're looking at the option to show everything is either at the top right or the bottom left of the list. Just above or below it. The other thread lists don't hide them for me. Maybe I'm missing something here.
Sorry, should have made myself clearer. Yes if you're on 'What's New' there's a button but I'd prefer to have a permanent option that I can tick in the User CP rather than pressing a button every time.

Also, there's no button at all if you navigate by forum.

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The customizable rss feed was great! I could live without it though, if i was able to only subscribe to the articles that show up on the front page.
The feed that's being linked to by the rss icon at the bottom of the page contains a lot of forum posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you