Homebrew WIP [Official] switch-lan-play

TheTerrarianBrony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this work with emulators like yuzu or ryujinx?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can this work on emulators like yuzu or ryujinx, and if they can, can you do it on Pokemon sword/shield?

alixglt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Greatings!

I am having problems installing on Mac

I ran the brew install libpcap libuv command and everything was correct

In the step of the command sudo ./lan-play-macos and the message "Commando not found" appears.

I search on the google and found this solution:

Sounds like a bad path environmental, try:
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

I've done this step and still can't make Lan-play work. Still showing Command not found

ps. I am running the commands from inside the folder where the file lan-play-macos.dmg is

Thanks for the help!

Did you find the way? I have the same problem

thx

Yhodarks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sorry for bothering, but I'm trying to help a friend to setup Lan Play on his switch, but he has a Windows Vista Laptop. Everything seems to work fine, but we cant see on game. So I'm here asking for help. Did i miss something related to Vista?, or is better to try get another PC with windows 7 or 10?
btw i made him install WinPCap, because is Vista compatible.
Thanks for your help.

Sofiando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, can someone help me to set up for Dragon Quest Builders 2 ? It requires Wireless Mode, but before I had to accept the terms and conditions of SQUARE ENIX, can't connect without remove the DNS, is it the only option ?

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a dedi server that runs 24/7 any way i can set this up to where my friends can connect to my server via ip and we can all play together? as in host a lobby

wii07

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
One question: Do you guys turn stuff like 90DNS off when you use lan play to get a better upload/download speed? While you using it, the nintendo server cant build up a connection to yout switch anyway i guess?

Why i am thinking of that: When i use the hbg loader for updates (my switch is banned), it runs much faster downloading, when i have 90DNS off.

So in conclusion, wouldnt also the lan play connection be faster with turned that of while playing?

Maksbaisnavwujbs

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am having some problems when I installing on my Mac
So once I type the ip port in, It do shows "pcap loop star"t, but then have some error like:

[DEBUG]: packet init buffer 0x106ed4bb0
Server IP: 140.206.251.65 (<-- the case use this IP address

If I try with other IP address. it may show something like:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you find the way? I have the same problem

thx
chomd the file works for me when I have this problem.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I get an error with ldn_mitm when I activate it, my Atmosphere just crashes on reboot. use de Last Firmware (11.0) and Last Atmosphere (0.16.0-p2)

Keriam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
If I understand correctly this homebrew : we have to use our own server or use a public one. Is there any website with a list of public servers ? I would like to play Diablo 3 : I have bought the game long time ago but my switch is banned so I cannot play online.

thanks

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to set up this using a rapsberry pi?

Thanks!! I dont want to turn on my computer everytime I want to play a game

GloriousCheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
so I was wondering, is there any way to do Lan Play without going through a PC? Maybe can make the program to work using the Switch itself?

VeniaSilente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It has been explained before but I don't think there is.

Hopefully someone more understanding of the tech behind this will correct me but in the meantime:

The architecture of the lan-play system is such that you setup your Switch to connect to a private network (*not* a VPN), broadcast over your wifi, and on which the connection to their router is done via a routing mechanism on a second machine (your PC) that pretends to be the real lan-server (that's the closest we get to the "V" in VPN). Your Switch doesn't have to do any more actual work in this respect, only the actual game's local play protocol needs to be considered (and that is done via protocol injection / "man in the middle" (mitm) ).

For the Switch to be able to do on this by its own, the first and foremost thing that would be needed would be that its wireless interface driver was able to host two IPs on two networks (which I already don't know if it's physically doable) so that it can connect to the real wifi for the actual internet access and to the private network at the same time; then it would have the ability to add routing tables that lead to itself, so your Switch can see "a different machine" (itself but on the other network) as the routing exit. And *then* it'd still have to have enough memory and CPU left to run the slp component itself that does the redirection.

Considering that things like Tesla menu overlays get very little leeway to work on the Switch, it's unlikely that all this would work.

OTOH, it's almost fire-and-forget to run the slp component on a Linux machine (there's a docker image for it), or on an Android phone (there's a package for F-Droid).

GloriousCheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It has been explained before but I don't think there is.

Hopefully someone more understanding of the tech behind this will correct me but in the meantime:

The architecture of the lan-play system is such that you setup your Switch to connect to a private network (*not* a VPN), broadcast over your wifi, and on which the connection to their router is done via a routing mechanism on a second machine (your PC) that pretends to be the real lan-server (that's the closest we get to the "V" in VPN). Your Switch doesn't have to do any more actual work in this respect, only the actual game's local play protocol needs to be considered (and that is done via protocol injection / "man in the middle" (mitm) ).

For the Switch to be able to do on this by its own, the first and foremost thing that would be needed would be that its wireless interface driver was able to host two IPs on two networks (which I already don't know if it's physically doable) so that it can connect to the real wifi for the actual internet access and to the private network at the same time; then it would have the ability to add routing tables that lead to itself, so your Switch can see "a different machine" (itself but on the other network) as the routing exit. And *then* it'd still have to have enough memory and CPU left to run the slp component itself that does the redirection.

Considering that things like Tesla menu overlays get very little leeway to work on the Switch, it's unlikely that all this would work.

OTOH, it's almost fire-and-forget to run the slp component on a Linux machine (there's a docker image for it), or on an Android phone (there's a package for F-Droid).

now that's a very informative reply. thanks a lot. :bow:

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work but online is useless to me. I like to play alone and offline. I want to finish the game to the end, that's all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi