Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
omg :) actually thought progress had stopped. too happy to see this :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

just looking at the download link. what do we actually need to install? previously it was one uwp and one dependency @ploggy if you could assist at all please?

Hey man, yeah great news!!
You can uninstall your current Retroarch build and install this one if you just want to use the Mupen64plus Next Core for now or you can wait for @dominater01 to make a new build with all the other Core's included too. it's up to you

But if you do want to just try the new Mupen64plus next core..
Install the "RetroArch-msvc2017-UWP_1.0.17.0_x64.appxbundle" file and install the provided "Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx" dependency file too.. just to be safe ;)

I think I need to update the OP :D

Well guys I told you keep the faith lol

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey man, yeah great news!!
You can uninstall your current Retroarch build and install this one if you just want to use the Mupen64plus Next Core for now or you can wait for @dominater01 to make a new build with all the other Core's included too. it's up to you

But if you do want to just try the new Mupen64plus next core.. uninstall your current build.
Install the "RetroArch-msvc2017-UWP_1.0.17.0_x64.appxbundle" file and install the provided "Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx" dependency file too.. just to be safe ;)

I think I need to update the OP :D

Well guys I told you keep the faith lol
thanks dude will hopefully be trying this out in the next couple hours. also was the problem with dev mode sorted out? i read people having issues on one of the latest updates. has the issue been resolved? and my faith is fully restored :)

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks dude will hopefully be trying this out in the next couple hours. also was the problem with dev mode sorted out? i read people having issues on one of the latest updates. has the issue been resolved? and my faith is fully restored :)

which issue? i have managed to play this build fine. I haven't tried to restart the xbox and try to boot retroarch yet tho.
This is just the beginning, hopefully we can expect more nice gifts before the end of the year. :P

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
which issue? i have managed to play this build fine. I haven't tried to restart the xbox and try to boot retroarch yet tho.
This is just the beginning, hopefully we can expect more nice gifts before the end of the year. :P
some users where saying that once you reboot to dev mode the things you had installed need re-installing? maybe i miss read

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick note to all... You DONT have to uninstall your old build to install this.. I was wrong, this build and the old build play well together.. So you can keep all your old cores on the old build and n64 on the new build ;)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick note to all... You DONT have to uninstall your old build to install this.. I was wrong, this build and the old build play well together.. So you can keep all your old cores on the old build and n64 on the new build ;)
dohh.... as ive just deleted and installed the n64 version lol testing conkers bad fur day :)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
ahh shit sorry, i tried to reply here as soon as i found out :/
thats cool dude. i dont really use retroarch on xbox unless im testing new things like this. will probable wait for new release with n64 and other cores together. conkers bad fur day is working really well or better then it does on the switch. with real minor slow downs

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
well im using xbox one x not sure if it differs yet between console versions. but im playing conkers very well. literally minor slow downs. anywhere i could share a video?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i gave it a different id but same name :P
Wouldnt know if that works

well im using xbox one x not sure if it differs yet between console versions. but im playing conkers very well. literally minor slow downs. anywhere i could share a video?
So you can confirm me it works there?
Make sure to try 16:9 adjusted which is true widescreen, wonder if it can manage 4k?

Last edited by m4xw,

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i gave it a different id but same name :P
Wouldnt know if that works

So you can confirm me it works there?
yes defo works dude :) admit-able ive only had it on for 20 minutes. one thing i am experiencing is i cant shut down/close retroarch through the xbox but i can through device portal. anyone else have this issue?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes defo works dude :) admit-able ive only had it on for 20 minutes. one thing i am experiencing is i cant shut down/close retroarch through the xbox but i can through device portal. anyone else have this issue?
probably crash on close, i wouldnt be surprised. I need to fix my msvc build, rn I am doing some weird shit, its a major surprise it even works so good hah

Reactions: jammybudga777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.