Okami HD announced for Switch

gOecX5I.png

Capcom's beloved cult classic action game, Okami will be on the Switch, as revealed in the Direct. It'll launch later this summer. There will be touchscreen controls in tablet mode, or Joy-con motion controls with TV mode for the paintbrush.

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woah woah, i do poke fun of switch and its stuff from time to time, but that was a bit, harsh... let people buy and play what they want, at least, okami is pretty cheap on the other platforms, if the $19.99 price tag applies to the switch version then i see nothing wrong with people wanting it.
Interesting point you've made. I REALLY want to see how much Capcom priced this game compared to the other platforms they gave.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
why not? wouldnt it be easier on eshop than looking for a physical copy? am sure it's also cheaper.
I don't have any easy way to purchase things online
I believe I have a friend who has the DS port, maybe I will ask her if I can have the game for a while to try it

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope this is better than the ps3 port. Great in terms of both action and puzzles.
Also slightly offended a pagan religion is called cult, but I am not Japanese.

Last edited by Yil,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe I have a friend who has the DS port, maybe I will ask her if I can have the game for a while to try it

i believe the DS port was a completely different game? i could be wrong since i haven't played any from the series before.

Reactions: DinohScene

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all the people that will get triggered here are just a bunch of mindless sheep that lazy corperations can have their way with. Amazing how nothing new, with a little marketing will compel people to throw their money at nothing new. Oh well... They say a fool parts with his money every second of every day...

Valid point, however, there are a whole generation of people who haven’t owned any game systems prior to Switch...kids born in 2008 would experience every single Switch game as “new”.

I like to think of the ports as bonus while they work on the blockbuster new games coming.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm going to cry if it will be priced at 60 dollars.
It should be below that amount.
considering there is no phisical release i bet it will not be switch taxed since that is for the prices of cartriges, and nintendo forces the phisical price to be the same as digital, thats why devs do the switch tax or add stuff to the phisical release like soundtracks and such.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the ds one is a sequel to this ones, the okami was released on ps2 originaly, remastered for wii,xbox360,ps3 latter and now remastered again for ps4,xb1 and switch. the ds release is a sequel to the original okami not the same game,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all the people that will get triggered here are just a bunch of mindless sheep that lazy corperations can have their way with. Amazing how nothing new, with a little marketing will compel people to throw their money at nothing new. Oh well... They say a fool parts with his money every second of every day...
Sheep.. Hm... Originality is dead. So, I have to wonder what imaginary world you're living in.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Sheep.. Hm... Originality is dead. So, I have to wonder what imaginary world you're living in.
Originality is dead precisely because of the sheep that keep buying the same old rehashed stuff, over, and over. What incentive is there to innovate, and make anything original when you can get all the sheep to make you wealthy by buying the same thing again and again. Much easier for a company to put money into marketing the same old as being new, than to put that money into actually making something new and original. Too much risk with investing into new and original when you know the sheep will keep filling your coffers by purchasing the same old.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...