Homebrew Old 2ds won't turn on anymore

Frenchbacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my old 2ds to 11.14 and installed the newest version of luma and now it won't turn back on. When I boot it up, the power light turns on and after a second it will turn itself back off. If I try and boot into godmode 9 the same thing happens. Did I miss something to download or am I just boned.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my old 2ds to 11.14 and installed the newest version of luma and now it won't turn back on. When I boot it up, the power light turns on and after a second it will turn itself back off. If I try and boot into godmode 9 the same thing happens. Did I miss something to download or am I just boned.
No, just one of the hundreds to ask about this and needing to be informed of downloading and putting the 10.2.1 luma boot.firm on the sd card root. https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases

Frenchbacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done that already, this happened after I had installed that and after a couple of days

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

discard my earler post, I put only the boot.firm. Did I need the luma3ds.zip file?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Please, turn on your console while pressing SELECT button. If Luma config menu appears, then take a picture to the entire screens of your console and post here.

If nothing different happens, then check your SD card, because possibly is faulty or damaged (try to make a backup of all the content of the SD card, and then perform quadruple reformat + H2TestW). Or use in change another clean SD card (formatted on FAT32: with 32kB cluster size, primary partition, MBR table), and put the boot.firm and the boot.3dsx from Luma CFW latest version on root.

Last edited by fmkid,

Frenchbacon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, turn on your console while pressing SELECT button. If Luma config menu appears, then take a picture to the entire screens of your console and post here.

If nothing different happens, then check your SD card, because possibly is faulty or damaged (try to make a backup of all the content of the SD card, and then perform quadruple reformat + H2TestW). Or use in change another clean SD card (formatted on FAT32: with 32kB cluster size, primary partition, MBR table), and put the boot.firm and the boot.3dsx from Luma CFW latest version on root.
sorry about the late response but it did not work for me, I have not tried using a different SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol