Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

jimmmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, apologies guys, I know this has been asked before but after following numerous pieces of advice posted so far I have been unsuccessful in managing to load loadiine.

I purchased a WiiU that was 4.0.0E which I straight away upgraded to 5.3.2E with Yoshi's Wooly World. I then went ahead with trying to run the exploits and struggled a lot but finally got the AIO exploit to work by hosting locally using the DefinitivePackage from the Definitive Guide thread on this forum. I could not and have not since been able to get any of the hosted solutions to work. The problem is that then going on to run the loadiine option afterwards (as soon as it asks "press a or B" and I select B and it returns to the menu and I go straight back into the browser) always results in a frozen browser. I have read that this could be down to the web server so have tried a number of different ones, including MiniWeb as previously suggested elsewhere but always get the same problem. I have also tried multiple variations of loadiine, always ensuring I copy the payload html + accompanying elfs as well as launching the kernel exploit from local and then trying to load loadiine from one of the kind people who are hosting, including EclipseSin.

I have also tried taking a local copy of EclipseSin's github and running through various servers but I can never get the kernel exploit to run, it just freezes the browser, when the DefinitivePackage AIO exploit normally runs 1 out of ever 3/4 attempts (when it fails it normally gives a race condition warning, very occasionally just freezing the browser). I have created a mii locally, I have not connected my account to a nintendo ID and I have never run Smash Brothers, though I have the disc ready, the only game I have run and created a save in so far is Yoshi's Wooly World. I am connecting directly to the internet but with Tubehacks DNS.

I realise that this is all very new and there will be teething problems but if anyone has experienced anything similar to me and has any tips then I would be very grateful! Apologies for waffling on so long and thanks to everyone here who has been kind enough to provide builds, feedback and assistance to others, I know I and many others really appreciate that :grog:

Reactions: Inuk

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for the new host. I'll add it to the first post too.

just a thing in your tutorial:
If it was successful, you'll be kicked out to the WiiU Menu again.
Then open the MiiMaker-Channel,

are you hosting the 1.0a?
the new loadiine releases are now auto-booting to miimaker. And even autobooting the game (no return to home menu to launch SSBB).
Auto-boot doesn't seem to work for everyone, so you can keep that step. you can remove "run miimaker" though.

jimmmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me but it sounds like maybe my WiiU is an annoyingly special case! The kernel exploit always freezes the browser, I never get the black screen with white lines or any kind of message and have to hard reset. Does running the kernel exploit successfully first time make any kind of permanent change to the WiiU (as people say it's always easier after you first get it working) and could it be that having the AIO one where you have to pick A or B to load the different exploits worked on my console mean that the other exploits wont? I don't think I have seen a hosted option for the AIO one outside of the DefinitivePackage one.

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that SSB is on the compatibility list lol. I mean it should be for completeness sake, but awesome to think that someone would use SSB to launch SSB through loadiine :)
No I i'm talking about the fact that you have to have SSB in order to run this at all, so you don't need to run it in loadiine.

jimmmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@jimmmeh
Try it with the attached Version(should work).

You, sir, are my hero! Thank you so much. That worked first time! If you don't mind me asking, what is different about that version (and which version is it exactly??) that made it work in my case? Would be good to know so I can keep up with future developments. I am a software developer by trade, though admittedly, and don't judge me here, primarily using Microsoft technologies...so could always set up my system to compile off the latest code if required.

Send me a PM on here if you have paypal, would like to buy you a beer so to speak!

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You, sir, are my hero! Thank you so much. That worked first time! If you don't mind me asking, what is different about that version (and which version is it exactly??) that made it work in my case? Would be good to know so I can keep up with future developments. I am a software developer by trade, though admittedly, and don't judge me here, primarily using Microsoft technologies...so could always set up my system to compile off the latest code if required.

Send me a PM on here if you have paypal, would like to buy you a beer so to speak!
It's the latest Version(https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/commit/ca93643d666309a2e8bb975a798400eca1dc470b).
You can see the differences here: https://github.com/wj444/libwiiu/commits/master/framework/html/template532.html
@Marionumber1 @Relys it didn't fix things.

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I convert my .wud files to RPX/RPL to prepare them for Loadiine?

VGMToolbox or CDecrypt works. uwizard is a great GUI for CDecrypt. You will need to extract the Code and Content folders and prepare them for your loadiine version. WUDs are encrypted so you will also need your title key and WiiU common key to satisfy any of the mentioned programs.

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've downloaded latest dimok release, there is a www folder wich contains these files:
files65098.jpg

Are these files enouth for the kernel exploit and loadiine loading?
Its just one index.html, does it give a selection menu on the wiiu browser to choose exploit or loadiine?

Thanks in advance.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded latest dimok release, there is a www folder wich contains these files:
files65098.jpg

Are these files enouth for the kernel exploit and loadiine loading?
Its just one index.html, does it give a selection menu on the wiiu browser to choose exploit or loadiine?

Thanks in advance.
That's not the exploit, it's only Loadiine.

Reactions: frankGT

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

It's so weird. I get 80% successful rate when running kexploit and loadiine/mod using localhost.

I think that the installer which has attached on wj44's post is just a version of loadiine. Your problem is about running the kexploit. We all need to run the kexploit first before running any version of loadiine. The kexploit is hit-and-miss procudure. You will get low successful rate when running it online while will get higher chance using localhost. About to fix the failed loading of kexploit, you can use the procedure on WUP installer thread (common issues)

jimmmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that the installer which has attached on wj44's post is just a version of loadiine. Your problem is about running the kexploit. We all need to run the kexploit first before running any version of loadiine. The kexploit is hit-and-miss procudure. You will get low successful rate when running it online while will get higher chance using localhost. About to fix the failed loading of kexploit, you can use the procedure on WUP installer thread (common issues)

Hey thaikhoa, not quite, running the kexploit was always fine, but only locally, none of the remote links worked for me at all. The local kexploit (the AIO choose A or B one) sometimes works first time, sometimes took 2 or 3 attempts. The problem was that then loading loadiine afterwards ALWAYS froze the whole system up, every time, no matter which versions I tried. The one attached was the first one to successfully load on my WiiU AFTER the kexploit successfully ran.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey thaikhoa, not quite, running the kexploit was always fine, but only locally, none of the remote links worked for me at all. The local kexploit (the AIO choose A or B one) sometimes works first time, sometimes took 2 or 3 attempts. The problem was that then loading loadiine afterwards ALWAYS froze the whole system up, every time, no matter which versions I tried. The one attached was the first one to successfully load on my WiiU AFTER the kexploit successfully ran.

It looks like you have used the wrong version of kexploit. However, luckily, the new version of loadiine has fixed the issue. I'm using the kexploit which's released with the first version of loadiine (golden45). It's working perfectly with all versions of loadiine.

assassin.creed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, just signed up here as i am looking to buy wii u and seems like the only hack compatible version is 5.3.2 - so i will ask the obvious dumb questions

- by chance if the console i get has a higher version, is there anyway to downgrade? yes/no?
- if the version is lower than 5.3.2 is there way a to bring it to 5.3.2 .. because obviously going to Nintendo server will directly push the latest version.
- someone has any tips on buying wii u? which bundle/version might have 5.3.2?

i have a bunch of JTAG and Xkey360 xboxes and now looking to get a wii u but would want to be able to jailbreak. thanks to all the champs who are making it possible.

any help is greatly appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow