On a rainy day found something valuable

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Today was a rainy day and the first time this year that I walked to school while raining. I go through a semi busy sidewalk and while I was near my school I found a 16GB IPod Touch. I first thought that it was one of my friends but when I asked her if she lost her ITouch she said no. So I just decided to keep it and left it in my bag. After I got home I knew it wouldnt work because it was in a puddle of water before I got it. I tried turning it on but didnt work so I charged it and it seemed to work. It works fine but theres no name of the original owner in the ipod. Should I bring it to the office and tell the principle/guidence that I found it near the school and someone might have lost it or should I keep it? Theres one problem though and it's that the ipod keeps leaking out water from the sides and some of the water is probably in it. Anyone knows how to fix this like by opening the thing and blow dry it or wipe it off with towel.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't try to open it, just let it sit for a few days and the water will dry out by itself. As for returning it or not, you should probably bring it to the office (tell no one), and if anyone reports one missing, they'll get it back, but if no one does after a week or so, then they let you keep it.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Certainly don't put it in the oven.
rolleyes.gif
Can anyone find that Yahoo! Anwsers question, that was lol.

I would keep it until someone complains that they lost it, and don't tell anyone, give it a month, anyone could go to the office to claim it. Just don't tell anyone, and if someone says they lost an iPod Touch, tell them you found it.

or

Keep it.(best option)

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never bring it to the office since they might keep it for themselves. Just hold on to it until you hear about someone losing their ipod and ask them questions hinting to the one you found, if theyre identical.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and one strange thing is that right now theres a raffle ticket sale for a new Ipod Touch 16GB :S

Daihatsuboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd go with what DeMoN said. Not very smart to go announcing that an iPod with no name was found. Everyone would be jumping at you, including me.
smile.gif

-Guess you won't be needing to enter that raffle now, huh? lol

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I only asked one of my friends if she lost it and contacting her right now to not tell anyone else XP

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Normally I'd say keep it, but seeing as I would be very upset if I lost mine - I would tell your principal if any student shows up asking if their iPod Touch has shown up, then let you know.

alltooamorous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I ever lose something, I don't expect to get it back..

If I were you, I would keep it. Yeah it may seem selfish and inconsiderate, but is it my fault that someone lost their iPod? Think of it as finding money on the floor. It's hard to trace the 5 dollar bill to its original owner.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your doing the right thing. If it were me, I'd just keep it and say a friend gave it to me lol. But yeah, hold onto it and see if anyone is missing it. And like ENDscape said and if people ask saying there looking for one, question them and see if they have a match.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow nice find
biggrin.gif
I would keep it personally since I have been trying to get one for a while now
wacko.gif

Lol today I was walking home with my friend and I opened up a recycle trash can on the sidewalk to throw away my soda can, and it was full of BRAND NEW shoes, and some used clothes/hats. Got me some brand new free vans
tongue.gif

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I discussed with my friend and lucky we might know who it belongs to because of the music and videos in the ipod but no photos tho :S. We might think it's this selfish/rich girl's ipod and if it is then give it back to the selfish girl >:/

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinBlades said:
Ok I discussed with my friend and lucky we might know who it belongs to because of the music and videos in the ipod but no photos tho :S. We might think it's this selfish/rich girl's ipod and if it is then give it back to the selfish girl >:/
In that case, don't give it back.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sucks that she's a selfish rich girl, but stealing is stealing i'm afraid.

If the roles were reversed and you lost your Ipod, you'd probably be distraught. Even if she's rich I'm sure its her parents who bought it for her... she might be in trouble and stuff.

As nice as a free ipod is, do the right thing!

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I lost my Ipod last week
frown.gif
but I hope the finder is very happy and that I let him hear my music
biggrin.gif

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Raiyu245 In that case, don't give it back.
Lol ya thats what we were thinking
By the way Raiyu245 whats your signature picture of? I think I seen it before but the girl had brown hair :S
Forgot to mention that she already lost her Ipod Touch and got a new one.. and this might be the one

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you find the owner within the week then give it back, if you don't, keep it, simple! Or maybe sell it if you need cash.

On another note, a selfish personality should really stop being a stereotype for rich people...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1