Hardware Online $17.50 -$26.50 allegedly

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect it will mostly be cheap Westerners that won't pay as a well. Which is fine by me because the best Splatoon players are Asian and it just isn't any fun getting stuck in a lobby with crappy players like "Dad" or "Timmy".

*incoming* :)

it probably has to do with the fact that those cheap Westerners do not want to settle for a possibly inferior (speed, features, and possibly reliability) service that Nintendo now wants to charge for. If the service is good and the up-time is good then people will pay for it. People want to spend money on services and goods that they feel will benefit them, and Nintendo has never attempted to run a paid online service before so most of us are concerned that that may fail to pull it off.

Last edited by driverdis,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the joycons need a charger if you play a wireless game, when is the joy con charger essential?
And these days im good, just trying to get WIi U exploit working, its really hard, I cant run WUP Installer, any tips?
The Joyless Cons have 20 hour battery life, the Switch tablet is like 3-6 hours run time and the joyless cons will charge when connect to tablet and docked. So you have mess up at least three tablet charge cycles and forget to connect them before they will run dead. If you have a second set of joyless cons maybe a grip charger or charger stand makes a little sense but still it isn't really necessary until you get like 3 or 4 sets of the joyless wonders to each Switch you have. If you can afford that then the charger is a drop in the blood bucket.

Just take care of your expensive shit and you will be fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it probably has to do with the fact that those cheap Westerners do not want to settle for a possibly inferior (speed, features, and possibly reliability) service that Nintendo now wants to charge for. If the service is good and the up-time is good then people will pay for it. People want to spend money on services and goods that they feel will benefit them, and Nintendo has never attempted to run a paid online service before so most of us are concerned that that may fail to pull it off.

Maybe they will make us pay the whole year up front or maybe like iCloud they will just charge my PayPal account $2 a month. Not sure, but if it doesn't work out just cancel or just call and bitch and they will probably give you a refund. Most any business that operates a service in the US will because they don't want you causing a shitstorm on social media over small change. It's not worth it to them.

On top of that if you pay with a credit card or PayPal you can file a charge back or file a dispute. It's not worth their time to fight a $30 charge, they would rather just part ways.

Last edited by thorasgar,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see it now. Nintendo down and they send you an email were save here is one extra
Pricing is fine. Just hoping that since they're charging for it their servers are going to be a
I thought the joycons need a charger if you play a wireless game, when is the joy con charger essential?
And these days im good, just trying to get WIi U exploit working, its really hard, I cant run WUP Installer, any tips?

Joycon only charge when the switch is being charged.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
tbh looking at the launch lineup besides splatton and mk8 what games will even have online? the thing is look at wiiu so manny few games had online that is basicaly worthless to pay for online, switch will be the same.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
The Joyless Cons have 20 hour battery life, the Switch tablet is like 3-6 hours run time and the joyless cons will charge when connect to tablet and docked. So you have mess up at least three tablet charge cycles and forget to connect them before they will run dead. If you have a second set of joyless cons maybe a grip charger or charger stand makes a little sense but still it isn't really necessary until you get like 3 or 4 sets of the joyless wonders to each Switch you have. If you can afford that then the charger is a drop in the blood bucket.

Just take care of your expensive shit and you will be fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe they will make us pay the whole year up front or maybe like iCloud they will just charge my PayPal account $2 a month. Not sure, but if it doesn't work out just cancel or just call and bitch and they will probably give you a refund. Most any business that operates a service in the US will because they don't want you causing a shitstorm on social media over small change. It's not worth it to them.

On top of that if you pay with a credit card or PayPal you can file a charge back or file a dispute. It's not worth their time to fight a $30 charge, they would rather just part ways.

I see, Also if I have it in handheld mode on the tablet is it still losing battery life, although that isnt much of an issue due to USB-C so regardless it wouldn't really matter

Price point for this system is so good and battery life for joycon is rather good too

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, Also if I have it in handheld mode on the tablet is it still losing battery life, although that isnt much of an issue due to USB-C so regardless it wouldn't really matter

Price point for this system is so good and battery life for joycon is rather good too
What I have heard is the joyless Cons will not draw from the Switch battery unless the battery in the joyless cons is near critical. So I guess the only restriction in this case is tabletop mode is not possible if the joyless cons are low.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
What I have heard is the joyless Cons will not draw from the Switch battery unless the battery in the joyless cons is near critical. So I guess the only restriction in this case is tabletop mode is not possible if the joyless cons are low.

Awesome news, thanks
I think my favourite mode will be handheld mode,
TV mode #2 (with joycon, i wont get pro yet)
Tabletop mode #3 (with joycon, i wont get pro yet)

So many options and ways to play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT