Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Been told I'm in first batch
All first batch Pre orders will be shipped Monday
Was hoping for today or earlier :(
But it all make senese, they are shipping from europe.
Most of the other companies are shipping from HONG KONG / other places in ASIA, where the SX PRO Is made.
Online-trends is shipping from EUROPE, so they have to recieve the SX PRO from Asia, and then ship it to the customers.

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked when my SX Pro would be shipped and was told the 2nd, I'm going away the 6th though so it's cutting it pretty close. I'm now wondering if I need the Pro at all and whether I should cancel and just order a key for the OS. You only actually need to use the Pro dongle/or connect to the PC once right? Once you install the OS there's an option to make your Switch always bootto the OS-select screen isn't there?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I asked when my SX Pro would be shipped and was told the 2nd, I'm going away the 6th though so it's cutting it pretty close. I'm now wondering if I need the Pro at all and whether I should cancel and just order a key for the OS. You only actually need to use the Pro dongle/or connect to the PC once right? Once you install the OS there's an option to make your Switch always bootto the OS-select screen isn't there?
There is AutoRCM which enables that your console will automatically boot in RCM at startup. If you install AutoRCM, you won't need to use a hardmode aka jig anymore. But if you power off your console, you need to inject the payload (connect your switch to your PC or plug in the dongle of the SX Pro) again. Therefore, it's recommended to keep your console in sleep mode instead of powering it off, so that you don't need to inject the payload every time.

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
There is AutoRCM which enables that your console will automatically boot in RCM at startup. If you install AutoRCM, you won't need to use a hardmode aka jig anymore. But if you power off your console, you need to inject the payload (connect your switch to your PC or plug in the dongle of the SX Pro) again. Therefore, it's recommended to keep your console in sleep mode instead of powering it off, so that you don't need to inject the payload every time.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up - so it probably will be handy to have the dongle then in case it powers off for any reason (eg running out of battery).

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up - so it probably will be handy to have the dongle then in case it powers off for any reason (eg running out of battery).
When you are using AutoRCM never drain your battery until it's completely empty. After AutoRCM is installed on your console, the BCT (Boot Configuration Table) is bricked and you can't charge your switch while you are not in CFW or OFW. So if you turn off your switch and want to charge it, you first have to connect the dongle, boot in CFW or OFW and then connect the cable to charge it. Just attaching the cable while the switch is turned off won't work anymore. Solution: Keep your switch in sleep mode and always charge it if your battery level gets low. Never let your battery drain until it's empty.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
When you are using AutoRCM never drain your battery until it's completely empty. After AutoRCM is installed on your console, the BCT (Boot Configuration Table) is bricked and you can't charge your switch while your not in CFW or OFW. So if you turn off your switch and wan't to charge it, you first have to connect the dongle, boot in CFW or OFW and than connect the cable to charge it. Just attaching the cable while the switch is turned off won't work anymore. Solution: Keep your switch in sleep mode and always charge it if your battery level gets low. Never let your battery drain until it's empty.
That's a pretty big concern, hopefully they can patch that bug out soon - thanks for letting me know!

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
That is no bug, neither can it be patched. The Recovery Mode simply does not allow charging.

But the console being completely off is different to it being in recovery mode right? At the moment, after using AutoRCM if the console runs out of battery are we totally screwed?

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But the console being completely off is different to it being in recovery mode right? At the moment, after using AutoRCM if the console runs out of battery are we totally screwed?
Well if you'r bct is not corrupt upon plugging in a power source the switch will boot HOS and charge, but since your bct is corrupt, upon plugging in a power source the switch will boot the recovery mode and not charge, thus the recovery mode does not init the screen you also won't notice it.

If you completely drain off battery, you can either remove the battery and charge it up, or boot the hekate payload, plug in a power source and boot hos, a battery icon will light up on the left upper corner and after around 20-30 mins the switch will have enough power to complete the boot

Reactions: Z00T

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok, thanks for explaining - maybe a charge function could be added to the recovery mode, or an alternate bct could be injected or something?

Getting back on topic I've received an email from online-trends saying that it'll take 5-10 business days to arrive meaning that it'll rock up 7th-12th July which isn't ideal as I'm going away on the 6th - does anyone know of a reliable, alternative UK supplier I could use instead?

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"The reason being that the manufacturer has shipped to us much less units than what we have ordered and paid for.

But we can guarantee that the shipment of 9th July you will be included.

We understand your anticipation and frustration and if you want to cancel your order and receive a full refund, we will be happy to do so.

Sincerely,

Online Trends"

Im pissed off :hateit: (Ordered 14th June)

Last edited by DJPAUL1990,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: