Only using SYSNAND? how long? and are you banned yet?

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked this morning and my Switch is finally banned. Been using SXOS and Atmosphere since they were available, always on emunand. Oh well

Last edited by digipimp75,

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Your reason to not have emunand is pretty dumb to be honest.

It's nice that you haven't been banned, but when and if you get banned you'll be pretty disappointed anyway, even when you know you're risking it and still plan to go along with it.

In my book, adding the risk is just not worth it. I mean, what's the point?
Buying a bigger SD card is way less expensive than buying a new Switch because you want to use sysnand on a banned unit.
You can literally enjoy the best of both worlds by having emunand.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

It's nice that you haven't been banned, but when and if you get banned you'll be pretty disappointed anyway, even when you know you're risking it and still plan to go along with it.

Buying a bigger SD card is way less expensive than buying a new Switch because you want to use sysnand on a banned unit.
Hmm?

Far as I can tell, they use their homebrew mods and custom sysmodules on games that they play online. They don't have any additional protection to gain from using emummc. It genuinely only wastes space on their SD card, for them.

gouki99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
From the Banning & Warning Hub:

I've been using Atmosphere on sysNAND exclusively for well over a year now. The console stays online at all times, and I play games online and use the eshop regularly. I run 60fps cheats, layeredfs mods, save exporting via JKSV and no pirated content. So far so good. Note that I also live in the EU and have unchecked all data sharing and usage info boxes. Only time I leave CFW is when I update my system.

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just checked this morning and my Switch is finally banned. I have been using SXOS and Atmosphere since they were available, always on emunand. Oh, well lol
These kinds of statements always make me anxious. Lol.
There is a lot of variation in the factors of being banned, and to make it worse, it can happen randomly..
I have my serial blanked on EmuNAND as well, I have blocked the Nintendo servers. The closest thing I've done on SysNand, is to inject a save file into MK8 Deluxe.

Reactions: digipimp75

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use sysnand with cfw for legit bought games online, have run sysbots multiple times, save editing, cheats, and mods. I use a incognito'd emunand for all my pirating needs. been doing this for 3years now, still not banned.

My new isp f**ed me the day before yesterday, when they bypassed 90dns. Today I got banned, my sysnand cannot connect to Nintendo.
this is why exosphere or incognito is recommended over 90dns.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These kinds of statements always make me anxious. Lol.
There is a lot of variation in the factors of being banned, and to make it worse, it can happen randomly..
I have my serial blanked on EmuNAND as well, I have blocked the Nintendo servers. The closest thing I've done on SysNand, is to inject a save file into MK8 Deluxe.

Yeah I really don't know what it could've been. Every once in a while I would login to the eshop on sysnand just to make sure it wasn't banned, and the last time I successfully logged in was about a month or two ago. I never run any kind of homebrew on sysnand, and I always have airplane mode on while in emunand, unless I'm ftp'ing a file over. The only thing that I can think of is maybe I was in SXOS with wifi on, and maybe stealth mode wasn't enabled (I didn't block Nintendo's servers bcz I thought stealth mode did that already). It sucks that it happened, but that's the risk we take when running cfw :)

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't seem like Nintendo are actively banning people, only an unlucky few end up banned. They just do the bare minimum to scare some people away from pirating or cheating online but they seem to have mostly given up the fight. They could still be flagging consoles for a possible ban later on though. As always, if you want to be 100% safe from a ban, emuNAND is the way. sysNAND CFW isn't that risky in itself, the risk is low as long as you are careful not to do anything stupid, but it's still a risk.
I still think some things get you banned quicker than other things, Pirating/Cheating on online games seem to be a big two.

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My new isp f**ed me the day before yesterday, when they bypassed 90dns. Today I got banned, my sysnand cannot connect to Nintendo.

Pretty sure your ISP can't undo the manual 90dns setting in your switch. That is by far the weirdest excuse I've ever heard! XD

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the e-shop all the time, I only have sysNAND, I don't even use EmuNAND, And I've never been banned, using my soft modded 1st gen unpatched Switch for like forever. I've never attempted to spoof anything, cause in my opinion I feel like that just makes your system stand out amoung the rest more.

Reactions: Takokeshi

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also just curious, but what do you think the number of banned peeps is for HardModded VS SoftModded? Maybe the extra hardware flags something cause it changes the power distribution slightly, and Nintendo notices it somehow?

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also has anyone ever checked if the switch has some sort of telemetry thing on boot? that somehow bypasses any DNS settings for just enough time for Nintendo to snag a log file or something? I mean most CFW is open source, who's to say Nintendo did not mod their own system, to see how it works, and in some of their firmware updates put sneaky junk in to combat it or have alternate means of detecting it that we are unaware of? there is still so much to the banning process we don't understand yet, TBH. Who knows, some of the big homebrew apps use their own servers, Nintendo could just detect if any of those server pass thru your switch or something if they wanted to. Being there is no useable web browser on the switch without enabling it thru weird round about ways, it normally has no reason to be connecting to or reciving any data from any external web sites/servers other than Nintendo's.

I mean if I was a big game company with a console, That's what I'd do if peeps were jail-breaking my console and I wanted to combat it.

Last edited by JayBae,

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm?

Far as I can tell, they use their homebrew mods and custom sysmodules on games that they play online. They don't have any additional protection to gain from using emummc. It genuinely only wastes space on their SD card, for them.
Yeah it is a waste of space in my case. I don't feel it justifies having EmuNand for how I use my switch.

Reactions: Takokeshi

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I own multiple Nintendo Switch Consoles, I still have my unmodded V2 and an OLED. Even if I were to get banned, I'd still be able to use my games and junk, and be able to locally update my "theoretically" banned switch. lol

Reactions: peteruk

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't have to. All they have to do is ignore it and enforce that dns queries go through their server.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_hijacking
I mean they could, by why would an ISP just randomly do that one day, makes very little sense. lol also what if Nintendo themself are redirecting 90dns o3o I mean, when's the last time 90dns changed? If it's a static DNS all the time, Nintendo could have got smart and been like, if this specific DNS is used, then redirect it. lol

I've never personally even tried to block any of Nintendo's server, cause Like I said earlier, In my opinion, I feel like it would just make your console stand out more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: would you rather have unlimited bacon but no games, or games, unlimited games, but no more games?