Status
Not open for further replies.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Is currently happening in this subforum.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-i-bought-sx-pro-what-next.521807/

Mentioning that thats going on, and also, that Team Executers products are based on stolen open source code, just got me warned and my postings removed - because of them being "OFFTOPIC" -

to a LITERAL piracy support thread.

The guy in there is asking others, if he can use a proxy ("stealth mode") to get updates for his ISO games directly from Nintendos online service, because he just bought "the Team XT device" and doesnt know how to use it yet. But everyones so helpful!

Also he is confused by all this hacking talk - and people are happily flocking in, to tell him, that he doesnt need to know stuff just to pirate.

This is what gbatemp is now? I'm definitely asking because of clarification reasons.

I hope this information isnt too OFFTOPIC for its own thread, I thought people should know - that this is the new functional principal of gbatemp. Never mind scene politics - if piracy product customers come here for their aftermarket support - you give it to them - censoring the differing voices. They are sponsors.

Last edited by notimp,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is currently happening in this subforum.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-i-bought-sx-pro-what-next.521807/

Mentioning that thats going on, and also, that Team Executers products are based on stolen open source code, just got me warned and my postings removed - because of them being "OFFTOPIC" -

to a LITERAL piracy support thread.

The guy in there is asking others, if he can use a proxy ("stealth mode") to get updates for his ISO games directly from Nintendos online service, because he just bought "the piracy device" and doesnt know how to use it yet. But everyones so helpful!

Also he is confused by all this hacking talk - and people are happily flocking in, to tell him, that he doesnt need to know stuff just to pirate.

This is what gbatemp is now? I'm definitely asking because of clarification reasons.

I hope this information isnt too OFFTOPIC for its own thread, I thought people should know - that this is the new functional principal of gbatemp. Never mind scene politics - if piracy product customers come here for their aftermarket support - you give it to them - censoring the differing voices. They are sponsors.
Nobody is censoring anything. You go into people's thread who are asking for help and you start shitposting offtopic things.
Secondly you've been a member since 2007 yet you obviously have no clue how gbatemp started. GBATEMP is a wealth of information for all sorts of gaming related things. You're not forced to use any product. Apparently you just want to complain because you're tired of being a member and want to get banned.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It's not a new principle. It's how gbatemp has worked for many years. Piracy isn't discused, we discuss methods to make and play legit backups.
Which legit backups? The ones that in the entire european union and the entire US dont exist, because you are circumventing copyright protection measures?

Lets not go into details here, but that statement is wrong.

With hacking the devices there is a back and forth with certain countries having exceptions, for reverse engineering purposes, which can be used to understand technology (repair it, rebuild it, ...).

With commercial software DRM this does not exist. There is no such thing as a "legal copy" of a Switch game. In most juridictions around the world. Just to lay that myth to the rest.

Reactions: realWinterMute

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Additionally you've got something against TX as if you couldn't pirate games with ReiNX, or Atmosphere+patches.
I mean why are you a member here if you're even against making your own backups?

Last edited by comput3rus3r,
Reactions: Don Jon

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:rolleyes:

I know if I just leave it at that this would just get deleted with "not a gif forum" or something equally dumb, but really, this forum is constantly openly hostile to sxos, and your post is just more of that noise, so there's really no response other than "yeah bro, I hate it too" from other haterz, or just rolling eyes by more reasonable posters.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Its more than discussion at this point - in the thread at hand - someone went straigt from buying a "piracy product" from one of the vendors that sponsored gbatemp - and basically did the following

"Hi - I just bought this, I dont know nothing, what do I do?"

And the information started flowing. This is the turnkey solution from knowing nothing to "now you google a three letter acronym for your isos" for piracy.

Everything is spelled out.

Moderators fight for your right to come here and get the methodology spoonfed. Personally.

People advice you, that you dont have to know how your device works - and even dont have to do half the stuff - if you just want to pirate.

People talk about having to know about the hardware in a "being too confusing, dont do it - I didn't either - lol" fashion - thats the tone of the conversation these days.

Last edited by notimp,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I
People advice you, that you dont have to know how your device works - and even dont have to do half the stuff - if you just want to pirate.

Why would you need to know how the device works? Anyone who buys SX OS just wants to pirate in the simplest, less stressful way possible. They don't care HOW it works, as long as it works. And there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that. People are lazy, that's a FACT. There is no need to discuss it or try to change it. It is how it is

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I will not prevent piracy from happening personlly (not that of a white knight either), but this is what has me going.

All that anyone with 40 bucks to spend with one of gbatemps sponsors needs these days is to say "I just bought something I do know nothing about - but I know it can do piracy - what do I do?" and there are 10, no 15 people playing support honchos for the guy that only ever waved around with 40 bucks (that didnt need to have been spent if he went with an open source solution), and doing after market sales support, for TEAM freaking EXECUTOR, who was caught multiple times stealing open source code to sell in their products, and at one point wanted to buy out the lead Retroarch dev, to write over his current GPL3 project to only be compatible with their piracy dongle.

Which they DRMed, because Inception... *rolleyes*

Please - if you want this to become this the new normal, just open up a Team Executer support forum in here already.

I can then still pretend, that I'm not reading that - maybe it gives me solace...

We currently have moderators in here, fighting on the behalf of people to get after market support for products, from a dongle vendor, that is known to have stolen open source code, to have used it illegally, to have tried to play "devide et impera" with the homebrew scene, by buying developers out to act illegally - and you get booted from the "people with 40 bucks to spend" support thread for even mentioning that.

Thats some serious mind meld.

Also I might not have been polite in adressing the guy with 40 bucks and a piracy wishlist. Have to be honest.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: ghjfdtg

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I will not prevent piracy from happening personlly (not that of a white knight either), but this is what has me going.

All that anyone with 40 bucks to spend with one of gbatemps sponsors needs these days is to say "I just bought something I do know nothing about - but I know it can do piracy - what do I do?" and there are 10, no 15 people playing support honchos for the guy that only ever waved around with 40 bucks (that didnt need to have been spent if he went with an open source solution), and doing after market sales support, for TEAM freaking EXECUTOR, who was caught multiple times stealing open source code to sell in their products, and at one point wanted to buy out the lead Retroarch dev, to write over his current GPL3 project to only be compatible with their piracy dongle.

(emphasis mine)

So you're actually fine with piracy if it's open source, you're just against proprietary for-profit stuff like SX OS.

Okay, good, we got that one cleared up. So the entire point of the OP is...?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And since when is that against the forum rules?
Sharing of copyrighted files or links to them is against the rules.
Support of piracy is not against the rules.

Actually, AFAIK it is in the spirit of GBATemp to bring support regarding any topic in the hacking scene, including piracy, as long as it doesn't imply sharing copyrighted files on the website. This is no tehskeen.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Which they DRMed, because Inception... *rolleyes*

Please - if you want this to become this the new normal, just open up a Team Executer support forum in here already.

I can then still pretend, that I'm not reading that - maybe it gives me solace...

Cool Story.

Reactions: revamp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: