ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
(emphasis mine)

So you're actually fine with piracy if it's open source, you're just against proprietary for-profit stuff like SX OS.

Okay, good, we got that one cleared up. So the entire point of the OP is...?
Seems like he just got mad because the guy supported SX OS and gave them their 40 bucks.
I mean, who the fuck can tell other person what to spend their money on?
Who do he thinks he is? That guy's dad or something? dafuq

A

a9lh-1user

It's literally in the forum rules that discussion is allowed, anything other than that weather asking or sharing links to warez is not however.

Directly in the post above you a user tells someone with a opinion to (i quote that) "and also shut the fuck up"

You are a Moderator here at Gbatemp!
I'am not sure if you aware of the most of the members are underage :)

Nice what the next generation is learning from all that.

I not often coment thinks because it is useless and you wont be heard. But in that case i'am shocked about a Moderator doesn't do anything about that.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Directly in the post above you a user tells someone with a opinion to (i quote that) "and also shut the fuck up"

You are a Moderator here at Gbatemp!
I'am not sure if you aware of the most of the members are underage :)

Nice what the next generation is learning from all that.

I not often coment thinks because it is useless and you wont be heard. But in that case i'am shocked about a Moderator doesn't do anything about that.
What do you mean?
Some kid said "fuck" and now the life and innocence of all the other kids (above 13 years old per forum contract) will be spoiled for ever?
That's naive.
Or you mean that kids are hotheaded creatures that show not much respect for others?
Well, that's not new, and I don't think it's the temps fault.

In any case, AFAIK, this kind of thing only gets moderated (as in removed citing bickering) if it gets out of control and derails a thread.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do you "steal" open source work? Is Libre Office stolen? Linux Distros?

Pretty sure this has been explained before, something to do with the GPL license that pretty much forces them to identify the sources of the code they took, yet they did not which is pretty much illegal

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do you "steal" open source work? Is Libre Office stolen? Linux Distros?
You can't steal code, that's not the legal term.
But anyway you infringe the copyright if you don't follow the license.
That's not stealing, the same way pirating is not stealing, or stealing itself is not killing.

(not that anyone cares)

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open talk about piracy on gbatemp? I definitely see the reason for this thread. Is everyone really just going to let this go un noticed? You all seem very dismissive of this and it warrants attention. Ive been aware of this site for years and now they are talking piracy? Gbatemp that was founded on the principle that piracy is not to be talked about is now being talked about? Op i commend your efforts and i think a good use of time would be scouring the rest of the forums here for more potential beaches because this is definitely not typical gbstemp behavior.

Last edited by TheZander,

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One simple solution: don't come to this site if you don't like the way its being run. The internet is a large place, you have other options.

Discussions are allowed.

Know the difference.

Reactions: DownwardSpyral

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which legit backups? The ones that in the entire european union and the entire US dont exist, because you are circumventing copyright protection measures?

Lets not go into details here, but that statement is wrong.

With hacking the devices there is a back and forth with certain countries having exceptions, for reverse engineering purposes, which can be used to understand technology (repair it, rebuild it, ...).
With commercial software DRM this does not exist. There is no such thing as a "legal copy" of a Switch game. In most jurisdictions around the world. Just to lay that myth to the rest.

Who the hell cares? Why are you being an anti-piracy DRM shill? Save that for Nintendo forums and other like-minded drones who bitch about it.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Gbatemp that was founded on the principle that piracy is not tootoo talked about is now being talked about
actually it started as a place where you could "download" roms that were hosted temporary, then it turned into a site that listed rom releases as news updates, and evolved from that.....

edit: as noted below, I didnt see the sarcasm, i'm tired it is 5am

Last edited by Hunter,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Open talk about piracy on gbatemp? I definitely see the reason for this thread. Is everyone really just going to let this go un noticed? You all seem very dismissive of this and it warrants attention. Ive been aware of this site for years and now they are talking piracy? Gbatemp that was founded on the principle that piracy is not tootoo talked about is now being talked about? Op i commend your efforts and i think a good use of time would be scouring the rest of the forums here for more potential beaches because this is definitely not typical gbstemp behavior.
Lol, the sarcasm is strong.

Reactions: Bst22322 and 0000ff

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Discussing TX, their products and how what they're doing breaks copyright law in a topic with such a purpose is completely alright, but invading other people's topics to start discussing such things will get your posts removed as off-topic. Derailing other people's topics isn't nice.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is currently happening in this subforum.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-i-bought-sx-pro-what-next.521807/

Mentioning that thats going on, and also, that Team Executers products are based on stolen open source code, just got me warned and my postings removed - because of them being "OFFTOPIC" -

to a LITERAL piracy support thread.

The guy in there is asking others, if he can use a proxy ("stealth mode") to get updates for his ISO games directly from Nintendos online service, because he just bought "the Team XT device" and doesnt know how to use it yet. But everyones so helpful!

Also he is confused by all this hacking talk - and people are happily flocking in, to tell him, that he doesnt need to know stuff just to pirate.

This is what gbatemp is now? I'm definitely asking because of clarification reasons.

I hope this information isnt too OFFTOPIC for its own thread, I thought people should know - that this is the new functional principal of gbatemp. Never mind scene politics - if piracy product customers come here for their aftermarket support - you give it to them - censoring the differing voices. They are sponsors.
Would you rather people bitch, moan and flame any time a noob comes in?
Honestly, the site gets too much of that.
SX is fine, nothing wrong with using it, it might be a bit of a waste of money but for those that already bought one, no point in telling them to throw it in the bin.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
OP has a history of bitching for what they don't like.
Only them is right about everything going on here, no one can disagree, and if they see anyone getting moderated, it's censorship!

Wheth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So you're bothered by people helping other people where you've been nothing but a dick to said person, expecting others to do agree with you?

This just in, online communities might not be your thing after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY